• Please log in to reply
296 replies to this topic

limcc

limcc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omina II
I wish to try your V2 rom but after several tried and minutes of waiting, the 4shared give me a download link of mp3! wtfish!

GUCCI OMNIA

GUCCI OMNIA

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Devices:Omnia II - i8000l
Hey Rapid.

I really liked the sms program in your JH2 rom - it was threaded without green and orange bubbles (kind of looked like a simple MSN chat) It didn't have that sending screen which takes a few seconds. Most importantly, the best thing about it was when I would start typing a contact in the TO field, it would auto complete. It was a lot easier than the sms program in your recent roms where I must click TO, then search, phone book, then type the letters, the check mark the contact, then hit done... which is a lot of steps just to enter the recipient.

Do you know how I can get sms to be similar to your JH2 rom? ... is there a cab for it? I've tried so many roms - all yours, MS Team's and others - but I haven't been able to find a good sms program, other than in your JH2 rom.

Thanks for everything,

p.s. good job on the new graphics in JJ1 version 2 (for example in the system tray) they are cool!

Edited by GUCCI OMNIA, 27 January 2011 - 02:54 AM.

Rapid81

Rapid81

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts
  • Devices:Motorola Defy+

Hey Rapid.

I really liked the sms program in your JH2 rom - it was threaded without green and orange bubbles (kind of looked like a simple MSN chat) It didn't have that sending screen which takes a few seconds. Most importantly, the best thing about it was when I would start typing a contact in the TO field, it would auto complete. It was a lot easier than the sms program in your recent roms where I must click TO, then search, phone book, then type the letters, the check mark the contact, then hit done... which is a lot of steps just to enter the recipient.
Do you know how I can get sms to be similar to your JH2 rom? ... is there a cab for it? I've tried so many roms - all yours, MS Team's and others - but I haven't been able to find a good sms program, other than in your JH2 rom.

Thanks for everything,

p.s. good job on the new graphics in JJ1 version 2 (for example in the system tray) they are cool!

I think what you want is in the JH2. I never changed system modules, like sms.

ignatious

ignatious

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Devices:omniashk10
i love this rom!
ive loved it since it was released, love it, love, love it ..... :lol:

GUCCI OMNIA

GUCCI OMNIA

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Devices:Omnia II - i8000l

I think what you want is in the JH2. I never changed system modules, like sms.

Sorry I've just rememered - it was from Sh.a.rk's JH2 rom - which is a build off yours.

In anycase how would I get it from JH2 and put it on your newer roms?

Thanks Rapid!

Edited by GUCCI OMNIA, 27 January 2011 - 07:17 PM.

kimitza

kimitza

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • Devices:Samsung GT-I8000 2Gb
can anyone share the memory specs after flashing?thanks...

kenzoo

kenzoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Devices:OMNIA II
Hi Rapid81,

Thanks for the great rom.
Will you cook this rom with sense 2.5 as what you did in wm6.5?
Anticipating on it...

zhencong

zhencong

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:Omnia2
great rom.. installing now :lol:

Rapid81

Rapid81

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Hi Rapid81,

Thanks for the great rom.
Will you cook this rom with sense 2.5 as what you did in wm6.5?
Anticipating on it...

There are Sense 2.5 version from my 6.5.3 ROM.

problematika

problematika

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • Devices:samsung omnia II
Can u provide background for all tabs? and...hm...forgot how can i call that...4x4 row for quick links shorcuts? ;) Great Rom, the fastest, stable....great job...! only one thing that i dont like is the "loading thing"...i think that u could switch that animation with some other! ;)

Rapid81

Rapid81

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Can u provide background for all tabs? and...hm...forgot how can i call that...4x4 row for quick links shorcuts? ;) Great Rom, the fastest, stable....great job...! only one thing that i dont like is the "loading thing"...i think that u could switch that animation with some other! ;)

You can found the Back4All in my other ROM's thread. And the loading thing... You can change it anytime you want...

problematika

problematika

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • Devices:samsung omnia II
Ok, but dont know how... ;) Anyway, your effort to our community is great (also with android)!!! If u sometimes come in croatia, you got beer!!! ;)

Rapid81

Rapid81

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Ok, but dont know how... :D Anyway, your effort to our community is great (also with android)!!! If u sometimes come in croatia, you got beer!!! ;)

You need a Power_off.gif and Power_on.gif and a welcomehead192.png, if you want to change the welcome screen too. Just copy these files under \Windows with Total Commander PPC.

