Any news about KAx ROMs?

Guest Rapid81

Guest Rapid81

Anyone has any news about KAx ROMs? Someone from Samsung? :D

Will be new ROMs for our O2 this year?

The latest is the JJ1 (october 2010), but maybe still hope.

Anybody know about the development phases of MS. They're still developing the 6.5.X versions or they're give it up and focusing on the WP7?

Edited by Rapid81

Guest bobhero

Maybe we can find out when Samsung stopping making ROMs for the Omnia 1 for some insight? i900 was released in July 2008, anyone know when the last i900 rom was released?

latest i see is IJ1 = 2009 Oct

http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general...yonn-i900-roms/

so that means i900 got ROM updates for 1 year and 3 months after release.

i8000 was release in July 2009, and 1 year and 3 months after release is the current JJ1 ROM (2010 October). So it could very well be the last release, but i hope not! :D

Edited by bobhero

Maybe we can find out when Samsung stopping making ROMs for the Omnia 1 for some insight? i900 was released in July 2008, anyone know when the last i900 rom was released?

http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general...yonn-i900-roms/

so that means i900 got ROM updates for 1 year and 3 months after release.

i8000 was release in July 2009, and 1 year and 3 months after release is the current JJ1 ROM (2010 October). So it could very well be the last release, but i hope not! :D

sure nailed it :P

Guest Pako777

no.. latest i900_fw was PUJA1 (but real its PUIE2 ;) ).. really last was i900XBIK1 :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lucienium
I'm going to sell my O2.

Tired of false promises from Samsung and Microsoft. :lol:

I'm curious what these false promises are. Do you have a link to an official press release advising we will get something specific from either Samsung or Microsoft?

I'm curious what these false promises are. Do you have a link to an official press release advising we will get something specific from either Samsung or Microsoft?

what about 6.5.5?? Samsung already has it!

Microsoft on the launch of the new WinMO7 promised upgrades to the users of 6.5 due to phone restritions on the new WinMo. It was stated by Microsoft all over the world in the press and in the official launch of WinMO7.

C'mon... :lol:

Guest Rapid81
what about 6.5.5?? Samsung already has it!

Microsoft on the launch of the new WinMO7 promised upgrades to the users of 6.5 due to phone restritions on the new WinMo. It was stated by Microsoft all over the world in the press and in the official launch of WinMO7.

C'mon... :lol:

Samsung never promised 6.5.5 ever.

Dude to phone restrictions, like you said. The O2 does not match to those restrictions.

Samsung never promised 6.5.5 ever.

Dude to phone restrictions, like you said. The O2 does not match to those restrictions.

I know my english is bad, but:

I said samsung already has hands on 6.5.5.

When I say "due to phone restrictions" is: As the new WinMo7 only works with specific devices (phone restrictions), MS promised working on developments for the 6.5 users that cannot use WinMo7 on their devices.

Ok, no matter what, I will drop the issue here... but with one last thought:

Companies like Apple and MS that are developing new systems that only works in new products are losing for the great Android. In a year or two you will have WinMo8 with more restrictions, a new Iphone 5 is coming...

Money doesn't fall from the sky...

Guest Rapid81
I know my english is bad, but:

I said samsung already has hands on 6.5.5.

When I say "due to phone restrictions" is: As the new WinMo7 only works with specific devices (phone restrictions), MS promised working on developments for the 6.5 users that cannot use WinMo7 on their devices.

Ok, no matter what, I will drop the issue here... but with one last thought:

Companies like Apple and MS that are developing new systems that only works in new products are losing for the great Android. In a year or two you will have WinMo8 with more restrictions, a new Iphone 5 is coming...

Money doesn't fall from the sky...

And honestly, who cares? I hate WP7, because it's ugly and no multitasking, and about some other things. And I think if the MS is going toward this way, I'll hate WP8 too. The Iphone is a thing what I don't really interested in. Not at all, ever.

I'm very well with my 6.5 and 6.5.3 WM on my O2, and I don't have a lots of money to change my O2 to another device what have az operating system what I don't like. And just like you said, the money doesn't fall from the sky, and because of this, I don't want to buy new devices every year. I'm fine with my O2.

Stop complaining about promises what's the MS and Samsung never promised. Sell your phone and buy a new one, if you have a lots of money for this.

About Winmo6.5.3: I have talked to somebody from Finland, Sweden or somewhere up there, who got an update for his O2 via Kies. And guess, which WinMo Version it was....

An official update via Kis with Wm 6.5.3. I don´t really remeber, which Rom Version it was, but it matched to the Roms we have here in our Board.

So it seems to be released in special countries... My Omnia came back from servicecenter yesterday. With the newest Rom upgrade(JF2) it was WinMo6.5.

Regards

Guest silviaccio1
And honestly, who cares? I hate WP7, because it's ugly and no multitasking, and about some other things. And I think if the MS is going toward this way, I'll hate WP8 too. The Iphone is a thing what I don't really interested in. Not at all, ever.

I'm very well with my 6.5 and 6.5.3 WM on my O2, and I don't have a lots of money to change my O2 to another device what have az operating system what I don't like. And just like you said, the money doesn't fall from the sky, and because of this, I don't want to buy new devices every year. I'm fine with my O2.

Stop complaining about promises what's the MS and Samsung never promised. Sell your phone and buy a new one, if you have a lots of money for this.

+1

Guest bluhound
How many 6.5.3 ROMs are here in this forum? I cannot count it... ;) The Samsung released a lots of 6.5.3 ROMs.

Samsung sure did release a lot of WM6.5.3 ROMS but those are not considered "Official Retail" releases.

What I am looking for are 6.5.3 ROMS which can be upgraded at Service Centres and Kies.

I have tried several 6.5.3 ROMs (up till JH2. I only go for stock ROMs) but those ROMs still have the volume level bug. I usually switch between normal and silent mode by holding the 'volume down' button. Sometimes, this causes the volume level to be 0. It is actually annoying, missed a few important calls because of this. If only this can be fixed, then the WM6.5.3 ROMs are fine.

Btw, I have other better phones to use but I still like my O2 as the size is perfect and have a couple of Noreve cases which I do not want them to go to waste.

Edited by bluhound