[APP] Recovery Manager v0.36 [BETA]

Guest Sebastian404

Guest plegdroid

I'm hardly offended by the questions you asked.

:-)

Anyway, the CWM I tried to put on my mobile was Gen2.

Also, Rom Manager said it installed CWM and identified it, but the phone still managed to freeze on the Green Android icon.

I finally managed to resolve the issue by using Fastboot (I had an issue with the drivers though since I had to use 2 different sets - but in the end, I got it to work).

I now have CWM 4.0.0.5 on my blade.

I should have placed the latest one, but this one is just as good for now.

I think I will stick with the Fastboot method for now. For some reason, the Recovery and ROM Managers didn't work on my blade (granted, I hadn't tried to use ROM Manager after the ordeal, but I may later on for testing purposes).

:-)

just glad you got it sorted :)

• 1 month later...
Guest blackjack13

i installed the recovery and after i reboot it stuck on android logo. doesn't ender recovery. why?

my zte v9 has original rom 2.1 and this is the first time to install recovery to this device.

at the recovery manager says currently installed recovery v4.0.1.5

thanks

Edited by blackjack13

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the post.

When I click "Install recovery", after a while (2-3 seconds), a window pops up, saying "/sdcard/xxxx.img", but the only option I have below that is "Cancel" rather than "OK"

Any ideas why?

Thanks.

Guest cartierv

What is this app actually for ? It's for flashing the phone with a new ROM ? Backing up the existing one ? Or something else ?

It's like Clockwork that runs normally on the phone ?

Guest Andy58

What is this app actually for ? It's for flashing the phone with a new ROM ? Backing up the existing one ? Or something else ?

It's like Clockwork that runs normally on the phone ?

See the first line of the first post!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Pinguy

This is awesome, thanks for making it :)

Also this does work with other devices. I use this on a Acer Liquid Mt and it works really well.

• 2 months later...
Guest gianni76

Hello there,

I am on a Gen 2 ZTE V9 Light.

I installed the 0.37b version of this app recovery manager and I installed the latest available recovery for gen 2 i.e. 4.0.1.5.

When I attempt to Backup Curretn Firmware (in the tab firmware) it tells me:

Error

Sorry currently only ClockworkMod Recovery is supported for backing up your Firmware!

What does it mean? How do I use this software to backup my current firmware before installing anything else???

Guest plegdroid
Hello there,

I am on a Gen 2 ZTE V9 Light.

I installed the 0.37b version of this app recovery manager and I installed the latest available recovery for gen 2 i.e. 4.0.1.5.

When I attempt to Backup Curretn Firmware (in the tab firmware) it tells me:

Error

Sorry currently only ClockworkMod Recovery is supported for backing up your Firmware!

What does it mean? How do I use this software to backup my current firmware before installing anything else???

turn phone off, then holding volume - (down) press and hold power button, this will boot you into cwm recovery, in cwm, vol + for page up and vol - for page down

call /rocker to select, call end / back, for back. :)

• 9 months later...
Guest SoonDead

My phone is a ZTE Blade which was windows-updated to [GEN2]. I have installed recovery manager 0.37b, downloaded recovery-clockwork-4.0.1.5-blade-gen2.img and selected it for install recovery in recovery manager.

Now recovery manager says "Currently installed Recovery: Unrecognised"

I can boot into CWM just fine, I have just made a complete backup from CWM.

Is this a problem? Can it foreshadow any trouble?

Edited by SoonDead