• Please log in to reply
365 replies to this topic

Dave L

Dave L

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Devices:San Fransisco
Right I had a few drinks on saturday night and started messing round with the phone and deleting all sorts ;) basically I wrecked it.Now ive followed this and put a new ROM on the phone and its working like new.Im not up on computers (I drive a truck)but if I can do this,anyone can so thanks and if anyone needs help reversing a 40 foot trailer I'll return the favour :)

Thanks again

Dave

Martinmac1000

Martinmac1000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi, Just flashed 2.2 onto my blade. All seems to be fine apart from no Android Market App. Any idea why this is, and how to install?

StevenHarperUK

StevenHarperUK

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco

I KNOW i'm asking a lot, but as a non-native english speaker and a mediocre writer i think i'm going to say something that other may think.
Do you think will ever be possible to have your youtube video subtitled? i mean i'm good at reading and understanding, but not really at "listen and repeat".
Now since the Blade seems to be mainly a european and asiatic phenomenon (since no US version is avaliable at the moment) a lot of your audience may not understand the video.
Well it's just a tip, your work is amazing, me, at first place, owe you a lot since if i could do something to my blade is thanks to your guides ;)

Done!

I enjoyed doing that

StevenHarperUK

StevenHarperUK

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Hi, Just flashed 2.2 onto my blade. All seems to be fine apart from no Android Market App. Any idea why this is, and how to install?

Which Rom did you do please?

haamiah

haamiah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:San Francisco Optimus

I will add the drivers later tonight - and give it all a bit of polish

some time before i too searched for those Drivers...so many reseach came up with this trully ones...even detected SFran when in clockwormod...
ZTE Blade Drivers.

About new mod r7 (www.MoDaCo.com) , i can only regret about Display resolution that somehow has worsenned.
I thought it was poor camera resolution , but now i see old pictures are balso not so pretty as before.
My display is a tft...maybe because the mod is preferable for Led display it wont look so good at Tft´s...

tonydl

tonydl

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
Hello StevenHarperUK,

This is my first post - and I want to give it to you :)
I just got my Orange San Francisco at Saturday (and it is AMAZING!) - and want to thank you very very much for your great step by step guide. The scene around the OSF was one of the reasons I actually bought it. I read many different topics and glossars to understand what I am doing - and your name seems to be in each of them. I installed the Japanese Jellyfish (I am still trying to figure out which ROM/Firmware I am going to take - seems do be a tough choice without many real differences) two days ago and everything went fine - oh and android 2.2 on the OSF rocks! ;)

With Sebastians new RecoveryManager things tend to be even easier. I am glad to be a part of this community now.

tony

aleckxander

aleckxander

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Done!

I enjoyed doing that

amazing O.o

TimJBart

TimJBart

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Just wanted to say, thank you to everyone who spends the time compiling this information for the noobs amongst us.

I took the plunge yesterday using your guide, and installed 2.2 Jellyfish R8. I AM AMAZED. It has turned this cheap handset into something that feels like it's worth £400.

I used android 2.1 on my phone for a week and was a little bit dismayed about all the stuttering of the OS. 2.2 has completely eliminated all of this and is now running super smooth. A good example is the Gallery which before really struggled to display my few hundred photos, and was difficult to browse around. After the ROM upgrade the Gallery is smooth as silk, and this is also noticeable when navigating the OS as a whole.

So basically, I urge everyone to try out a custom ROM, the difference is night and day.

Phoenix Silver

Phoenix Silver

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade Orange France
  • Twitter:@phoenixbjp
really great job and great guide.

for me i was lucky because i had bought my phone before to know this site.
i even don't remember why i have found this site ;)

Si le corps est mortel, l’âme elle est éternelle.

davelong

davelong

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:San Francisco 2.2
Hi Thanks for the tutorial.

