Vega or not

Guest perz750

Guest perz750

Hi all. Total newbie here looking for some information.

I have just purchased what I belived was a Vega but its apparantly a Xvision P10AN01. has the same spec etc as the vega.

What I am trying to find out is if its possible to flash to Pauls r6 rom etc.

Any help appreciated.

Guest perz750

apologies for incorrect terms

so all i need to do is apply 1.06.5 from adventvega then Pauls add-0n and performance pack.

As mine is not exactly an advent vega but an xvision, applying 1.06.5 shouldnt cause problems??

Guest warriorscot

They should all be the same hardware wise if they are P10AN01 even the AN02 version should works as well. The only problem might be a variation in the wireless chipset used if its different it would mean no wireless however it should be the same and if it doesn't work you can always revert back to the stock.

Guest diveboy2

I have just purchased what I belived was a Vega but its apparantly a Xvision P10AN01.

Where did you get this from I can't seem to find one?

Guest diveboy2

I have just purchased what I belived was a Vega but its apparantly a Xvision P10AN01.

Where did you get this from I can't seem to find one?

Guest Mr E Mann

I've just ordered a P10AN01 from ebay (search for Advent Vega)... the seller marked it as despatched today... so hopefully will arrive soon ;)

Hopefully it's the same thing... will find out soon I guess! (what's the easiest way to be sure, before I am left with a paperweight from flashing?)

(is it just me that reads the model number as "piano"?)

Guest perz750

Really liked the look of the vega but none in stores so Ebay it was. Been trawling the auction for 2 wees but they have been selling at silly money 280-300

When these come up looked to good to miss. No SD card included but I have a 8gb in an camera so i'll use that. bought the P10AN01 and the docking station, should be here tomorrow. They have a vid on their auction and about 16 in stock.

Really liked the look of the vega but none in stores so Ebay it was. Been trawling the auction for 2 wees but they have been selling at silly money 280-300

When these come up looked to good to miss. No SD card included but I have a 8gb in an camera so i'll use that. bought the P10AN01 and the docking station, should be here tomorrow. They have a vid on their auction and about 16 in stock.

You have a MicroSD card in a camera?

Guest Mr E Mann

Aha... that was the one that sold on Sunday night then when I was looking at the one without the dock ;)

Has arrived here today... boots up ok... didn't come with a USB lead... did come with a non-uk plug on the PSU as advertised (fortunately I have two adaptors that together fit it!)

Off to Maplins to get a USB lead to plug it in and see if it copes with the Vega stuffs :)

Just for the record it comes with Kernel 2.6.32.9_P10_v1.06_20101122.174855 test-keys ...if that means anything to anyone :D

Guest Mr E Mann

ok... update so far... quick dash to Kettering Maplins and I now have (for less than £15) a USB lead (you need type A to type A), and a shaver adapter to plug the strange two-prong plug into

Flashed with Advent update - all working fine (slight rubbish spot at the bottom right hand corner when using the keyboard... seems to select another key instead... so will try the screen calibration app shortly)

Now to add the Custom ROM and we're smoking

...so in summary... if you're getting one of these off ebay, get yourself an A USB to A USB connector, a travel adaptor, and enjoy the ride

I'll be back after the break... when the custom ROM is on there

Guest Mr E Mann

Pack installed... running perfectly it seems ;)

Gonna give it a blast now and see what this beasty can do :)

Thanks to everyone for their guides in here... made it a sweet upgrade/mod

Noticed there is an option for it to come with the dock on ebay, did you order that option?

If so does it work with the Vega ROM and any photos?

Edited by remlap

Guest Mr E Mann

There is the option for the dock... as this will mainly be in a case I didn't see the point in spending the extra £20 on a dock for it (and my desk is cluttered enough as it is without extra stuff to drive the mrs potty!)

...but I think they're all the same tablet anyway, so should be fine with the Vega ROM (well the £250 one is!)

Edited by Mr E Mann

Guest perz750

They only have 10 left and as many offers pending. give them an email if you want one with a dock and ask them how much, you may be surprised. thats what I did anyway and got a good deal. Nice people to do business with as well.

They do have more on way but wont be available to mid Feb.

Guest perz750

Well its just turned up. Have not had much of a chance to look as it needs charging . From aps that are on it looks as if its the shuttle version. Iplayer, utube etc work fine. Dock is nice, charges ok and can use pad while charging without problems will test usb later

Guest thelondon

Also bought one of these of Ebay Uk. Bit cheeky as it's advertised as Advent vega when it's actually a P10AN01.

It's identicle to the Vega but with silver frame (which looks better IMHO)

It dosn't come with type A-A USB lead so a trip to Maplins is required about £8 and you need a 2 pin shaver adapter.

If you look at the adapter the 2 pin part comes off, a friend of mine has the Vega and he's got the same adapter but with a 3 pin head.

As shown here: http://www.diytrade.com/china/4/products/7...er_adapter.html

you can buy these heads but the minimum order seems to be 5000. I'm off to Hong Kong on Sunday so will look out for these and if i see them will bring a bunch back. Just reply here if you are interested.

