MoDaCo Custom Froyo r8 + FM Radio + Bluetooth Headphones?

Guest Ivan1024

Guest Ivan1024

Hi!

I've got a pair of Motorola S9 Bluetooth stereo headphones and they work fine for music and video but...

When I got my SF in December I'd hoped to be able to listen to the FM Radio through them, but the stock FM Radio app (in MoDaCo Custom r4) insisted on playing through the wired headphones (which are attached to provide the aerial). Changing the volume on the phone would show the Media Volume as playing through Bluetooth but sound was through wired headphones. I switched from FM Radio to Music the sound would immediately start being played on Bluetooth.

Now in r8 with the MIUI/andorko FM Radio things are *slightly* better - when I turn on the radio I get some background hiss (just like when paused in the Music player) but no actual radio station sound. If I then turn off the Bluetooth headphones the radio station sound comes out the wired headphones.

Has anyone managed to listen to the FM Radio on Bluetooth headphones???? ;)

Maybe the SF hardware can't do this?

Thanks,

Ivan.

Guest Azurren
Hi!

I've got a pair of Motorola S9 Bluetooth stereo headphones and they work fine for music and video but...

When I got my SF in December I'd hoped to be able to listen to the FM Radio through them, but the stock FM Radio app (in MoDaCo Custom r4) insisted on playing through the wired headphones (which are attached to provide the aerial). Changing the volume on the phone would show the Media Volume as playing through Bluetooth but sound was through wired headphones. I switched from FM Radio to Music the sound would immediately start being played on Bluetooth.

Now in r8 with the MIUI/andorko FM Radio things are *slightly* better - when I turn on the radio I get some background hiss (just like when paused in the Music player) but no actual radio station sound. If I then turn off the Bluetooth headphones the radio station sound comes out the wired headphones.

Has anyone managed to listen to the FM Radio on Bluetooth headphones???? ;)

Maybe the SF hardware can't do this?

Thanks,

Ivan.

Try posting this in this thread: http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...r-zte-blade-sf/

And ask andorko if it is possible. It is probably an issue with the apk and if it's a simple fix he maybe able to get it working (If it's a more complex fix then it may go down on his list of priorities)

Guest oh!dougal

Noted that you are using your wired 'phones as the antenna, but that even Andorko's radio app will ONLY play through the 'phones.

Not the Internal Speaker, not Bluetooth. ONLY the headphones.

Sound routing/handling on the Blade is something that could do with some investigation and 'customisation'.

Apart from FM Radio, it would be nice to have Skype working not just as a speakerphone. And have the Alarm Clock not diverted to the headphone ...

Guest oh!dougal

And ask andorko if it is possible. It is probably an issue with the apk and if it's a simple fix he maybe able to get it working (If it's a more complex fix then it may go down on his list of priorities)

Andorko is currently trying to get his Radio to use the internal speaker, but he has said that this is taking him into unfamiliar areas and is not going to happen soon.

It would be great if someone were able to get to grips with the whole general issue of sound handling.

It is a bit of a mess in Android, I gather.

Apps compiled using different versions of the SDK apparently do things rather differently to each other ...

Guest Ivan1024
Try posting this in this thread: http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...r-zte-blade-sf/

Thanks for that, hadn't found that thread before, I'll post there.

Noted that you are using your wired 'phones as the antenna, but that even Andorko's radio app will ONLY play through the 'phones.

Not the Internal Speaker, not Bluetooth. ONLY the headphones.

Sound routing/handling on the Blade is something that could do with some investigation and 'customisation'.

I think Andorko's radio app is much more promising than the stock tuner - at least the sound STOPS coming out of the wired 'phones when the Bluetooth ones connect ;)

Guest Ivan1024
maybe the wired headphones are used as antenna?

Yes, that's right, they need to be connected to act as the antenna. Hoping to have them connected for that, but have the radio sound played on Bluetooth ;)