I'm planning to go to the Adria at one time in the next couple of years. ;)

kenzoo

kenzoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Devices:OMNIA II

There are Sense 2.5 version from my 6.5.3 ROM.

Will you include samsung menu in your next build?
Really love the design on samsung menu...coz already getting used of it..
thank you.. ;)

Zlovred

Zlovred

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:HTC Sensation XE
Hi! I flash your ROM V2. It's the best! Quick, no bugs. =)

taram7703

taram7703

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks for your Rom sense Rapid. I've try a lot of Sense Rom and your is the best, very good speed. No bug...
Good Ram space. Nice. :P Thank you very much.
Sorry for my poor english, i'm french.

Edit : I,ve bug, when i want put a shortcut in the home, i see a white square and after reboot, all is ok.
an other thing, i don't see the miniature of the website in the favorites, is it normal ?

Edited by taram7703, 08 February 2011 - 09:09 AM.

Rapid81

Rapid81

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

i don't see the miniature of the website in the favorites, is it normal ?

You only see it when the IE is the default browser.

Big Gay Al

Big Gay Al

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:i8000
Hi,

Firstly - Thanks for the time that you've spent in bring this ROM to us all :-)
I've been using this ROM for a week or two now and have these issues to raise:
> I got a message saying that some process had failed, over and over again, when synchrosising by USB connection. I turned fault reporting off.
> Calendar reminders keep recurring ever 5 minutes, even when cancelled. Suddenly this stopped and now I don't get reminders at all - but the phone "wakes up" and lights up when a reminder would have occurred.
> I use an external GPS receiver, having long since given up on getting the internal GPS receiver to work with TomTom - although with this ROM I cannot allocate a COM port to the GPS device, so cannot therefor use it.

Great ROM apart from these issues - I love your additions - you have breathed new life into my "old" Omnia II

Cheers
Al

Rapid81

Rapid81

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Hi,

Firstly - Thanks for the time that you've spent in bring this ROM to us all :-)
I've been using this ROM for a week or two now and have these issues to raise:
> I got a message saying that some process had failed, over and over again, when synchrosising by USB connection. I turned fault reporting off.
> Calendar reminders keep recurring ever 5 minutes, even when cancelled. Suddenly this stopped and now I don't get reminders at all - but the phone "wakes up" and lights up when a reminder would have occurred.
> I use an external GPS receiver, having long since given up on getting the internal GPS receiver to work with TomTom - although with this ROM I cannot allocate a COM port to the GPS device, so cannot therefor use it.

Great ROM apart from these issues - I love your additions - you have breathed new life into my "old" Omnia II

Cheers
Al

Did you flashed the full version (.mst) of this ROM (JI1) before you flashed mine? If not, then do it. Flash the .mst, then flash mine. If you not used the JI1 full, before flashed mine, the ROM may have problems. And this is the case at every ROM, not just mine. If you flash a cooked ROM, I recommend you to flash the original ROM from that version (except eboot, that's not needed), before flashing the cooked.

bog_dan28

bog_dan28

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:i8000
Hi Rapid!

Thank you very much for these wonderful roms. I've used for one day the v2 and it's amazingly fast!

After that I switched to the sense version. I like it very much, very smooth and good looking, with a few glitches, but since it's still in beta version it's perfect.

One question if I may - I use the alarm quite often and in the sense i can't select other tones than the standard windows one, that aren't any good. Is there a way around this without using the samsung clock?

Thank you very much and I would really appreciate the answer!

PS: issues: when using sense, you can't see email setup (there's a black line where the letters are, but they are also black, so you can't see anything) Same thing in the sense calendar - you can't make appointments.

The sense calendar - sometimes it's white and you can't see anything, sometimes it's black, and it's perfect.

While viewing, some mails have white letters on white background.
In sense, (in the mail tab), some mails appear as a black rectangle.

Edited by bog_dan28, 17 February 2011 - 04:10 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users