Given that you can't charge the unit from USB having an adapter as well as a power supply to carry round is a real pain.

Can't remember what exact OS was on it (it was Android 2.2) and some extra bits. It came with something called 3D launcher, which i found to be the worst/useless piece of software ever made. (Couldn't even add a short cut to the desk top, but you did get a clock widget for the time in Shanghai)

That soon went though and the Advent rom was put on..added the Modaco pack (great work guys) and all was good.

I'm new to romming stuff but found this link was a life saver: http://www.adventvega.net/#/unlock-modify-...reak/4546655167

Only bit it didn't say was that in order for the windows PC to detect USB connection for romming you need to:

Hold Back Button (2 secs)

Keeping back button pressed now hold Power (both for 2 secs)

Let go of Power (so just back button for further 2 secs)

Once i did this the PC detected it immediately. and the romming was a piece of cake.

In general its a good bit of kit. Android is a bit clunky at times (seems like you need to press buttons twice and the g sensor is a bit sensative) but hoping updates and/or Android 2.3 will iron these out.

The screen viewing angle is not brilliant and finger prints seem to stick to it (compared to IPad)

My only real gripe is the USB (or lack of). It has a USB port but not sure what this is for. You can't charge it off a PC, USB disk drives won't work on it, and i just purchased a Micro SD-USB reader and that didn't work either. Also my USB flash pen doesn't seem to work (although i'm sure a guy i work with plugged his in and it recognised it).

So in short it seems the USB is only any good for romming or transferring files to PC.

Appart from that i'm happy and for the price it's very good value. I've seen the Galaxy which seems like a complete rip off, and i'd rather burn my money than give it to Apple Inc.

Hope some of that info was useful to someone.

Guest perz750
Also bought one of these of Ebay Uk. Bit cheeky as it's advertised as Advent vega when it's actually a P10AN01.

It's identicle to the Vega but with silver frame (which looks better IMHO)

It dosn't come with type A-A USB lead so a trip to Maplins is required about £8 and you need a 2 pin shaver adapter.

If you look at the adapter the 2 pin part comes off, a friend of mine has the Vega and he's got the same adapter but with a 3 pin head.

As shown here: http://www.diytrade.com/china/4/products/7...er_adapter.html

you can buy these heads but the minimum order seems to be 5000. I'm off to Hong Kong on Sunday so will look out for these and if i see them will bring a bunch back. Just reply here if you are interested.

Given that you can't charge the unit from USB having an adapter as well as a power supply to carry round is a real pain.

Can't remember what exact OS was on it (it was Android 2.2) and some extra bits. It came with something called 3D launcher, which i found to be the worst/useless piece of software ever made. (Couldn't even add a short cut to the desk top, but you did get a clock widget for the time in Shanghai)

That soon went though and the Advent rom was put on..added the Modaco pack (great work guys) and all was good.

I'm new to romming stuff but found this link was a life saver: http://www.adventvega.net/#/unlock-modify-...reak/4546655167

Only bit it didn't say was that in order for the windows PC to detect USB connection for romming you need to:

Hold Back Button (2 secs)

Keeping back button pressed now hold Power (both for 2 secs)

Let go of Power (so just back button for further 2 secs)

Once i did this the PC detected it immediately. and the romming was a piece of cake.

In general its a good bit of kit. Android is a bit clunky at times (seems like you need to press buttons twice and the g sensor is a bit sensative) but hoping updates and/or Android 2.3 will iron these out.

The screen viewing angle is not brilliant and finger prints seem to stick to it (compared to IPad)

My only real gripe is the USB (or lack of). It has a USB port but not sure what this is for. You can't charge it off a PC, USB disk drives won't work on it, and i just purchased a Micro SD-USB reader and that didn't work either. Also my USB flash pen doesn't seem to work (although i'm sure a guy i work with plugged his in and it recognised it).

So in short it seems the USB is only any good for romming or transferring files to PC.

Appart from that i'm happy and for the price it's very good value. I've seen the Galaxy which seems like a complete rip off, and i'd rather burn my money than give it to Apple Inc.

Beg to differ..The guy selling these does state its the oem version and not the advent vega itself. As for the system, you can get into either "normal interface or 3d". You can both change the weather location and add to the desktop in both, its all in the instructions. As for the USB, its no different from the vega and I belive the update from here allows switching to host.

I have not so far moved from the os supplied as I am just running with it to see how it performs. I am sitting here with q friend and he has a vega and we are comparing. The one advantage I have is the dock, no usb probs for me, just plugged my keyboard into one of the sockets and here I am typing away.

As for the 2 pin plug, this is a weird one, when I use this carger I can use the pad with no problems while its charging, do double hits on keyboards or problems with screen or vids, but when I plug my friends vega 3 pin charge in I get problems. Maybe someone techy here can explain.

Guest Vip8888
It dosn't come with type A-A USB lead so a trip to Maplins is required about £8

Yes, most useful, thanks for posting. Hoping to get mine delivered tomorrow. Regarding the A-A USB, I found one on Amazon for 93p, seems a bit better deal than the £8. ;)