131 replies to this topic

PetrineX

PetrineX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia

Hi guys,

I want to make it work on i920 too. Someone with good computer skills and enthousiastic to start struggling with it please contact me!

Greetings Almar

I've been lurking for awhile on the boards. Went from a o1 to o2 for free after my seventh warranty replacement.

I'm a computer engineering student and have a background and c/c++ and POSIX. I have no idea where to start, but if you tell me what to code I'll try to hack something out.
I'm due for an upgrade soon, but that just means I can toy around without worrying about bricking the phone.

I'm so tired of Samsung at this point. February 9th can't come soon enough.

nickmo20

nickmo20

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i910 & i920

Hi guys,

I want to make it work on i920 too. Someone with good computer skills and enthousiastic to start struggling with it please contact me!

Greetings Almar

I as well am willing to try just about anything! I've not had actual computer training or schooling, but I have MS Visual Studio 2010 and I have some knowledge of Linux (Gnome/KDE) Most of what I know is self-taught and experimental, as well as reading forums, and informational sites... I am also a chef of the i910 (Omnia 1 US version) which was self taught too. I worked a bit on the "Andromnia" project and had it running although way worse than what the alpha brought to O2...

I may not have much going, but I'll work hard with what I got!

nahyah

nahyah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
soo.. heres how far i've got.

Dusted off my old laptop,
Installed Ubuntu 10.10
Apt-get'ed all the packages i'd need according to the guide on kandroid.org
git'ed froyo aosp source
git'ed Samsung Spica froyo source
added/removed some binaries to see if i can get it to at least boot.
compiled "something" it took like 3 hours...
I have a ramdisk.img on /out/target/product/generic folder.

and now i don't know what to do.

help...????

almar

almar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

soo.. heres how far i've got.

Dusted off my old laptop,
Installed Ubuntu 10.10
Apt-get'ed all the packages i'd need according to the guide on kandroid.org
git'ed froyo aosp source
git'ed Samsung Spica froyo source
added/removed some binaries to see if i can get it to at least boot.
compiled "something" it took like 3 hours...
I have a ramdisk.img on /out/target/product/generic folder.

and now i don't know what to do.

help...????

Guys I need a lot of haret logs & memory dumps from you to adjust our version to i920. I need you guys to do the following. Get yourself the latest haret version. Get yourself dropbox (preferaby via my twitter). And compress all the logs & dumps in to one file and dropbox them to me (email me the link). If you dont understand something, before emailing me ask for support from others here. Im very busy at the moment so i'm time managing.

start haret --> listen to connection
connect with telnet to it (telnet 169.254.2.1 9999(

dump mmu --> name this output mmulog.txt

Then I added an xps with all the regs I need (this is a lot of work). What you need to do is pick the reg out of the xps for example:
you take APLL_LOCK and put it nicely in excel, then you do in haret:
pdump 0x7e00F000 4 --> you paste this register after the APLL_LOCK
You can speed up the process by dumping multiple regs at once for examople to dump the first 4 registers you do: pdump 0x7e00F000 16

Then you make a nice excel file and put this also in the compressed folder.

Then you have to add some registers manually to the file above:

VIDCON0 0x77100000 R/W Video control 0 register 0x0000_0000
VIDCON1 0x77100004 R/W Video control 1 register 0x0000_0000
VIDCON2 0x77100008 R/W Video control 2 register 0x0000_0000
VIDTCON0 0x77100010 R/W Video time control 0 register 0x0000_0000
VIDTCON1 0x77100014 R/W Video time control 1 register 0x0000_0000
VIDTCON2 0x77100018 R/W Video time control 2 register 0x0000_0000
WINCON0 0x77100020 R/W Window control 0 register 0x0000_0000
WINCON1 0x77100024 R/W Window control 1 register 0x0000_0000
WINCON2 0x77100028 R/W Window control 2 register 0x0000_0000
WINCON3 0x7710002C R/W Window control 3 register 0x0000_0000
WINCON4 0x77100030 R/W Window control 4 register 0x0000_0000

Ok finally I need a memdump. But before I can do this I must know something about the memory settings. Once you've done all the above do this: (if it crashes doing this, this is a symptom I should know about).
PWF 0x50000000 memdump1.rom 128*1024*1024
PWF 0x60000000 memdump2.rom 80*1024*1024
PWF 0x50000000 memdump3.rom 208*1024*1024

Then dropbox me all this and notify this by email ( i dont read this or any other topic for that matter at the moment much)

Good luck,

If you dont succeed this (alltogether with multiple people) email me.

Almar

dropbox regs.xps http://dl.dropbox.co...746515/regs.xps
dropbox haret http://dl.dropbox.co...6515/haret2.exe

Edited by almar, 01 February 2011 - 05:34 PM.

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts
  • Devices:i920 Omnia 2

Guys I need a lot of haret logs & memory dumps from you to adjust our version to i920. I need you guys to do the following. Get yourself the latest haret version. Get yourself dropbox (preferaby via my twitter). And compress all the logs & dumps in to one file and dropbox them to me (email me the link). If you dont understand something, before emailing me ask for support from others here. Im very busy at the moment so i'm time managing.

start haret --> listen to connection
connect with telnet to it (telnet 169.254.2.1 9999(

dump mmu --> name this output mmulog.txt

Then I added an xps with all the regs I need (this is a lot of work). What you need to do is pick the reg out of the xps for example:
you take APLL_LOCK and put it nicely in excel, then you do in haret:
pdump 0x7e00F000 4 --> you paste this register after the APLL_LOCK
You can speed up the process by dumping multiple regs at once for examople to dump the first 4 registers you do: pdump 0x7e00F000 16

Then you make a nice excel file and put this also in the compressed folder.

