Rapid's 6.5.3 ROMs (++Sense 2.5.2021++)

Guest Rapid81

Guest honming
A big thank you Rapid.

This was my first attempt at flashing so it was great to see my Omnia I8000 boot up without the features of a brick (my biggest fear, but I'm due for an upgrade so thought "why not?"

For all the Win 7 (32 bit) operators out there I thought I'd post a step by step for them (I know these are out there but they read like a dogs breakfast)

1. Download OCTRANS 2.14, CDMA Modem driver 4.34, USB Driver X86 32bit and of course the ROM.

2. Extract the ROM (so it has .nb0 at the end), OCTRANS zip and the other drivers.

3. Install the CDMA Modem Driver (the default Program Files location will do)

4. Turn the Omnia off (and not the soft key button that turns the screen off! Use a long push on the bottom right button)

5. Plug it in to a USB cable attached to the computer USB port (not through a Hub!)

6. Go to Control Panel / Device Manager and look for mobile devices. Right click the Samsung item and select "Uninstall driver" (the driver used on Win 7 is a later driver and it won't accept your downloaded driver) follow all the prompts to unistall the driver. Unplug the Omnia and then plug it back in. Open or refresh Device Manager and you should see an unsigned device. Click it and update the driver to your downloaded one (older version driver) (this step is necessary as OCTRANS later on fails to connect to the device with the new driver installed)

7. RESTART YOUR COMPUTER!

8. Turn on your Omnia and ensure Windows Mobile Device Centre connects to your Omnia.

9. Unplug your Omnia and turn it off

10. Go to the folder holding OCTRANS 2.14. Right click on the program and select Properties / Compatibility. Tick the box Run this program in.... Scroll down the compatability options and select Windows XP (Service Pack 3). Click APPLY and OK.

11. Open OCTRANS 2.14

12. Click PDA. Navigate to the the file Rapid_JI1(29007)_Naked_ENG.nbo. Select it

13. I chose to select Preserve device's contents so I wouldn't lose my data on My Storage

14. Click Detect

15. Connect your TURNED OFF Omnia to the USB cable.

16. If all went well the Start Downloading button will activate. Click it and sit back.

The device will boot up after a while and then activate the 1 prompt that appears during boot up (apart from the pesky Calibrate screen) Wait until the phone is full booted up and showing the Today screen before unpluging.

Enjoy exploring

hi friend,

thx for your guide :(

at the beginning, i failed to flash the rom under win7 although i had followed the training video.

after try and error, i found that i forget to re-install the driver, and i think many people had skipped step 6... :(

Edited by honming

Guest Rapid81

The 29013 build is out. I'm still waiting for the 29017, but I needed to try the new settings and others, that's why I created the 29011 version naked ROM. When the 29017 is out, I'll create all ROM with that.

Guest Rapid81
Hi Rapid , where I can find the Color_Correction.cab ?

thx in advance ยก

Regards.

Not needed with the new release. The theme is changed.

Guest Rapid81

First additional icon pack. :D

Just unzip and copy to the \Windows folder, then softreset.

http://pfc.treck.hu/Omnia2/ROM/6.5/Rapid/I...ro%20Square.zip

post-624700-1299940507_thumb.png

Metallic icon pack. The stuff is 40% made by Jyrik, 60% made by me. For my sorry, I could not made something to Spb Screenshot and MyPhone. :( But I'm still thinking about it. :( Will upload separately if done.

http://pfc.treck.hu/Omnia2/ROM/6.5/Rapid/Icons/Metallic.zip

post-624700-1299953786_thumb.png

Edited by Rapid81

Guest jowei
just a question... I should install this new release with the EBOOT and Phone of JI original ones or can I use the latest ones JJ1?

I use 29013 with eboot and phone both JJ1, csc is JI1.

Runs great. This is a fantastic ROM with plenty of free RAM.

Guest mike1544

post-677158-1300013543_thumb.jpg post-677158-1300014286_thumb.jpg

Just tested Rapid_JI1(29013_-_11-03-2011) and couldn't find anything too major wrong.

A little glitch in the Samsung setting menu superimposes the close button (X) over the quicklaunch taskbar icon.

i.e. If you go into the display tab of Samsung settings and alter something, when you hit the OK tab it sends you back to the pick screen. This is when both buttons are overlapping each other. The work around is if you hit another tab, say the connections tab, then the (X) is showing and the taskbar quicklaunch item disappears.