This is my first post I flashed flbs latest 2.2 rom last night following this guide, just one issue I had was you wrote the following:

2. How to Install a ROM using Clockwork via Recovery Manager

We are almost there - we can now enter Clockwork by:
In the ZTE-Blade Recovery Manager App choose Reboot into Clockwork
Hold down the VOLUME DOWN button when booting up the phone

However we are going to use ZTE-Blade Recovery Manage to tell Clockwork what to do

For those of us who are as impatient as me what I did was reboot into clockwork from Rec Man instead of staying in Rec man to tell clockwork what to do. However once I rebooted out of clockwork after realising my mistake when I got back to Rec Man it wouldnt work it just kept closing itself, even after reinstalling through ASTRO but I went back to clockwork and installed from there , first to a boot loop but then again after clearing files/cache/reset etc it booted up to what seems to be a stable ROM.
It might be worth re arranging the above statement so no one falls into the pit that got me.

Great work though.
Dave

StevenHarperUK

StevenHarperUK

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

It might be worth re arranging the above statement so no one falls into the pit that got me.

Done, thanks for the suggestion

Seagull81

Seagull81

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Devices:HTC One X
I've installed UniversalAndroot and Recovery, the root reported as successful but after installing Titanium Backup, that gives me a message saying that the phone is not rooted. I've tried rooting a few times and it seems to root each time, restarting the phone hasn't helped.

Recovery has installed OK, I'm running a backup at the moment.

Any ideas?

Edited by Seagull81, 19 January 2011 - 01:36 PM.

StevenHarperUK

StevenHarperUK

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

I've installed UniversalAndroot and Recovery, the root reported as successful but after installing Titanium Backup, that gives me a message saying that the phone is not rooted. I've tried rooting a few times and it seems to root each time, restarting the phone hasn't helped.

Recovery has installed OK, I'm running a backup at the moment.

Any ideas?

Titanium Backup is super fussy about the root and busybox install it wants - I think there is a FIX menu item to install the ones it wants.

Seagull81

Seagull81

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Titanium Backup is super fussy about the root and busybox install it wants - I think there is a FIX menu item to install the ones it wants.

Yes I tried the 'Problems' button but that didn't help, if it's going to be problematic then I'll use a different backup app.

I'm now trying to choose a good 2.2 rom for my wifes phone, she doesn't have an ext partition and I doubt that she'll need one for the apps that she uses.

Decisions decisions ... (hints welcome)

StevenHarperUK

StevenHarperUK

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Yes I tried the 'Problems' button but that didn't help, if it's going to be problematic then I'll use a different backup app.

I'm now trying to choose a good 2.2 rom for my wifes phone, she doesn't have an ext partition and I doubt that she'll need one for the apps that she uses.

Decisions decisions ... (hints welcome)

Have a look in the Stickied POLL (a bit later I only just made it) you will see what other people are using

Seagull81

Seagull81

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Have a look in the Stickied POLL (a bit later I only just made it) you will see what other people are using

Thanks Steven. Should Rom Manager work after using UniversalAndroot? I thought I'd install it to partition the SD card but that gives me this message "You must have ClockworkMod Recovery installed before continuing! Install the recovery through ROM Manager first". There's are 'install' & 'cancel' buttons, I've selected cancel as I don't want to mess up the already installed and working ClockworkMod.

StevenHarperUK

StevenHarperUK

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts
I would let it install clockwork 2.5.1.8.

stanno

stanno

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
Just a quick question. I have all the tools installed and am just about to use Recovery Manager to instal my first ROM (so a bit nervous). Once I go into the "firmware" page and select "install firmware" do I get an option to clear cache and do a factory reset? If not when/how do I do these things? Cheers.

StevenHarperUK

StevenHarperUK

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Just a quick question. I have all the tools installed and am just about to use Recovery Manager to instal my first ROM (so a bit nervous). Once I go into the "firmware" page and select "install firmware" do I get an option to clear cache and do a factory reset? If not when/how do I do these things? Cheers.

Use the boot into clockwork
Then install the rom using install zip and the factory reset.
See guide lower down on first post.

Dave L

Dave L

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Devices:San Fransisco
Can I ask

when you say * From the clockwork menu choose: Clear Cache on the display it says > wipe cache partition
Factory Reset > wipe data/factory reset.

These are what im being displayed is it what I should do?

Dave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users