Stuck with a old rom.

Guest nuqe

Greetings!

Don't know where to start really, I suppose you could say I know too much about the internet and too little about messing around with my phone. My problem is this: I installed a MoDaCo rom ages (probably 6 months ago) and then I kinda forgot about it. I cannot tell you exactly what I did but it involved flashrec and a goldcard. Lately my phone has been acting up and I heard HTC released a update so I figured I'd update my phone all together. My problem now is that I can't get into recovery (because of the pSPL thing I suppose?) and my phones is acting weirder than ever. I was wondering if there is any way I can 1. reset the phone to out-of-the-box settings (I'm doubting this is possible seeing as i flashed the original recovery image) or 2. update the phone to the latest MoDaCo rom. I have already tried factory reset but that only takes me back to the old MoDaCo rom ( MoDaCo custom rom 3.2 core, acording to HTCSync)

tl;dr: can't get into recovery mode, what to do.

Thanks.

Edited by nuqe

Guest ptruman

Google for "rage against the cage" (maybe without spaces). It manages to root most Android phones, but you may have to read the small print if the SPL has re-introduced the goldcard requirement.