ZTE BLADE-Earphone sound is too low.

Guest lavan

Hi all. Before i start id just like to say thank you to everyone involved in this forum for their contribution.

I am very happy about this phone for its price.

But the most disappointing part is that its earphone volume is tooooo low...tooo low means its pathetically low.

I wud like to request the to do something to increase the volume so that blade owners can enjoy a decent music using this phone.

I tried with different eraphone such as JVC mashmallow, Soundmagic pl11, stock earphone of nokia N8....

Result is negative...

I think many of the blade owners are complaining about the volume...

Thanx in advance

You can't magically increase the volume. This low volume may be a bug and then it can be fixed, but most probably it is because Blade's headphone out doesn't amplify the signal enough. Only ways to fix this without sacrificing sound quality of output is to buy headphones/earphones with lower impedance, try to find ones that have louder volume (which can be achieved by better quality/more sensitive parts, noise-cancelling or with few other ways) or by buying headphone amplifier. My Koss Porta Pro is loud enough, but they are headphones not earphones.

Guest tomatoface
Hi all. Before i start id just like to say thank you to everyone involved in this forum for their contribution.

I am very happy about this phone for its price.

But the most disappointing part is that its earphone volume is tooooo low...tooo low means its pathetically low.

I wud like to request the to do something to increase the volume so that blade owners can enjoy a decent music using this phone.

I tried with different eraphone such as JVC mashmallow, Soundmagic pl11, stock earphone of nokia N8....

Result is negative...

I think many of the blade owners are complaining about the volume...

Thanx in advance

I agree! Try using the excellent Poweramp app and there is an EQ setting which definately helps and you also get better sound quality. Another option is to use a headphone amp (which I haven't tried myself yet) such as Fiio E5. I've read good reviews on this and it is cheap at around £16.

I use Sennheiser in ear headphones CX300 and am very pleased with the sound quality in Poweramp.

Here's another link on the subject: http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1451408

Guest daisyhayseed
I agree! Try using the excellent Poweramp app and there is an EQ setting which definately helps and you also get better sound quality. Another option is to use a headphone amp (which I haven't tried myself yet) such as Fiio E5. I've read good reviews on this and it is cheap at around £16.

I use Sennheiser in ear headphones CX300 and am very pleased with the sound quality in Poweramp.

Here's another link on the subject: http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1451408

I can vouch for the Fiio E5 as being a decent product. However if you're looking for an all out volume increase I recommend the Jabra BT3030 Bluetooth dogtag. You can use your choice of headset with it. The device has its own volume control. When I have both the phone and the Jabra device up to max volume I find my media to sometimes be too loud. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my music loud! So from my point of view it does the job.

P.S. I know it sounds ridiculous now I've responded, but shouldn't this thread be in the main forum?

Edited by daisyhayseed

Guest The Soup Thief

Question has been asked often before and should be in a different part of the forum

Agree w previous posters but I had a useful find recently on a long haul flight

Was trying to watch a video on my blade but couldn't hear zip due to the background noise

You have a lot of time to experiment in the air...

Found that by turning the earpieces round so the speakers pointed directly down my ear canal (rather than facing each other they faced forwards and down, with the wires pointing directly out from my ears) they closed off my ear canal, blocking out the noise and amplifying the sound hugely so full volume was a bit too loud

Felt a bit weird at first but you soon get used to it, plus it looks a bit odd having the stalks of the phones and the wires poking straight out of your ears, but do experiment with it

Its made my phone loads more usable as a media player / radio

And before you say anything, my ears are standard issue!

Now maybe the mods should move this to the main forum...

Funny enough mine wont go as low as I like.

There should be more stages to the volume really as sometimes I want to listen between off and low if i'm listening to a podcast and i'm just around the house.

As for the highest setting I have never taken it up that high.

And i'm not some some fuddy who hates loud music - I listen to a lot of electronica and dance music. if anything my ears should be less sensitive after all these years.

Headphones are little sennheiser buds.