Screenshots to send to interested friends

Guest BritishGent

Guest BritishGent

Downloaded an app to take screenshots of my San Fran for emailing to friends. Got awful results, with missing chunks of screen, etc. Then found info via Google in which you launch something called ddms from the Android SDK which I downloaded and installed late last week. However, all I get is a brief look at a DOS command window then nothing. What I gather I am supposed to see is a new window with a screen capture utiltity included. What system are folk on here using? I am on Windows 7 (64-bit) PC-wise and Android 2.2 on the phone. Ta.

Downloaded an app to take screenshots of my San Fran for emailing to friends. Got awful results, with missing chunks of screen, etc. Then found info via Google in which you launch something called ddms from the Android SDK which I downloaded and installed late last week. However, all I get is a brief look at a DOS command window then nothing. What I gather I am supposed to see is a new window with a screen capture utiltity included. What system are folk on here using? I am on Windows 7 (64-bit) PC-wise and Android 2.2 on the phone. Ta.

If your phone is rooted then "shootme" will be perfect. I took some screenshots for an article here

I use this and DDMS. If your adb driver is not correctly installed then I guess ddms would not work. This driver would normally be installed along with any sync type software included with the device.

Good luck.