Froyo on San francisco

Guest stevelyn123

Guest stevelyn123

Hi,

Apologies if these problems have been aired before but I am a novice at this.

I followed the great instructions on this site and rooted, installed clockwork and then Froyo on my orange San Francisco without any problems. I really like it but have problems with everything now being too small to see, google mail server problems, and I am unable to browse the android market.

Is there a download or a better version that I can install that will fix these problems.

Please explain in simple terms as I am inexperienced at flashing etc but am eager to learn.

Apologies again for wasting anyones time.

Steve

Hi,

Apologies if these problems have been aired before but I am a novice at this.

I followed the great instructions on this site and rooted, installed clockwork and then Froyo on my orange San Francisco without any problems. I really like it but have problems with everything now being too small to see, google mail server problems, and I am unable to browse the android market.

Is there a download or a better version that I can install that will fix these problems.

Please explain in simple terms as I am inexperienced at flashing etc but am eager to learn.

Apologies again for wasting anyones time.

Steve

I am running the Japanese Jellyfish version 8 and that seem to have no problems. You'd be better off heading off to the San Francisco (ZTE BLADE) forums where everyone with this device hangs out. However in short, if you want to do this, here's the quick guide.

1) Back-up all of your apps and data using the program of your choice (a lot of people use Titanium back-up)

2) Download the ROM of your choice (available from the ZTE Blade forums here - you might want to give Japanese Jellyfish a go).

3) Connect your device to your computer and copy the rom across to the SD card.

4) turn off the device, turn it back on holding down the volume key to boot into clockwork.

5) wipe the cache and data (using clockwork)

6) Install the rom (using clockwork)

7) reboot.

Guest stevelyn123
I am running the Japanese Jellyfish version 8 and that seem to have no problems. You'd be better off heading off to the San Francisco (ZTE BLADE) forums where everyone with this device hangs out. However in short, if you want to do this, here's the quick guide.

1) Back-up all of your apps and data using the program of your choice (a lot of people use Titanium back-up)

2) Download the ROM of your choice (available from the ZTE Blade forums here - you might want to give Japanese Jellyfish a go).

3) Connect your device to your computer and copy the rom across to the SD card.

4) turn off the device, turn it back on holding down the volume key to boot into clockwork.

5) wipe the cache and data (using clockwork)

6) Install the rom (using clockwork)

7) reboot.

Hi,

Thanks for your advice.

I can`t back up using Titanium etc as I can`t download apps from the market. I haven`t much on the phone except what came with froyo, only contacts etc, but they are on the sim. I`d like to keep this on if i can sort out the problems, but if not i`ll certainly try your suggestion.

Steve

Guest stevelyn123
Hi,

Thanks for your advice.

I can`t back up using Titanium etc as I can`t download apps from the market. I haven`t much on the phone except what came with froyo, only contacts etc, but they are on the sim. I`d like to keep this on if i can sort out the problems, but if not i`ll certainly try your suggestion.

Steve

Hi again,

Do I have to remove the old rom from the sd card before installing a new one.

I tried to put a new one on but it installed the same verion of froyo.

Am I right in choosing the update.zip from sd card in clockwork and not install zip from sd card.

Also when I tried to download Jellyfish it didn`t download properly.

Steve

Guest stevelyn123
Hi again,

Do I have to remove the old rom from the sd card before installing a new one.

I tried to put a new one on but it installed the same verion of froyo.

Am I right in choosing the update.zip from sd card in clockwork and not install zip from sd card.

Also when I tried to download Jellyfish it didn`t download properly.

Steve

All sorted now.

I installed a newer version off this site and everything works perfectly.

You guys are doing amazing work.

Thanks.