UK Providers sucking up battery!

Guest Tech

:lol:

OK, I've just been abroad to the middle east due to family reasons. I took my WP7 (HD7) device.

in the UK, im on t-mobile. I don't make many calls or txt messages or even email to be honest. Just a normal avg user.

So here, it takes around 1.5 days before I need to fully charge my batt again.

However when I was abroad, 4 days later its around 20% with the same usage (and a few international calls being made and received from, in addition to some email syncs, maybe around 2 times a day?) - whats going on here?

seems like the UK Carriers are for whatever reason, doing alot of processing/signals and sucking up the batt where as abroad, not so much!

any ideas or theories?

Edited by Tech

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Kiwi Dave
:P

OK, I've just been abroad to the middle east due to family reasons. I took my WP7 (HD7) device.

in the UK, im on t-mobile. I don't make many calls or txt messages or even email to be honest. Just a normal avg user.

So here, it takes around 1.5 days before I need to fully charge my batt again.

However when I was abroad, 4 days later its around 20% with the same usage (and a few international calls being made and received from, in addition to some email syncs, maybe around 2 times a day?) - whats going on here?

seems like the UK Carriers are for whatever reason, doing alot of processing/signals and sucking up the batt where as abroad, not so much!

any ideas or theories?

have you tried turning off your data connection while in the UK? the out of the box setting is for the HD7 to turn off data connections while roaming, so unless you changed this setting, it could explain your extended battery while overseas....????????