SO... any better? Any owners please read.

Guest ballist1x

Guest ballist1x

This thing looks great. Id love to kick my Orange SF into touch and use one of these.

BUT what i really need is a great internet browser AND i need to be able to download an MKV (ANY MKV) and not have to use my main PC to re encode the file.

Can Tegra2 be powerful enough for me to drag and drop a 720p 3gig MKV file and play 100% fine without ANY slowdown via HDMI on my 40" LCD TV.

Anyone have one or has tested this functionality?

I have a quad core PC with GTX 460 4GB ram etc. However this is in my bedroom and when im in the lounge i dont want to be reliant upon it. Ive since owned a HP DV2 Netbook and other stuff but got rid.

Is this the killer replacement i have been looking for? Touchscreen is not an issue for me.

• 1 month later...
Guest sergiopi
This thing looks great. Id love to kick my Orange SF into touch and use one of these.

BUT what i really need is a great internet browser AND i need to be able to download an MKV (ANY MKV) and not have to use my main PC to re encode the file.

Can Tegra2 be powerful enough for me to drag and drop a 720p 3gig MKV file and play 100% fine without ANY slowdown via HDMI on my 40" LCD TV.

Anyone have one or has tested this functionality?

I have a quad core PC with GTX 460 4GB ram etc. However this is in my bedroom and when im in the lounge i dont want to be reliant upon it. Ive since owned a HP DV2 Netbook and other stuff but got rid.

Is this the killer replacement i have been looking for? Touchscreen is not an issue for me.

The answer is simple, NO. I tested it both with toshiba player, no audio, and rockplayer, 10 FPS ......