Other than that, all phone and SMS/MMS functions work.

I haven't installed anything but the Samsung Widgetplus (yes, I know but I like it for testing things. Will remove it when I install a theme)

The phone is responsive and fast and all looks good so far. Cheers again.

Guest Rapid81
Just tested Rapid_JI1(29013_-_11-03-2011) and couldn't find anything too major wrong.

A little glitch in the Samsung setting menu superimposes the close button (X) over the quicklaunch taskbar icon.

i.e. If you go into the display tab of Samsung settings and alter something, when you hit the OK tab it sends you back to the pick screen. This is when both buttons are overlapping each other. The work around is if you hit another tab, say the connections tab, then the (X) is showing and the taskbar quicklaunch item disappears.

Other than that, all phone and SMS/MMS functions work.

I haven't installed anything but the Samsung Widgetplus (yes, I know but I like it for testing things. Will remove it when I install a theme)

The phone is responsive and fast and all looks good so far. Cheers again.

This is the XTask's fault, but you can tap on it and the tap on the big red X near the Settings and it closes. :D

For my sorry, the HTC Taskmanager 2.1 won't work on 6.5.3 ROM. If anyone has a working HTC TM to 6.5.3 ROMs, please notify me. :(

Edited by Rapid81

Guest mike1544

No worries, I found the work around anyway. It was only a small glitch and nothing major.

I downloaded and installed the Sense Version and had a play with it. I also played with MS Teams ROM and although I like the interface, the options and differences are astounding compared to the Samsung platform that I like. Tried to edit the registry to pull up the sms-mms.exe program on the start tabs but didn't have much luck. Same for the Phonebook.exe for Samsung. I guess I like Samsung's layout for these programs and if I ever achieve it I'll keep Sense running on my Omnia.

I'm trying out TF3D now and will have a play with it also.

I'm looking for a different looking homescreen so guess I'll keep playing until I find one I like.

Keep up the good work Rapid and I'll certainly be keeping an eye out for 29017 so I can play. :D

Guest Rapid81
No worries, I found the work around anyway. It was only a small glitch and nothing major.

I downloaded and installed the Sense Version and had a play with it. I also played with MS Teams ROM and although I like the interface, the options and differences are astounding compared to the Samsung platform that I like. Tried to edit the registry to pull up the sms-mms.exe program on the start tabs but didn't have much luck. Same for the Phonebook.exe for Samsung. I guess I like Samsung's layout for these programs and if I ever achieve it I'll keep Sense running on my Omnia.

I'm trying out TF3D now and will have a play with it also.

I'm looking for a different looking homescreen so guess I'll keep playing until I find one I like.

Keep up the good work Rapid and I'll certainly be keeping an eye out for 29017 so I can play. :D

I recommend you the NeoMix Dark Titanium skin. It's not a Sense, but good. :D I'm using it too. Fast, easy to set and not leaking the memory.

Other:

MS MyPhone and Spb Screenshot icons. :( Need to rename to MyPhone_icon.png and Spb Screenshot.png.

post-624700-1300028337_thumb.png

post-624700-1300024924_thumb.png

And an O2Compass icon what's matches to the theme. Need to rename to O2Compass.png.

post-624700-1300025579_thumb.png

I reuploaded the whole pack with these icons in it. :(

Edited by Rapid81

Guest Rapid81

Icon packs in the second post all together + 2 new and some O2Droid icons what's matching the themes. :D

Edited by Rapid81

Guest Namar
First additional icon pack. :D

Just unzip and copy to the \Windows folder, then softreset.

http://pfc.treck.hu/Omnia2/ROM/6.5/Rapid/I...ro%20Square.zip

post-624700-1299940507_thumb.png

Metallic icon pack. The stuff is 40% made by Jyrik, 60% made by me. For my sorry, I could not made something to Spb Screenshot and MyPhone. :( But I'm still thinking about it. :( Will upload separately if done.

http://pfc.treck.hu/Omnia2/ROM/6.5/Rapid/Icons/Metallic.zip

post-624700-1299953786_thumb.png

@Chef Rapid81

Is it possible to have the Electro_Square icon pack uploaded using another link or site?. My pc keeps blocking me from downloading from this link. I love the icons. Great job