Sebastian404

Sebastian404

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts
  • Devices:lots of them
  • Twitter:@sebastian404

Great App. Could you recognize Paul's Froyo images? ;)

I've got Paul's image on my device and a self compiled AmonRa-Recovery (built from your sources). Both aren't recognized. Could you add some way to add those things on my own or do you really plan on having to support every firmware available? :)

The firmware will come, when I get around to it... but can I just ask why your running your own build of RA-Recovery? and have you considered putting it out for others to use?

css771

css771

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco/ZTE Blade
Great work seb. Will be keeping a close watch on this thread. Your app should be a great alternative to rom manager for our blades.

TheDOC1

TheDOC1

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco

The firmware will come, when I get around to it... but can I just ask why your running your own build of RA-Recovery? and have you considered putting it out for others to use?

I was faster adding ext4 support. ;) Otherwise I think it's identical to your version (and I think, I've posted it into the RA-Recovery thread already UPDATE: No, just my version with kallt_kaffe's kernel is up. But since it just doesn't have any improvements with my kernel in it, I don't see any use in uploading my build).

But it was more a general question. How do you detect different image versions and recoveries? Using md5sums over the partition? Looking for particular files? In my oppinion it would be a great improvement, if we could configure our own image- and recovery-detection mechanism with your recovery manager. We all saw where this leads to with the ROM manager app not supporting the blade at all (and no way to fix it except asking the author).

Just my ideas about it. And please don't take me wrong, I really appreciate your great work here in the forum. :)

Edited by TheDOC1, 17 January 2011 - 04:28 PM.

Xenon0816

Xenon0816

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • Devices:HTC Blackstone, OSF
I lol'd at your FAQ ;)
Nice work seb! Will test it now...

StevenHarperUK

StevenHarperUK

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

I had planned on adding the md5 checking to the download option, but when your installing from an an SDcard it just uses whatever it finds...

Maybe you could offer the user to see the generated md5 - so they can compare it the one on a webpage etc...

Sebastian404

Sebastian404

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts

Maybe you could offer the user to see the generated md5 - so they can compare it the one on a webpage etc...

I was actually thinking about your other idea.. of checking for a an .md5 file and checking it when it tried to install... but yeah I could do both... add it to the list

StevenHarperUK

StevenHarperUK

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts
The new/updated Guide here is now based (for new users) on this APP, well done Sebastian.

Edit: Looks like I may beat you to 1,000 posts ;)

Sebastian404

Sebastian404

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts
I've also just updated the recovery and firmware database, so you guys might want to give the On-line check a go...

Thanks to Mr Harpers Efforts I've added more of the Jellyfish Firmware, so it should be detected..

I've spent a while finding and downloading 3rd party Firmware, so hopefully expect another update tomorrow...

StevenHarperUK

StevenHarperUK

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

I've also just updated the recovery and firmware database, so you guys might want to give the On-line check a go...

Thanks to Mr Harpers Efforts I've added more of the Jellyfish Firmware, so it should be detected..

I've spent a while finding and downloading 3rd party Firmware, so hopefully expect another update tomorrow...

Just to clarify - in the Firmware TAB , click Check For Firmware Updates

This downloads the latest list - then you should see any new detections

BTW Jellyfish RLS7_hw_ui works perfectly

Sebastian404

Sebastian404

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts

Just to clarify - in the Firmware TAB , click Check For Firmware Updates

This downloads the latest list - then you should see any new detections

BTW Jellyfish RLS7_hw_ui works perfectly

and in the Recovery TAB too... there's a new version of RA-Recovery fresh off the press...

StevenHarperUK

StevenHarperUK

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

and in the Recovery TAB too... there's a new version of RA-Recovery fresh off the press...

Are the functions from within this app - being passed into RA and getting done - like install ROM, Backup etc?

Sebastian404

Sebastian404

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts

Are the functions from within this app - being passed into RA and getting done - like install ROM, Backup etc?

I was hoping that 2.2.1 would open that up, but unfortunately not

I could hack some of that into RA_recovery.. but then it would not be RA_recovery any-more...

