[TEARDOWN] P10AN01 aka Advent Vega

Guest behnaam

Guest behnaam

As per request I gave up hope on ever finding a battery replacement for my broken battery, and what did I do with this little bad boy? That's right, I tore it down!

Gallery of pics can be found here

So what did I found out about its internals?

Well here is some findings:

Screen:

Made by: IVO (Infovision Optoeelectronics)

Model #: M101NWT2-R0

Link to manufacturers specification page about the screen: http://www.ivo.com.cn/ensite/pages/solution/details/n1011.jsp

From what I observed it has a 30-pin connector (had a hard time counting those as I didn't my my glasses handy, so I could be slightly wrong)

Replacements that should be compatible:

AUO B101AW03 | Data-sheet - Worse screen

More to come, and hopefully you guys will find some nice stuff too now that you know what screen this tabby has B)

And I know there was not needed to recreate a thread about something that is already discussed in another thread, but I felt like this thread can cover more than just the current internals :D

If you want me to take any specific picture of i.e. some connector or a potential slot for additional hardware, then tell me! :P

Edited by behnaam

Guest amarko5
As per request I gave up hope on ever finding a battery replacement for my broken battery, and what did I do with this little bad boy? That's right, I tore it down!

Gallery of pics can be found here

So what did I found out about it's internals?

Well here is some findings:

Screen:

Made by: IVO (Infovision Optoeelectronics)

Model #: M101NWT2-R0

Link to manufacturers specification page about the screen: http://www.ivo.com.cn/ensite/pages/solution/details/n1011.jsp

More to come, and hopefully you guys will find some nice stuff too now that you know what screen this tabby has B)

And I know there was not needed to recreate a thread about something that is already discussed in another thread, but I felt like this thread can cover more than just the current internals :D

If you want me to take any specific picture of i.e. some connector or a potential slot for additional hardware, then tell me! :P

A higher res camera with macro focus would help as your pics are a bit blurry to say the least.

:P

Guest warriorscot

Good to see. Some of the pics are pretty blurry but they could be worse its a lot better than what they had before.

Big question is: Can you put it back together again especially the LCD as thats probably what most of us would consider replacing. I especially wouldn't mind adding a higher res LCD at a later date. Do you think you could get a clear pic with everything in it and label the parts as to where they go and where they were connected. I think I know what everything is in the pics but would be nice to have a pointer to keep everything orientated.

Guest behnaam
I might be reading the data-sheet wrong for the possible replacement LCD but the viewing angles look just as bad as the stock panel! Bad times :D

True, seems like the screen is really old.

Guest behnaam
Good to see. Some of the pics are pretty blurry but they could be worse its a lot better than what they had before.

Big question is: Can you put it back together again especially the LCD as thats probably what most of us would consider replacing. I especially wouldn't mind adding a higher res LCD at a later date. Do you think you could get a clear pic with everything in it and label the parts as to where they go and where they were connected. I think I know what everything is in the pics but would be nice to have a pointer to keep everything orientated.

I would love to help out with that, the issue is that I have no idea what any of the parts are. Also I haven't been able to seperate the LCD Panel from the housing, seems they glued it on somehow. And I don't want to end up with a broken screen too (I tend to use unnecessary force when things don't go my way haha).