- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

modelman

modelman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
After being spoiled by my last phone my new ZTE Blade doesn't seem to be able to assign custom ringtones to individual contacts or change custom text tones.
You seem to be able to only set a custom ringtone for all calls.

Question. Am I missing something or can this not be done using Android 2.1?
If not are there any custom apps that allow you to assign custom sounds as I'm missing the "It's The Wife" ringtone. No warning now when she rings... :D :P

Edited by modelman, 10 January 2011 - 01:51 AM.

Flumpster

Flumpster

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Devices:ZTE-Blade
  • Twitter:@flumpster
Go to contacts and select one. On the next screen that pops up showing call mobile, call home etc press the menu button and then click options.

The ringtone setting is there.

modelman

modelman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Go to contacts and select one. On the next screen that pops up showing call mobile, call home etc press the menu button and then click options.

The ringtone setting is there.

Thanks for that however after adding a custom ringtone, it doesn't seen to appear in the text tones section so how do you move a ringtone into the text tones list.

Thanks again...

agstilo

agstilo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Thanks for that however after adding a custom ringtone, it doesn't seen to appear in the text tones section so how do you move a ringtone into the text tones list.

Thanks again...

You need to listen to it in the music player - you can then set it as a ringtone by clicking menu - set as ringtone.

Flumpster

Flumpster

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Devices:ZTE-Blade
  • Twitter:@flumpster
I add some folders onto my sd card as follows.

Make a folder on the root of the sd card called "media"
Inside "media" make a folder called "audio"
Inside "audio" make 3 folders called "alarms" "notifications" and "ringtones"

You want to put your mp3's for text messages in "notifications", the rest I'm sure you can work out :D

edit... If you mounted the sd card on the phone to make these folders and place the mp3 files on there don't forget to unmount afterward or the phone wont see them.

Edited by Flumpster, 10 January 2011 - 04:02 PM.

modelman

modelman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thanks guys for the comments.

Flumpster - Your method works a treat and gives complete flexibilty on what and where you place audio on the phone. This would have taken me a while to work out as I've only just started playing with Android. Cheers

scareypirate

scareypirate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Thanks guys for the comments.

Flumpster - Your method works a treat and gives complete flexibilty on what and where you place audio on the phone. This would have taken me a while to work out as I've only just started playing with Android. Cheers

Sorry to hijack. But could I do the same to assign different tones to the following:

SMS

Email

Contacts

MMS

Or am I being a little too keen. Oh I have the FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade (r8a) installed.

Cheers

Android-Fan

Android-Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco

Sorry to hijack. But could I do the same to assign different tones to the following:

SMS

Email

Contacts

MMS

Or am I being a little too keen. Oh I have the FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade (r8a) installed.

Cheers

I'd like to know this too

Phoenix Silver

Phoenix Silver

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade Orange France
  • Twitter:@phoenixbjp
it's in /system/media/audio/notifications

Si le corps est mortel, l’âme elle est éternelle.

xcd35user

xcd35user

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Many many thanks. I am new to Android and was disappointed until I found this post. It was so satisfying to try this and find it work perfectly.

There is one last thing. On my Dell XCD35 (which is the ZTE Blade with Froyo 2.2 on it) I can't find a way to assign an entire group to one ringtone? I have 400 work contacts in one group and I want to assign the same exact ringtone to them----in one step so to speak.

It was possible on my old java phone but not sure how to do it on the XCD35. The user manual does not explain it how either. Can you please clarify to a newbie on if its possible.

xcd35user

xcd35user

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Many many thanks. I am new to Android and was disappointed until I found this posted. It was so satisfying to try this and find it work perfectly.

There is one last thing. On my Dell XCD35 (which is the ZTE Blade with Froyo 2.2 on it) I can't find a way to assign an entire group to one ringtone? I have 400 work contacts in one group and I want to assign the same exact ringtone to them----in one step so to speak.

It was possible on my old java phone but not sure how to do it on the XCD35. The user manual does not explain it how either. Can you please clarify to a newbie on if its possible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users