[APP] Recovery Manager v0.36 [BETA]

Guest Sebastian404

Guest StevenHarperUK
Still wont recognise my JJ RLS7 or 2.5.1.8>>

Thanks though are very much in order

Have you clicked the Check for Firmware Updates in the Firmware tab?

It will download the latest list that Sebastian has published (over internet)

Guest leetron1
Have you clicked the Check for Firmware Updates in the Firmware tab?

It will download the latest list that Sebastian has published (over internet)

Just get 'there is nothing to update'...sorry, would LOVE it to be working for me

Guest leetron1
Have you edited your /system/build.prop ?

I have yeah..didnt think of that..altered vm heap & screen density to 230..guess that alters md5 sum when checked?

Reinstalled 2.5.1.8 so now thats recognised

EDIT Its now accessing my nan backups on SD when I hit Restore Prev... so making some progress..great stuff!!

Guess best way to go is to put RLS8 onto SD then allow RM to Install Firmware..should all work a treat from there now Clockwork has been recognised?

Edited by leetron1

This is brilliant Sebastian! I've been fannying around for weeks trying to pluck up the courage to get a new ROM in. I've now got Clockwork installed without having to open Terminal once! Thanks very much.

Hey Sebastian,

I just wanted to thank you very very much for your great work. This app looks really promising - I am totally new to this modaco and the ZTE Blade aka OSF but I am already amazed by this forum and community.

Gonna try this soon when I switch from my JJ RO.. ehrm firmware to the next one to test out which one is the best ;)

And I loved your FAQ.

Thank you,

tony

Guest vareBlade

Ok, i've installed the .26b now and placed the clockworks 2.5.1.8 in the sd card and the installation of recovery was successful. (though it still calls it "Unrecognized recovery").

By the way, why doesnt the firmware tab work for stock roms?

Guest dbeckett

Still having problems on Modaco R4 2.1

Cleared the programs cache, uninstalled it, unrooted device with androot, re-rooted device with androot, installed new version, get superuser permission, click allow, force closes

Tried logcat,hope this is right

On first entry(with superuser permission dialogue box)

C:\Users\David>adb logcat RecoveryManager:* *:s

D/RecoveryManager( 2939): extract_internal_file: called

D/RecoveryManager( 2939): extract_internal_file: raw/recovery_tool

D/RecoveryManager( 2939): extract_internal_file: /data/data/com.podtwo.RecoveryManager

D/RecoveryManager( 2939): extract_internal_file: 493

D/RecoveryManager( 2939): extract_internal_file: IOException Error: java.io.IOException: Error running exec(). Commands: [/system/bin/chmod, 0755, /data/data/com.podtwo.RecoveryManager/recovery_tool] Working Directory: null Environment: null

D/RecoveryManager( 2939): extract_internal_file: xml/device.xml

D/RecoveryManager( 2939): extract_internal_file: /data/data/com.podtwo.RecoveryManager/cache

D/RecoveryManager( 2939): extract_internal_file: 448

D/RecoveryManager( 2939): extract_internal_file: IOException Error: java.io.IOException: Error running exec(). Commands: [/system/bin/chmod, 0700, /data/data/com.podtwo.RecoveryManager/cache/device.xml] Working Directory: null Environment:null

D/RecoveryManager( 2939): extract_internal_file: xml/recovery.xml

D/RecoveryManager( 2939): extract_internal_file: /data/data/com.podtwo.RecoveryManager/cache

D/RecoveryManager( 2939): extract_internal_file: IOException Error: java.io.IOException: Error running exec(). Commands: [/system/bin/chmod, 0700, /data/data/com.podtwo.RecoveryManager/cache/recovery.xml] Working Directory: null Environment: null

D/RecoveryManager( 2939): extract_internal_file: xml/firmware.xml

D/RecoveryManager( 2939): extract_internal_file: IOException Error: java.io.IOException: Error running exec(). Commands: [/system/bin/chmod, 0700, /data/data/com.podtwo.RecoveryManager/cache/firmware.xml] Working Directory: null Environment: null

D/RecoveryManager( 2939): extract_internal_file: xml/theme.xml

D/RecoveryManager( 2939): extract_internal_file: IOException Error: java.io.IOException: Error running exec(). Commands: [/system/bin/chmod, 0700, /data/data/com.podtwo.RecoveryManager/cache/theme.xml] Working Directory: null Environment: null

D/RecoveryManager( 2939): update_database: called

D/RecoveryManager( 2939): recovery_set_current: called

D/RecoveryManager( 2939): recovery_md5: called

D/RecoveryManager( 2939): recovery_md5: returning null

On second entry

C:\Users\David>adb logcat RecoveryManager:* *:s

D/RecoveryManager( 3204): extract_internal_file: called

D/RecoveryManager( 3204): extract_internal_file: raw/recovery_tool

D/RecoveryManager( 3204): extract_internal_file: /data/data/com.podtwo.RecoveryManager

D/RecoveryManager( 3204): extract_internal_file: 493

D/RecoveryManager( 3204): extract_internal_file: File exists or newer

D/RecoveryManager( 3204): extract_internal_file: xml/device.xml

D/RecoveryManager( 3204): extract_internal_file: /data/data/com.podtwo.RecoveryManager/cache

D/RecoveryManager( 3204): extract_internal_file: 448

D/RecoveryManager( 3204): extract_internal_file: xml/recovery.xml

D/RecoveryManager( 3204): extract_internal_file: /data/data/com.podtwo.RecoveryManager/cache

D/RecoveryManager( 3204): extract_internal_file: xml/firmware.xml

D/RecoveryManager( 3204): extract_internal_file: xml/theme.xml

D/RecoveryManager( 3204): update_database: called

D/RecoveryManager( 3204): recovery_set_current: called

D/RecoveryManager( 3204): recovery_md5: called

D/RecoveryManager( 3204): recovery_md5: returning null

Edit- Might be r/w permissions?

