notification bar "widgets"

Guest tonydl

Hello,

I am sorry if this was already asked - I tried the search but couldn't find anything.

Recently I came across a screenshot at lifehacker:

snap20101220_145538.png

I LOVE the idea of having a connectivity widget within the notification bar - it would be a lot easier than to go to the home screen and then take the standard-widget.

After some research I think it is a feature of the Cyanogenmod - but is there any chance to get this great feature to one of the custom ROMs for the Blade?

Any help appreciated,

tony

Edited by tonydl

Guest Scoopading
I LOVE the idea of having a connectivity widget within the notification bar - it would be a lot easier than to go to the home screen and then take the standard-widget.

After some research I think it is a feature of the Cyanogenmod - but is there any chance to get this great feature to one of the custom ROMs for the Blade?

I use the free app Quick Settings for this as I'm not a fan of widgets cluttering up the screen and I'd rather have battery life over widgets too.

I like it far better than anything else I've came across for this stuff, including paid apps. It only allows placing its icon inside the status bar (rather than allowing direct access to certrain controls from within bar). But, although that means one extra press, it does come with many extra options beyond the usual WIFI on/off and Airplane mode type controls.

It's particularly handy if you want to rotate lock the screen as it means you can do that without having to leave the application like you would with a normal widget. It also gives quiick access to a few other neat things like a torch (full brights the screen in the case on the Blade) and easy individual control of ringer/notification/media/alarm/voice and system volume controls etc. Shows free space on phone/sd card and battery charge as a percentage too.

Great app ;)

Edited by Scoopading