Vega 'on the go'

Guest bennji_boy

Guest bear807

Buy the orange san fransico aka zte blade £99 cannot go wrong, been using it as a hotspot 24-7 and vega hook up perfectly.

advent vega and orange san francisco both very good price value ratio probably best companion :huh:

Guest El Nino9

pdanet has two version, free one is limited in features. paid one is full. this is for a wired tether.

i used to use my G1 with CM4,5,6 and they had the built in wired tether in the setting option. they still do in CM7.

i have never been a fan for wireless tether as i think it just drains the battery super quick and heats up the phone a lot.

but hey different people have different opinions.

as for value for money it all depends how much you use. i would go on amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003Z0T3X2/ £7.04 for a 3gb sim card. you just plug it into a usb dongle/modem or even a phone with tethering options and from the first usage will last 3 months. no monthly bills no surprises. once you use your 3gb allowance or 3 months go by(which ever comes first) you just throw the sim and get a new one.

Guest Mickgoodie1
Nothing special about the software on the Vega to connect via Barnacle just using the standard wireless settings to connect, however you must not use any security keys (WEP etc).

As for Barnacle make sure you switch on your 3G and its active on your phone before running Barnacle, when you have your data connection run Barnacle and press start, after its run through its setup press associate then immediately do a wifi search on your Vega and you should find (*)Barnacle, connect to it and an association will be setup so next time all you have to do is press start and the Vega will automatically select it. You might need to try the association procedure a couple of times before its successful.

The above assumes your phone is fully rooted.

Maxwell4321 tks for the reply. Can you confirm for me your vega software/rom version as my barnacle is setup as per ur post and my hero is rooted on driod 2.1. I am worried as i only rebuilt my vega last week and it still fails to work. My vega software is:

Modaco vega r8, driod 2.2, ec 1.9, kernal 2.6.32.9-mck-r2-slave

Guest Maxwell4321
Maxwell4321 tks for the reply. Can you confirm for me your vega software/rom version as my barnacle is setup as per ur post and my hero is rooted on driod 2.1. I am worried as i only rebuilt my vega last week and it still fails to work. My vega software is:

Modaco vega r8, driod 2.2, ec 1.9, kernal 2.6.32.9-mck-r2-slave

Yep software is the same, did you include the modified wpa_supplicant in your ROM bake ? if not try replacing it with the one modded for adhoc networks. it resides in /system/bin

Guest dr_nick

What am i doing wrong?

I have an htc desire and can tether to it using in built portable wifi hotspot, but it will not give me internet access either for web browser or email app...

Is there sometyhing i need to enable on the vega?

Thanks...

Dr_nick