I am in my 'spare' spare time working on my own recovery... but that's really low down the list... probably be months before that's done...

Edited by Sebastian404, 18 January 2011 - 02:22 AM.

beggin

beggin

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
Thank you so much for this. Finally we can eliminate the USB trouble with fastboot!

edit: One suggestion. How about a feature to verify or view the md5 for the recovery image?

Edited by beggin, 18 January 2011 - 03:33 AM.

buneech

buneech

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade, SE Xperia Mini
  • Twitter:@buneech

• My Currently Installed recovery is not recognized

This could be because you are using an older version, it was flashed to the recovery partition incorrectly, download the most recent version and install it.

Yesterday i tried Recovery Manager with your build of clockwork mod 2.5.1.8, today i switched to RA Recovery 2.2.1, and neither got recognised on my phone.
I use KK's JapJelly RLS7, and have an OLED UK Blade.

Edited by buneech, 18 January 2011 - 11:01 AM.

Posted Image

Monstrum

Monstrum

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Well, this is a combination of my annoyance at seeing people having problems installing ClockworkMod Recovery, and a strange desire to write an Android Application....

It's been 10 LONG years since I last did any JAVA and while bits of it have come flooding back (mostly the pain,suffering and late nights at university trying to get Elevators to go up and down on screen)... I sort of enjoyed the whole process... yes I am CRAZY

I've tested it to death as much as I can, but I'm sure you guys can find lots more problems with it...

It is an open Beta, so I'm open to your comments/complaints/compliments....

I would like to expand on this to encompass more things.. I've build the framework so it will one day support other devices than the ZTE Blade... and who knows where we might end up.....

This is a BETA, so I expect lots of problems... so in the words of my C++ Lecturer... go on, screw this up then...

Hi i tried Recovery Manager with your build of clockwork mod 2.5.1.8 and it hangs at the install recovery popup. How long does it usually take to install?

vareBlade

vareBlade

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Devices:ZTE-Blade
  • Twitter:@varemenos
Its probably cause its not implemented yet. This is a beta so things like that might happen

Btw seb, i think it could be a great idea to implement a "themes" tab in there so we can get a better themes support. (yes when im done with my exams i will most probably make 2-3 themes xD)
(And depending on your firmware it will show which themes are available for download)

Frankish where are you man, i need your back for this ;)

Edited by vareBlade, 18 January 2011 - 02:25 PM.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Varemenos.com | AKLP.gr
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sebastian404

Sebastian404

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts

Yesterday i tried Recovery Manager with your build of clockwork mod 2.5.1.8, today i switched to RA Recovery 2.2.1, and neither got recognised on my phone.
I use KK's JapJelly RLS7, and have an OLED UK Blade.

Have you done the update thing to get the latest updates?

Did you flash clockwork using fastboot or ZRM? if you use fastboot it does not fully flash the recovery image that will cause it to be unreconized by the application... try installing it from within the application

Sebastian404

Sebastian404

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts

Hi i tried Recovery Manager with your build of clockwork mod 2.5.1.8 and it hangs at the install recovery popup. How long does it usually take to install?

It only takes about 5-10 seconds... if your still having problems try restarting your device, unfortunatly SuperUser can be a bit flakey at times

leetron1

leetron1

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • Devices:Ascend Y300 (Orange Blade)
Hi Seb..on JJ RLS7 & Clockwork 2.5.1.8..doesn't recognize recovery but if I update rec says no updates for my currently installed rec!

Also doesn't recognize ROM..when I check for ROM update says current recovery has no update available...

Just teething troubles I'm sure..thought you'd appreciate some feedback.

Edited by leetron1, 18 January 2011 - 05:52 PM.

fonix232

fonix232

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade [TFT 512RAM]
  • Twitter:@fonix232
Seb, if you want me, I can help you with the coding, etc. I don't see why you need Python (all can be done in Java and a little shell scripting to reboot into recovery and auto-install the stuff) and I can provide you with space and unlimited bandwidth (and ofcourse with a personal FTP access).

If you like my work, invite me for a drink or two!

Also, take a look at my Blade-dedicated site too! fonix232.co.cc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users