365 replies to this topic

hajj_3

hajj_3

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco
the flashboot link seems to be dead now, where can i find the latest version?

idlebrat

idlebrat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
First things first....Thanks a lot Steve...Thats an amazing guide...

Well I have a gen 1 phone running an MCR Alpha 3 ROM ..I've got it that way....
Now i wish to get a different custom ROM on that...mainly due to very less phone storage ..
After a lot of reading through the forums....i've decided to have the MCR rl12.

..I've got the files downloaded....checked the md5 sum..(according to your guide)
installed the Recovery Manager...ofcrse it would force close many times...i reinstalled it...and not problem at all...
Now the problem is...when i try to backup my current firmware ..it says " "sorry currently only clockworkmod recovery is supported for backing up your firmware"

Ive also tried to boot up in the clockwork mdoe...and selected the backup option with the volume up/down keys....there onward i just see the CWM symbol...and nothing else. it stays on like that forever....i gave it a lot of time...but nothing.

Any idea what went wrong?? Is there anything else i have to do??
This is the first time i am doing it...and down want to brick the phone ..
Thanks a lot in advance ...

Cheers,
Idlebrat

sam tyler

sam tyler

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade Gen1 R.B.M.1 Grand X
many thanks for the guide to putting a ROM on the Blade(San Francisco)but for some reason,i cant install another ROM i followed the guide and the ROM i put on the phone was the one in the guide(r12-update-modaco custom rom-blade-kitchen-unsigned-zip)this ROM works fine,except my pet hate(i also own a zte racer so putting ROM`s on that for a while now.)i can`t seem to put certain apps on my sd card.so i thought i change the ROM,but every time i try to it aborts. stating (sorry if this bit is long winded.)``Amend scripting(update-script)is no longer supported) Amend scripting was deprecated by Google in Android 1.5 it was necessary to remove it when upgrading to 3.0 gingerbread based recovery. please switch to Edify scripting (update script and update binary)to create a working update zip packages.installation aborted. i did check the md5 sum numbers and they where correct.can anyone help with this bit? is the recovery(clockwork)out of date? or will i have reinstall recovery manager and clockwork img? i did check to make sure they were on the gen 1 list. the first ROM i put on is still working fine. hope some one has the answer!! --update--- i managed to install Swedish Spring RL55 all working so far but its now 2.2(or gen2?)but at least i have another ROM that works!

Edited by sam tyler, 22 August 2012 - 08:49 AM.

Hello?could someone help me with my dead ZTE Blade? as i`m trapped in 1973!

Ape09090

Ape09090

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:orange san francisco
bump,

folks,I'm no whizz with this stuff.

I managed to put Japanese Jellyfish on to my Gen 1 ZTE Blade /Orange San Fransisco when I first got it over a year ago,gawd only knows how I did that right first time with no problems since but anyway.

I reckon that there could be other ROM's out there now that are better at conserving/using the battery though so I downloaded ROM Manager from the android market and it's offering me Cyanogen mod 7.2.0 as a stable ROM but I'm concerned that could only be for Gen 2 phones?

So,I'm concerned that if I install Cyanogen mod 7.2.0 onto a Gen 1 ZTE Blade that I could brick it.

I'd appreciate any help or tips that anyone may feel like offering me with this,

thanks,

Andrew

zoicado

zoicado

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
i have a problem when i enter on internet or play market or youtube it auto exit from the program or the mobile just shud down

zoicado

zoicado

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
OK I CANT ENTER TO THE INTERNET i can download games from play market but when i enter in google or other sites the internet just crash

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users