Photo

[POLL] Which ROM are you using? (Week ending 16th Jan)

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
33 replies to this topic

Poll: Which ROM are you using on your San Francisco? (921 member(s) have cast votes)

So ... which ROM?

1. Stock ROM (128 votes [13.90%])

Percentage of vote: 13.90%

2. MoDaCo Custom Rom - r4 (93 votes [10.10%])

Percentage of vote: 10.10%

3. Sebastian404's r8 (37 votes [4.02%])

Percentage of vote: 4.02%

4. BladeVillain 1.1.0 (5 votes [0.54%])

Percentage of vote: 0.54%

5. French Fries RLS4 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. Sebastian de-bouyguesed (4 votes [0.43%])

Percentage of vote: 0.43%

7. Hungarian Hedgehog RLS2 (6 votes [0.65%])

Percentage of vote: 0.65%

8. Finnish Fillyjonk RLS4 (39 votes [4.23%])

Percentage of vote: 4.23%

9. CustomBladeVillain RSL4 (10 votes [1.09%])

Percentage of vote: 1.09%

10. Swedish Snow RLS1 (5 votes [0.54%])

11. Froyo Build, Alpha 1 (3 votes [0.33%])

Percentage of vote: 0.33%

12. r4b gforums Custom Rom (0 votes [0.00%])

13. Stackbladroid v0.1 (0 votes [0.00%])

14. MoDaCo Custom Froyo A3 (73 votes [7.93%])

Percentage of vote: 7.93%

15. Frankdroid r1 New Froyo (0 votes [0.00%])

16. FLB-Froyo G2 (r5a) (109 votes [11.83%])

Percentage of vote: 11.83%

17. de-softened Alpha r0.3 (34 votes [3.69%])

Percentage of vote: 3.69%

18. Japanese Jellyfish RLS5 (370 votes [40.17%])

Percentage of vote: 40.17%

19. FroyoBlade 0.3 (5 votes [0.54%])

20. Volcano 0.2 (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote

Bodai

Bodai

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Devices:ZTE BLADE
Wow!! I have my blade less than 20 days, i am using JJ but my release isn't included in the voting options. Things are moving FFFAAAASSSSTTTTT :D
:P
Haven't voted yet.

strat.minger

strat.minger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco
  • Twitter:@asinrope
Wow x2 - lots on the stock ROM, not lots on Sebs Froyo (which I use!) :D

DFTBA

Strat

Zleet

Zleet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Think I may upgrade to Jellyfish seeing as it has the largest user base so I expect problems are spotted and sorted fairly quickly.

Rotmann

Rotmann

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts
  • Devices:Nexus One, ZTE Blade
I would not bet on that based on user complaints about battery life, GPS (which you don't see on Seb's or Flib's Froyos).

punkmilitia

punkmilitia

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Devices:San Francisco
  • Twitter:@shaunhoare

I would not bet on that based on user complaints about battery life, GPS (which you don't see on Seb's or Flib's Froyos).

No.

He released a fix for the GPS and the battery life is very good now thanks to r6 and using battery callab.

so all in all, your post was uninformed and a waste, go with whatever rom you like, if you want a small bit more battery go with flibs or sebs, if you want an almost perfect rom which drains a VERY small amount more battery (which will probably be sorted next revision) go with JJ. simple as.

http://shaunsdomain.tk
if any of my posts help you, why not look into getting a GG simcard? free UNLIMITED internet, unlimited texts and 250mins a month for just a £10 topup, by signing up for a sim with the sim pic below we both get £5 free! :DPosted Image

Rotmann

Rotmann

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts
  • Devices:Nexus One, ZTE Blade
All 2.2 ROMs for the Blade are not perfect. Look at the last 3-5 pages on JJ, there are at least 10 posts of people complaining about massive battery drain on RLS6. Some people complain that they have flashed the GPS fix and it still does not work. Who's post is uninformed and a waste now, mate?

punkmilitia

punkmilitia

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

All 2.2 ROMs for the Blade are not perfect. Look at the last 3-5 pages on JJ, there are at least 10 posts of people complaining about massive battery drain on RLS6. Some people complain that they have flashed the GPS fix and it still does not work. Who's post is uninformed and a waste now, mate?

