- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

joshjw

joshjw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
Hey everyone I just recently tried to install MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM (r7) on my San Francisco. It didn't go well and it ended up with the reboot looping constantly. Because of this I decided to a factory reset. I wiped the cache and data, set in to factory settings and then rebooted it. When it rebooted it camed up with 2.2 even though I wiped it clean. Im confused to whether that is factory settings and still need to put another ROM on or it has a ROM on.

Please help, Thanks.

Oh and if it is 2.2 the nexus live wallpaper is still a bit jittery, any reasons why?

Azurren

Azurren

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,964 posts
  • Devices:Dell Streak
  • Twitter:@Azurren

Hey everyone I just recently tried to install MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM (r7) on my San Francisco. It didn't go well and it ended up with the reboot looping constantly. Because of this I decided to a factory reset. I wiped the cache and data, set in to factory settings and then rebooted it. When it rebooted it camed up with 2.2 even though I wiped it clean. Im confused to whether that is factory settings and still need to put another ROM on or it has a ROM on.

Please help, Thanks.

Oh and if it is 2.2 the nexus live wallpaper is still a bit jittery, any reasons why?

Wiping data and cache pretty much "Factory resets" the rom to defaults. ;)
As for live wallpapers, I suggest using launcherpro (Free or paid) and disabling wallpaper scrolling

joshjw

joshjw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Wiping data and cache pretty much "Factory resets" the rom to defaults. :)
As for live wallpapers, I suggest using launcherpro (Free or paid) and disabling wallpaper scrolling

What do I need to do in order to put a good ROM on, and what ROM is good to go with on 2.2?

And is there a guide which allows me to delete the ROM I have and try another one?

Thanks ;)

joshjw

joshjw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Wiping data and cache pretty much "Factory resets" the rom to defaults. ;)

I have downloaded launcher and did what you said but still is a bit laggy and the menu screen is also a bit laggy now :S

Azurren

Azurren

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,964 posts
  • Devices:Dell Streak
  • Twitter:@Azurren

I have downloaded launcher and did what you said but still is a bit laggy and the menu screen is also a bit laggy now :S

If you are running Modaco froyo r7 then why do you want to change?
I guess your best options are updating your current rom or trying one such as JapJelly

joshjw

joshjw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

If you are running Modaco froyo r7 then why do you want to change?
I guess your best options are updating your current rom or trying one such as JapJelly

When I checked my phone settings it only said 2.2, it said nothing about the custom ROM. Should I reinstall it.

Which JapJelly ROM is it?

Sorry for the questions.

joshjw

joshjw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
Doesn't matter now, I reinstalled it and it works fine now ;). Very happy and its very fast and snappy. Decided not to use live wallpapers because of the battery power.

I tried a few games on it such as angry birds and Raging thunder and they work flawlessley. So all is good thanks for your help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users