Android 2.3...How long and how difficult?

Guest sukh singh

Guest Truenash

2.3 is mainly a cosmetic update. Google realised android is technically on par with competitors, but the experience wasn't consistent and user friendly enough. It was great for us geeks and techies, but the average iPhone user can't manage a microwave let alone a smartphone. So I don't agree it was a pointless update, it just isn't a nessecary update for the sort of people who flash custom roms.

Steve, any chance of the 2.3 screen fade, however? :D

Guest sukh singh
2.3 is mainly a cosmetic update. Google realised android is technically on par with competitors, but the experience wasn't consistent and user friendly enough. It was great for us geeks and techies, but the average iPhone user can't manage a microwave let alone a smartphone. So I don't agree it was a pointless update, it just isn't a nessecary update for the sort of people who flash custom roms.

I want that old tv screen fade...it rock!

Guest aLpHa K7

C'mon now... you can't knock the iPhone THAT much. I'll admit it does almost everything very well... minus built-in flash support AAAAAND widgets (then there's the jailbreaking issue that's more difficult with each iteration of iOS) . Nevermind... bash the iPhone, to me it's a wannabe smartphone. I've only kept mine for a choice selection of games and the music player.

Google NEEDS to do something about that *tap tap tap* cursor placement - ugh! The pop-up magnifier on the iPhone was great.

The 2.3 screen fade would definitely be ace on the ginormous Streak screen!

Google NEEDS to do something about that *tap tap tap* cursor placement - ugh! The pop-up magnifier on the iPhone was great.

If you grab the latest version of xscope browser it uses the gingerbread way of text selection, it works a treat,

magnifying glass? Why are there that many bugs in ios :D

Edited by fards

Guest jsm7483
If you grab the latest version of xscope browser it uses the gingerbread way of text selection, it works a treat,

magnifying glass? Why are there that many bugs in ios :D

Moto blur also has a magnifying glass implementation.

Edited by jsm7483

Guest vinokirk
The pop-up magnifier on the iPhone was great.

^^^^The only decent thing about the iphone

the average iPhone user can't manage a microwave let alone a smartphone.

lol brilliant

Edited by vinokirk