Yours still. I have been subd to that thread for a few releases and noticed those post, the post talkking about the battery are fair enough, most of them didn't do a bat callab and thus have battery problems, but I will admit it does use more battery than the others, but not much more, infact mine uses almost the exact same amount as FLB but it's faster,etc. the gps issue has been fixed for almost everyone, the people who didn't get it fixed must have missed a step or soemthing, it's so simple, you only have to go to setting, gps and tick something.

if any of my posts help you, why not look into getting a GG simcard? free UNLIMITED internet, unlimited texts and 250mins a month for just a £10 topup, by signing up for a sim with the sim pic below we both get £5 free! :DPosted Image

tttonyyy

tttonyyy

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
+1 on Seb's r0.3 Froyo, love it. Very interesting that so many are on JJ but I'm happy with Seb's work so far (the missus' phone is on his 2.1 r8 too). Edit: now upgraded her to Seb's r0.3 Froyo too.

Edited by tttonyyy, 13 January 2011 - 10:43 AM.

lixcab

lixcab

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts
I wonder if we can have a "Rating" poll (1-5 stars) of the different FROYO builds?

Rizzler

Rizzler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
JellyFish RLS 6, overclocked and much smoother than stock rom. Before on stock rom my phone could restart random a few times but not now. :D

Edited by Rizzler, 13 January 2011 - 03:36 PM.

jaypatel

jaypatel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

No.

He released a fix for the GPS and the battery life is very good now thanks to r6 and using battery callab.

so all in all, your post was uninformed and a waste, go with whatever rom you like, if you want a small bit more battery go with flibs or sebs, if you want an almost perfect rom which drains a VERY small amount more battery (which will probably be sorted next revision) go with JJ. simple as.

How do you do battery callibration. I ur rsl6 and whn the phone is fully charged, the LED remins red, the same as when its charging from 60%!!! In the battery calibration guide, it says LED should go green, mine just stays on red :/ help please?

punkmilitia

punkmilitia

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

How do you do battery callibration. I ur rsl6 and whn the phone is fully charged, the LED remins red, the same as when its charging from 60%!!! In the battery calibration guide, it says LED should go green, mine just stays on red :/ help please?

Ahh, simples! :3 some froyo builds (ie: JJ) don't have the green led thing working in them, so when you know it's like 99/100% charged just do it :D

The Soup Thief

The Soup Thief

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 5 (N4 etc retired)
  • Twitter:@TheSoupThief
This poll's just a little misleading, donchya think?
Along with many of you, I've switched ROM a couple of times since voting, but can't change my vote to reflect my current one
Am finding the latest FLB Froyo to be pretty damn steady with pretty fine battery life
Will soon be flicking to Paul's Modaco froyo in it's next outing though, just to see what's happening over on that side of the street
Curious about this Jelllyfish business though...

shadowninty

shadowninty

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Devices:Xperia Play, ZTE Blade
I flashed JJ RLS5 TPT image 20 minutes after unboxing (as RLS6 image didnt have Clockwork) flashed RLS6 + OC and later upgraded to RLS7 + OC

cant compare it to other ROMs because of that but I find the battery life better than my Symbain Nokia 5530 (which has 25% less battery mah and 30% smaller screen)

Device: ZTE Blade [TFT, White] ROM: CyanogenMod 7 [Latest Nightly] Android 2.3.4
Sign up for Dropbox, and earn us both 250MB EXTRA Free Online Storage on top of 2GB you get already - The Cloud, its the future
Dropbox lets you easily sync files between your OS's (including Windows, Ubuntu and Android!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users