How to retrieve back uninstalled system apps? How to check if DHD is S-off still?

Guest DenisJ

Hi there,

Yesterday I rooted my phone to do a full backup with titanium backup. By now all fine. After backup I uninstalled amazon mp3, Stocks app and widget and soundhound. I tried after that to retrieve back these applications, but it looks like, that Titanium only backed up data of these applications and not apps them self.

Is there a way to get them back, so my original rom will stay as it was (I will only freeze these apps later, if it is possible to get them back somehow).

Also, I did (dunno why :P) S-off and Super-CID with Eazy Radio tool v2.2 (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=857537), but later I realized that I don`t even need this just for simple temproot... Now, how to check if everything is ok and only temproot is active? I am asking that, if anything goes wrong and I need to give my phone to repair, I don`t want to left some footprints that it was rooted + S-off etc....

Keep in mind that this is my first android phone and as I was curious... Now I know that only temproot is enough for full backup :D.

Greetings,

Denis

What I did till now:

I went to settings -> applications -> unchecked Fast boot

Turn off phone

Press and hold VOL Down + power on

There I can see:

ACE PVT SHIP S-ON (that means it is not s-off, but it`s S-ON, right?)

HBOOT-0.85.0007

MICROP-0438

RADIO-26.03.02.26_M

eMMC-boot

Oct 11 2010, 12:47:02

Down I have options:

FASTBOOT (reboot works fine)

RECOVERY (search for files on SD, but I formated SD first day I got it... There were some files before)

FACTORY RESET

Did this, did not retrieve applications from first post)

SIMLOCK (I don`t even want to try this...)

IMAGE CRC (Calculating... please wait)

hboot: 0xAD6DD98

boot: 0x8FA0C456

recovery: 0x915B9FBB

system: 0x4FC0DA98

By that it looks like that I turned S-ON again, could not find any CID informations

- If system info CID is 11111111, your device is SuperCID

source:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...amp;postcount=2

Now it looks like, that I need only apps to retrieve and my DHD is untouched again... or I am wrong?

I am sorry to bumping thread like that, but one more idea I got. Is it possible to get these apps back in this way:

copy apps from /system/app from another phone to my phone in same folder and install them again? I really want to fix that today, do it will be easier to me :D

Guest LoneThread

The easiest way (That I'm aware of) to get the apps back is to re-flash the ROM your phone came with. If its Stock you can use the Stock ROM from here, if its a branded ROM you'll find a rip of the ROM on XDA-Dev.

However, this of course will require full root. However once you update back to 1.72 I believe Visonary's Permroot is set back to normal non-root.

Edited by LoneThread

The easiest way (That I'm aware of) to get the apps back is to re-flash the ROM your phone came with. If its Stock you can use the Stock ROM from here, if its a branded ROM you'll find a rip of the ROM on XDA-Dev.

However, this of course will require full root. However once you update back to 1.72 I believe Visonary's Permroot is set back to normal non-root.

Hi LoneThread and thanks for reply,

However, I belive that my phone is unbranded, as I am able to insert any operator sim in it, also there is no logo on boot of phone. Also what I did not mention is, that my phone is not 1.75 but 1.32 version (I bought it 6th of January, so I missed the update). So what actually I need now?

Sorry for such a noob questions, but I am totally new to android phones...

Guest LoneThread

Yes thats the one. And I'm pretty sure (But not 100%) that lack of Operator Logo when booting means its Unbranded. (Its possible that your operator didn't customize the logo, but in my experience highly unlikely, every network I've ever used has added their logo to boot)

What about this one:

RUU_Ace_HTC_WWE_1.32.405.6_Radio_12.28b.60.140e_26.03.02.26_M_release_155891_sig

ed.exe

From http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=841207

As I understand, HTC Desire HD Sotck ROM with Online Kitchen from Paul is not fully stock ROM or? Can a HTC service recognize that it is a different rom? Even if I removed superuser and unroot it back?