[MOD] [2011-02-12] 0x90 Mod final version

Guest 0x90

Guest Cardyology
If you look inside that zip I think you'll find Frankish modified services.jar to make that button. It shouldn't really surprise you that overwriteing it removes the button ;)

If you're feeling adventurous you can try and diff them to combine them (Frankish has started a guide).

Haha, I'm always feeling adventurous but I'm pretty limited in my knowledge of modifying the .jar files & stuff. i just install the stuff you guys make & love it all!

Guest Rotmann
If more people want it i could make a setting in the mod so you can select the color from the settings app.

Yes. If you apply this after the theme was installed it should work. but the clock color is going to be black.

+1 please add this, it would be perfect!

Also tested with Sebastian404's de-softened Froyo r0.3, works like it should. This is the best mod I've seen for the Blade, congratulations! ;)

Quiet Hours is awesome

can you add Airplane mod to Quiet Hours So it can save power at bed time?

Quiet Hours:

Enable/Disable

Start time/Stop time

Mute sounds (Notifications)

Mute vibrations

Looks good. Couple of requests:

1. Add what release of JJ you're current mod is based on. With the rate KK releases updates, it's hard to keep track.

2. List what functionality is where. Service.jar is the only thing which would be overwritten by themes afaik, so it'd be helpful to know what is in there.

All releases of JJ should be compatible. Kallt_Kaffe hasnt changed any thing in the related files. (Framwork.jar, Services.jar and Android.policy.jar)

Services.jar is responsible for most things. Statusbar, Notifications, etc..

Android.policy is Input (Button presses), lockscreen, etc.

It sounds like an interesting mod. Is there any specifics of why this is locked purely to JJ?

It has to match and have the resources at the same memory location as in the framework-res.apk file.

If anyone wants it for a another version / phone that runs standard android 2.2 i could port it, if i have time and enough people want it.

Would it be possible to have data on/off switch in status bar power widget?

EDIT: probably it's the 4th icon

EDIT2: boot loops on FLB-Froyo G2 r6

Could you send a "adb logcat" log? would be intresting to see why it fails.

I guess it would be a good idea to ask kallt about implementing your CM-like binding of the options into the stock JJ, so following themes will be compatible with it, and all you have to do is to update the app and give the changed framework to kallt ;)

/* BTW This is why CM is better - it isn't separated developers working on their own, but a well coordinated team with tasks */

Another way that would be better is to make a theme-switcher or something like that in the mod so we could get proper theme support.

Guest buneech
All releases of JJ should be compatible. Kallt_Kaffe hasnt changed any thing in the related files. (Framwork.jar, Services.jar and Android.policy.jar)

Services.jar is responsible for most things. Statusbar, Notifications, etc..

AFAIK, he did change some values in services.jar for RLS7, it was to get signal bars to work, he used values from eclair.

The music controls don't seem to work, plus it removed a small mod I'd installed to the power button options to add a reboot I found. I re-installed e reboot patch & it's back working.

What music player are you using? Iam basically using the same method as CyanogenMod for sendingn mediakeys from the lockscreen and it should, in theory at least, have good compability with other apps then the standard media-player.

AFAIK, he did change some values in services.jar for RLS7, it was to get signal bars to work, he used values from eclair.

Interesting. Even if he did you would always get the latest services.jar from this mod, with the fixes included. So that shouldn't be a problem.

Btw. Thanks for all the comments!

This mod seems to kill barcode scanner every time you press the back button to exit barcode scanner. Atleast the kill message is shown everytime.

The time for being a longpress back event might need to be increased. In the next version i will increase it to 5 seconds or something like that so you cant accidentally kill applications.

The time for being a longpress back event might need to be increased. In the next version i will increase it to 5 seconds or something like that so you cant accidentally kill applications.

5 seconds is too long, maybe 2 seconds. However, I can confirm a short press on back kills the barcode scanner app, so I don't think it's him holding the button too long, looks more like an unintended feature.

5 seconds is too long, maybe 2 seconds. However, I can confirm a short press on back kills the barcode scanner app, so I don't think it's him holding the button too long, looks more like an unintended feature.

ok. strange. Ill download it and analyse what might cause the problem and probably fix it until next release.

@0x90 can you do mod without black clock? ;)

Next release is going to include a setting to change the color of the clock. :)

Edited by 0x90

Guest logigamer
Next release is going to include a setting to change the color of the clock. ;)

yes, please :) now in my theme (black background) with your super widget (black clock letters) there will be no clock :D

thx ;)

Guest Ghazkul
so I don't think it's him holding the button too long, looks more like an unintended feature.

That is correct, I am not holding it down, just pressing it to exit the app and it gets killed. I noticed this on other apps to, esp if they are in a loading state. Navigation for instance, when it try to locate your position and I press back, it gets killed. Same with maps if it is loading the map (eg you see a grey grid).

Guest IronDoc
Another way that would be better is to make a theme-switcher or something like that in the mod so we could get proper theme support.

Well there is Metamorph but I don't think anyone (read Frankish) knows how to make a theme work with it. I also don't know how good it is.

Is that widget there even with an other launcher? or is the statusbar part of the launcherapps?

Its compatible with all launchers. The statusbar is not part of the launcher.

That is correct, I am not holding it down, just pressing it to exit the app and it gets killed. I noticed this on other apps to, esp if they are in a loading state. Navigation for instance, when it try to locate your position and I press back, it gets killed. Same with maps if it is loading the map (eg you see a grey grid).

Its seems fixed when i increased the delay for killing apps. I think its becuase when closing a app there can be some lag and android wont notice that the button is up so it will think it was a long-press but i wasnt.

Well there is Metamorph but I don't think anyone (read Frankish) knows how to make a theme work with it. I also don't know how good it is.

I was thinking more of a theme-switcher like the one built in in cyanogenmod.