OSF to TV? TVout

Guest Cloudmaster

Guest Cloudmaster

Hi, I have cable CA-75U from my old Nokia 5800. I wish i can connect my OSF with this calbe to TV and then watch pictures or video on my TV. Is it possible?

dix_PhoneCable0002.jpg

Edited by Cloudmaster

Guest fonix232

Nope, it is not possible.

The 5800's output was designed to send screen image too, while the standard Android jack output is for sound only.

BUT, with the USB host kernels, and a proper USB hub, you can easily push the signal to your TV.

Guest Matty-p

The 5800's output was designed to send screen image too, while the standard Android jack output is for sound only.

BUT, with the USB host kernels, and a proper USB hub, you can easily push the signal to your TV.

+1

op buy a google tv or htpc with the sdk on is really the only thing atm

Guest Swimmerboy

Does it not also need the correct hardware or chip in the phone? I seem to recall a similar post in XDA-Developers on the G1 many moons ago - don't think anything came from it.

Guest fonix232
Does it not also need the correct hardware or chip in the phone? I seem to recall a similar post in XDA-Developers on the G1 many moons ago - don't think anything came from it.

Well, something like that. The phone's jack output must be connected to an image processing unit, and the chip must direct image through the jack connection when called to have image output.

The best you can get from such a cable (I have one too, already tried) is sound output for a stereo device or something like that).

Guest Swimmerboy

Ah, no - I was meaning that some devices now do video-out via the usb connector. Unfortunately it's not something that can be emulated in software (well, not without a large grant and a team of researchers!) and has to have the chip performing the functions.

Guest oh!dougal
Ah, no - I was meaning that some devices now do video-out via the usb connector. Unfortunately it's not something that can be emulated in software (well, not without a large grant and a team of researchers!) and has to have the chip performing the functions.

Sven has done usb host mode on his Blade.

So the Blade could route video to usb data.

On his website he gives a bunch of details, and for more details and a video, see his N1 page.

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad.../usb-host-mode/

This is something waiting to be picked up by a rom Dev ...

Guest fonix232
Sven has done usb host mode on his Blade.

So the Blade could route video to usb data.

On his website he gives a bunch of details, and for more details and a video, see his N1 page.

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad.../usb-host-mode/

This is something waiting to be picked up by a rom Dev ...

I've already told kallt some times, but looks like he don't want to include it :S