FLB-Froyo ROM R6 - SOLUTIONS Centre

Guest pellonet

Guest Hpman48

Does anyone knows if Pauls r11 (-Further WiFi updates / fixes) makes sense for this rom. I already applied the recommended one but wifi isn't perfect as expected.

Thx Hpman48

Guest NickNuke33

Well bad news for me, after using the wifi supplicant on the non fixed version everything was fine except for numbers in dialer instead of contact names.

Now after flashing the fixed version, wifi keeps going to authenticate then disabled then scanning, and just repeats itself, never connecting.

Why the hek have I got this issue with the fixed one and no one else, I think I will just go back to non fixed rom.

It would be great if there was an md5 sum for the fixed version, cause I might have a corrupted download. ;)

Edited by NickNuke33

Guest NickNuke33

^^^update downloaded rom again from file factory, and wifi took a while to connect but seems fine for now. Hope it stays like that,

will test it by putting phone to sleep and leaving wifi on. ;)

Guest Drakedian
ROM doesn't include the ZTE dialler so you don't have access to the codes (and *ZTE*OPENEM# only applies to the ROMs using the Japanese dialler, not all Froyo ROMs).

So there is no way at all to access the factory-testing screen?

Guest hankmoody

Hi! I'm on danz0l's release.

Wifi seems to work ok for me now, but contacts names display issue wasn't fixed till I copied ContactsProvided.apk again.

However I have a problem: stock Messaging app always crashes. I tried everything: wipe data, remove all sms, etc.

Even if it hasn't any data it still force closes. ;)

I thought about replacing it with another 2.2.1 version of MMS.apk , just in case it is corrupted or something, but I can't find one.

Any ideas? :)

Guest Stevvie
Hi! I'm on danz0l's release.

Wifi seems to work ok for me now, but contacts names display issue wasn't fixed till I copied ContactsProvided.apk again.

However I have a problem: stock Messaging app always crashes. I tried everything: wipe data, remove all sms, etc.

Even if it hasn't any data it still force closes. ;)

I thought about replacing it with another 2.2.1 version of MMS.apk , just in case it is corrupted or something, but I can't find one.

Any ideas? :)

I had a few things always crashing after installing the contacksprovider.apk before, I fixed it by selecting fix permisions from the clockwork mod. Not sure if that will help you.

Guest hankmoody
I had a few things always crashing after installing the contacksprovider.apk before, I fixed it by selecting fix permisions from the clockwork mod. Not sure if that will help you.

Thanks.

Nah, it didn't work.

After doing this and rebooting I am now shown an error of 'the process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. please try again.' EVERY time somebody calls.

Any help on this ?

I also tried the ContactsProvider.apk but that didn't fix the error or show the name of whos calling.

thanks

I had the same issue: android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly.

I resolved it by using the following commands:

Connect usb to phone and make certain your computer detects the drivers correctly.

Go to command line on your pc and type in the adb folder:

adb shell

cd data

cd data

cd com.android.providers.contacts

cd databases

chown app_0.app_0 contacts2.db

chmod 660 contacts2.db

Then reboot your phone and this solved the issue for me.

Guest fventura

I said above...

I'm working with the first flibblesan's R6 plus the fixes on the fist post here.

Made the flash of the R6 with this instructions (manually, ClockworkMod 2.5.x): here

Downloaded the fix version of R6 (danz0l): http://www.multiupload.com/7NVY2W2XTB

Extracted from there the contacts.apk and contactprovider.apk;

Installed both from sd-card with AndroZIP;

Installed also de Call Log app from 1st post;

Made the update with ClockworkMod of the Wifi Fix from 1st post (downloaded, changed name to update.zip and ClockworkMod on it);

And it's seems working well:

Call with names and pictures, wifi always turn on with screen ON (even if I change wifi place). GPS ok, Bluetooth too, apps install/moved perfectely on sd-card,...

Quadrant benchmark: 425

One thing: I don't know if my device as a TFT or a AMOLED screen. How to know it (without the ZTE stock dialer)?

Thanks.

Guest hankmoody
I'm getting force closes on the messaging app when I hit the back button to leave it. Anyone else? Any solutions?

I have the same issue here. Let's hope someone knows how to deal with it.

Guest m_w_clarke
I have the same issue here. Let's hope someone knows how to deal with it.

Yup, same here. But I fixed it by clearing cache and data in clockwork.

The problem occured, I believe with me anyway, because I restored my apps/data AND system with titanium. If I just did apps and data then all was fine - except I lost my old text messages.

What I ended up doing is restoring EVERYTHING. Then going to the market. downloading SMS Backup +. Using that to backup my messages. Then wiping the cache/data again in clockwork. Then restoring ONLY the apps/data with titanium and using the SMS Backup + to restore my sms messages.

No hassles since.

Guest hankmoody
Yup, same here. But I fixed it by clearing cache and data in clockwork.

The problem occured, I believe with me anyway, because I restored my apps/data AND system with titanium. If I just did apps and data then all was fine - except I lost my old text messages.

What I ended up doing is restoring EVERYTHING. Then going to the market. downloading SMS Backup +. Using that to backup my messages. Then wiping the cache/data again in clockwork. Then restoring ONLY the apps/data with titanium and using the SMS Backup + to restore my sms messages.

No hassles since.

I thought that was the problem so I wiped EVERYTHING and installed the update again. Before restoring anything - didn't even set up the google account - I opened messaging app, wrote an sms and then clicked back button to quit. there's where it force closes. Wiping cache/data doesn't work for me.

Am I the only one? Could someone try wiping and see what happens?

Guest DrEzkimo

I am getting a problem with video saying "sorry, this video cannot be played". this is on m.catchup.tv and also m.youtube.com both of these worked well in 2.1 any ideas?

Guest totalcmdext

I have installed the flb-froyo-blade-r6-Fixed.zip with Md5 #7c297afe1c999454103a4eb67798972c and i have problem with the WiFi enabling.

So, did you include all the fixes in the flb-froyo-blade-r6-Fixed.zip?

Something else is it possible to upload the Greek Language for the keyboard?

Guest totalcmdext
I've been having a problem ever since I've installed R6 (from MCR - not sure which version): my wifi no longer works.

TiDKM.png

t72gi.png

Logcat: http://codepad.org/ZCsLZuyF

Log at the bottom of ddms (is it useful for this?): http://codepad.org/Mf75ZvLg

I have the same problem with the WiFi it is give me an error.

I have installed the fixed version.

Any solution because it is make this rom un-usable......

Guest mikthe20
So there is no way at all to access the factory-testing screen?

Anyone got any ideas on doing this? I'm desperate to recalbrate the proximity sensor as it's preventing my screen from coming back on after a call. I know fibblesan released flb_testmode.zip for R5 which installs the ZTE engineering screns but not for R6 (tried it, it doesn't work). Don't really want to try a different ROM as this one is excellent.