Launcher pro as default launcher

Guest Lew247

I did use the search before anyone suggests it and while the answer "may" be there it isn't coming up.

If I want to is it possible to replace the default launcher in a rom with launcher pro? if so what do I need to replace and with what

I want to have launcher pro as the only launcher inside a rom instead of the stock one

Guest Swimmerboy
I did use the search before anyone suggests it and while the answer "may" be there it isn't coming up.

If I want to is it possible to replace the default launcher in a rom with launcher pro? if so what do I need to replace and with what

I want to have launcher pro as the only launcher inside a rom instead of the stock one

Open the zipped rom, navigate to /system/app, delete Launcher2.apk (or similar), place in desired launcher, copy zip to device, flash.

Easy peasy.

Guest Pelemane

When I installed JJ RLS7 I just deleted launcher2.apk from system/app and put launcherpro.apk there

Guest Swimmerboy

Alternatively, if you've already flashed and have adb setup and wanted to replace Launcher2 with the apk located in: c:\apks\org.adw.launcher.apk:

Adb remount

adb shell

cd /system/app

rm Launcher2.apk

<Ctrl-C>

adb push c:\apks\org.adw.launcher.apk /system/app

<edit> oops, typo

Edited by Swimmerboy

Guest IronDoc
Alternatively, if you've already flashed and have adb setup and wanted to replace Launcher2 with the apk located in: c:aapks\org.adw.launcher.apk:

Adb remount

adb shell

cd /system/all

rm Launcher2.apk

<Ctrl-C>

adb push c:\apks\org.adw.launcher.apk /system/app

should read /system/app

Guest targetbsp

I presume then that you can also use Titanium Backup the same way you would remove the pre-installed Orange crap? I've removed all sorts of stuff that way but I've never dared remove the stock launcher... yet. ;)

Guest Maringer

I replaced the stock Launcher with Launcher Pro the easy/lazy way.

I installed Launcher Pro, rebooted the phone and selected LP as my preferred Launcher when the option popped up after reboot! Using JJ8.

I want to install it as the default launcher in a rom update to send the kids next time 2.2 gets updated

They live 300-3000 miles away so it's simpler for me to sort out a rom, do any changes I want to it and then put whatever theme changes need doing and then just give them a download link to flash the rom itself with nothing else to do apart from sign into google

If I remove launcher2.apk from the rom do I just simply replace it with the launcherpro.apk, or do I have to rename the launcher pro app to launcher2.apk first?

Guest El Nino9
I would like to do this aswell, but where do I download .apk?

try to google? first page that comes up if you search for launcher pro

and its right there on the front page saying download...

try to google? first page that comes up if you search for launcher pro

and its right there on the front page saying download...

Ah i tried before but then i only came to pages that seemed to be used from the phone. I will try again ;)

Guest womble_sanfran

Is it wise to remove the stock launcher? Isnt it the only way you can change the lockscreen wallpaper? I use launcher pro but need to switch to the stock launcher whenever I want to change the lockscreen wallpaper as there is no option to change it in launcher pro.

Guest ZTE Blade_
I "thought" the lock screen wallpaper was in the framework-res.apk? or is that the default wallpaper and not the lock one?

or are they both the same?

yes, it's in "framework-res.apk"