Nominate a Mod/Split the forum into sections - Poll now closed.

Guest cobhc

After my flaming yesterday I really think we need to nominate a mod if the current mods do not have time, this is a really busy forum and it needs some sort of order kept to it. I also think we need to split the forums up into sections so people who are only interested in rom development, or themes don't have to sift through all the threads which mean nothing to them.

Edit:- Poll now closed, sections have been made and moderator privelages have been given. Thanks for the support guys.

Edited by cobhc

If anyone wants to nominate me (though I doubt I I have many friends here after the flaming yesterday), then I can definitely try my best to make a good job of it.

Guest fonix232

We definitely need at least one moderator dedicated for this one very thread base (Blade subforum), and of course, a split, something like on XDA: a place for general info, questions, etc; one for the ROMs; one for mods and tricks and stuff; one for themes. App tests, general info, release stuff can go into General, ROMs go into ROM section, mods, etc goes to Modding, and themes go to Themes. Simple and manage-able form, while everything is in one place.

Guest Arr Too

I think we should see how we get on with the instructions from our friendly moderators to help clear the clutter by using the Report button and not the Reply button! Doing a Reply rather than a Report is self-defeating, and usually ends up with heart rates raised and lots of pointless posts.

Guest StevenHarperUK

I would happily MOD.

I don't keep a ROM or a Theme or anything so you could say that makes me unbiased and also less busy when everyone else is (dealing with new ROMS and source releases).

I would happily MOD.

I don't keep a ROM or a Theme or anything so you could say that makes me unbiased and also less busy when everyone else is (dealing with new ROMS and source releases).

This would be awesome, you seem to be on the forum even more than I am haha. I nominate you!

Guest Arr Too

I think we can all act like moderators if we make a big effort to use the Report button properly and supply a relevant link. Maybe the existing moderators will get sick of the hundreds of Report emails from this forum and ask one of the people who has been doing a lot of good Reports to help out?

Guest isambard
I would happily MOD.

i would support this. i think you've done a great job with the guides.

Guest shadowninty

My Blade should be arriving in a few days

I voted for both

After all mods are needed to move threads posted in wrong sections :D

I'd like to see these sub-sections added;

ROMs [custom and official]

Blade Development [a la XDA, minus proper ROM threads, things like the GB or Fonix's MIUI thread would go here]

Themes and Tweaks [themes, custom battery icons, launchers etc]

I've seen Steve's work here, he gets my vote as a mod

I'd say Frankish would be a good mod too :P

Edited by shadowninty

Guest lordofangels

I voted for both,

as for mods have too agree with others,

Stephen Harper for length of being a member and his fantastic guides,

and Frankish for his knowledge of the Droid system

Guest Frankish
I voted for both,

as for mods have too agree with others,

Stephen Harper for length of being a member and his fantastic guides,

and Frankish for his knowledge of the Droid system

I'm sorry but i feel like a fraud here. I really don't know that much :S I know a little. :D

Guest mikhd002

As I only recently acquired my San Fran, I feel I could probably do a decent job of moderating the newbie questions, as I know how they feel. Also I have experience in the workings of forums. I'm also on here at least once a day, if not more. However I probably wouldn't get much support, as my post count is so low, although as of yet I haven't been properly flamed yet!! Hurray.

Guest triobot

well if a newbie section was created, that would filter out so many "pointless", repeated threads on this forum. (tbh this wouldn't be needed if people actually used the search)

A mod is needed to close so many of these threads that are brought back to life with no real reason apart from "i have this problem and this thread helped me"

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

I'd say just a mod, because separate sections aren't going to deter unknowlegable idiots- we may even find them posting on every sub-forum. And even a good mod would them find himself stretched, going from forum to forum

Guest oh!dougal

To be at all useful, the poll really needed another option "Fine as it is".

I think sub-fora and more active moderation, including thread-merging, would be progress.

But we don't know how many (or how few) actually prefer it like this ...

Guest Rotmann
I agree. I'd love to do the job but i think the guys here probably think they manage pretty well.

:D was that a joke?

This place is in dire need of separated sections. It's kinda like we're shitting where we dine.

:P brilliant, just brilliant.

A Split would be sufficient IMO, but if we are nominating people to be mods then Arr Too and oh!dougal get my vote - although there is nothing to suggest that either of them would want the job. ;)

As usual with positions of "power" - anyone who nominates themselves should be automatically excluded... :)

To be at all useful, the poll really needed another option "Fine as it is".

I think sub-fora and more active moderation, including thread-merging, would be progress.

But we don't know how many (or how few) actually prefer it like this ...

Added fine as it is to the poll, wanted to be as fair as possible :D