Edited by dbeckett

Guest Sebastian404
Ok, i've installed the .26b now and placed the clockworks 2.5.1.8 in the sd card and the installation of recovery was successful. (though it still calls it "Unrecognized recovery").

I noticed your not using a UK Blade... so I have couple of questions that might help us out..

Where did you get your device?

Have you used any of the TPT updates to resize your partitions?

do you know what size you recovery partition is?

To answer the last question you might need to look at your /proc/mtd file...

Guest Sebastian404
Still having problems on Modaco R4 2.1

Cleared the programs cache, uninstalled it, unrooted device with androot, re-rooted device with androot, installed new version, get superuser permission, click allow, force closes

Tried logcat,hope this is right

On first entry(with superuser permission dialogue box)

On second entry

Edit- Might be r/w permissions?

Interesting, it looks like its not managed to SU correctly... tho I'd expected it to actually fail to even get as far as that before it fell over....

I'll download Modaco R4 and give it a go on my device, see if I cant replicate that and get to the bottom of it...

Guest vareBlade
I noticed your not using a UK Blade... so I have couple of questions that might help us out..

Where did you get your device?

Have you used any of the TPT updates to resize your partitions?

do you know what size you recovery partition is?

To answer the last question you might need to look at your /proc/mtd file...

Hmmm, well i bought my device from Wind in Greece. Its a TFT 256mb one which i then used the hungarian-512-fix to get it to 512mb.

Except that time i switched it to 512 i never again used TPT. (idk, i never needed to).

dev:		 size			erasesize	   name

mtd0:		00480000		00020000		"recovery"

Guest gameSTICKER

By the way, why doesnt the firmware tab work for stock roms?

Unrecognised Recovery [solved]

I had the same issue. The I went to http://android.podtwo.com/recovery/ as directed in second post and downloaded and installed recovery-clockwork-blade-2.5.1.8.img and it was recognized. Earlier I had dowloaded and installed my recovery from http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...overy-oled-tft/

Just out of curiosity, I compared the MD5s of both recoveries and they were different, so maybe the one in http://android.podtwo.com/recovery/ is a recent binary and hence it is recognized and not the old one available in http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...overy-oled-tft/

EDIT

Seb seems to have updated the recovery image at http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...overy-oled-tft/ too, so its only an issue for ppl who've got an earlier version of 2.5.1.8 (I have old version of 2.1.5.8 downloaded from the thread, and I swear its MD5s are different ;) )

Edited by gameSTICKER

Guest gameSTICKER

Hey Seb, just installed 0.26b, tried installing a couple of updates and all working fine. A few suggestions:

1. Under Firmware tab, Install Firmware and Install Firmware Update seems redundant. They can be replaced by any one of follows
    • Two seperate entries "Install Firmware" and "Install Firmware Addons/Updates" just like now, but "Install Firmware" displays zips >50mb and "Install Firmware Addons/Update" displays zips <50mb
    • A single entry "Install Firmware", on click displays list of ZIPs just like now, on select asks you to "wipe data/settings". User can select to wipe for firmware installs or can leave it unchecked for addon installation

[*]Maybe the unimplemented entries can be disabled/greyed-out for now

Guest Sebastian404
Hmmm, well i bought my device from Wind in Greece. Its a TFT 256mb one which i then used the hungarian-512-fix to get it to 512mb.

Except that time i switched it to 512 i never again used TPT. (idk, i never needed to).

dev:		 size			erasesize	   name
mtd0: 00480000 00020000 "recovery"[/code]

hmm, no thats right, I was wondering if maybe your recovery image was a different size... OK, can you run the logcat command and see what its saying?

Oh which ROM are you using?

Hey, I posted message in other topic, but might be best in here. I'm having same problems as other ppl with modaco 2.1, crashing everytime. Hope theres a solution, as it sounds like a great program. Thanks!

Guest vareBlade

GameSticker's guide worked for me, now its recognizing it.

Btw, my rom is the Wind stock 2.1 rom

Wind (Greece): ZTE Blade

WIND_P729BV1.0.0B02

CODE

ro.build.version.release=2.1-update1

ro.build.date=Mon Oct 25 16:44:45 CST 2010

ro.build.sw_internal_version=WIND_P729BV1.0.0B05

ro.build.display.id=ZTE_P729BV1.0.0B02

ro.com.google.gmsversion=2.1_r11

Also, i never tried logcat, so im not sure how to use it

0.26b says "Unrecognised" on firmware and recovery.

Finnish Blade with JJ8.

GameSticker's guide worked for me, now its recognizing it.

Okay.

That seems to do the work, recovery is now recognized.

Somehow i had "old" 2.5.1.8 or something?

Guest Sebastian404
Hey, I posted message in other topic, but might be best in here. I'm having same problems as other ppl with modaco 2.1, crashing everytime. Hope theres a solution, as it sounds like a great program. Thanks!

I found the problem with the modaco rom, and I've got a fix for it, but Im not having much time to do that much, probably be an update at the weekend