Then you have to add some registers manually to the file above:

VIDCON0 0x77100000 R/W Video control 0 register 0x0000_0000
VIDCON1 0x77100004 R/W Video control 1 register 0x0000_0000
VIDCON2 0x77100008 R/W Video control 2 register 0x0000_0000
VIDTCON0 0x77100010 R/W Video time control 0 register 0x0000_0000
VIDTCON1 0x77100014 R/W Video time control 1 register 0x0000_0000
VIDTCON2 0x77100018 R/W Video time control 2 register 0x0000_0000
WINCON0 0x77100020 R/W Window control 0 register 0x0000_0000
WINCON1 0x77100024 R/W Window control 1 register 0x0000_0000
WINCON2 0x77100028 R/W Window control 2 register 0x0000_0000
WINCON3 0x7710002C R/W Window control 3 register 0x0000_0000
WINCON4 0x77100030 R/W Window control 4 register 0x0000_0000

Ok finally I need a memdump. But before I can do this I must know something about the memory settings. Once you've done all the above do this: (if it crashes doing this, this is a symptom I should know about).
PWF 0x50000000 memdump1.rom 128*1024*1024
PWF 0x60000000 memdump2.rom 80*1024*1024
PWF 0x50000000 memdump3.rom 208*1024*1024

Then dropbox me all this and notify this by email ( i dont read this or any other topic for that matter at the moment much)

Good luck,

If you dont succeed this (alltogether with multiple people) email me.

Almar

dropbox regs.xps http://dl.dropbox.co...746515/regs.xps
dropbox haret http://dl.dropbox.co...6515/haret2.exe

wow I'ma eat my words, as almar sure looks like he wants to help out us CDMA guys! If my wife wasn't using the phone (almost constantly) I'd jump on this.

nahyah

nahyah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
I got the MMU dump easy enough, but I dont understand the next part "What you need to do is pick the reg out of the xps" Guys? any ideas??

nickmo20

nickmo20

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
@Almar, could i dump my ROM to my SD card and give you the entire ROM dump? or would that be useless? Or might you use an i920 Kitchen with OEM/SYS/ROM folders... I believe they could provide all the drivers needed.

I'm not quite a pro with haret but i'll give it a shot, i've got time coming up this weekend. hope to have some good news.

almar

almar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

@Almar, could i dump my ROM to my SD card and give you the entire ROM dump? or would that be useless? Or might you use an i920 Kitchen with OEM/SYS/ROM folders... I believe they could provide all the drivers needed.

I'm not quite a pro with haret but i'll give it a shot, i've got time coming up this weekend. hope to have some good news.

Wouldnt help. Just need these things.

fire3element

fire3element

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i920, Motorola Droid X
Alamar, could you post the zImage from both folders in the beta release in a non-compressed format?

I downloaded the alpha release from post #1 here: http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=672794
It got me past the Jumping to Kernel message, but comes up with a Kernel Panic "Can not open SD card" or something like that.
I have played around with the default.txt values, and I get many different errors with different Set cmdline values.

Let me try the uncompressed zImage first before you get to far in the game. Maybe it might get us i920 users past the Jumping to Kernel message and get you more precise feedback.
Thanks.

nahyah

nahyah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

@nickmo20. Im almost done getting the memory dumps. Would you mind comparing your output with mine when you are finished? I just want to make sure we get consistent data.

almar

almar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

@nickmo20. Im almost done getting the memory dumps. Would you mind comparing your output with mine when you are finished? I just want to make sure we get consistent data.

Great work!

I think you can boot the alpha, but it is too much work to figure everything out for me at the moment but you reminded me of something I forgot. I also need to know which sd channels are used. So I add these registers to the ones I have. You can have different outputs.

PWRCON0 0x7C200029 R/W Present State Register (Channel 0) 0x0
PWRCON1 0x7C300029 R/W Present State Register (Channel 1) 0x0
PWRCON2 0x7C400029 R/W Present State Register (Channel 2) 0x0

elbee72

elbee72

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i8000, HTC Desire

Great work!

I think you can boot the alpha, but it is too much work to figure everything out for me at the moment but you reminded me of something I forgot. I also need to know which sd channels are used. So I add these registers to the ones I have. You can have different outputs.

PWRCON0 0x7C200029 R/W Present State Register (Channel 0) 0x0
PWRCON1 0x7C300029 R/W Present State Register (Channel 1) 0x0
PWRCON2 0x7C400029 R/W Present State Register (Channel 2) 0x0

At http://code.google.c...iki/FindingGPIO some people are busy making the B7610 android port up and running with a modified I8000 port. This phone is probably more simular to I8000 than I920, but a lot of same techniques are used. Were are not on Almar skill-level, but trying to make reverse-engineering availabe to more people. So even if you have no linux/haret skills, but like to tinker and research your phone, you can join in. You can start as easy as installing a winmo program on your i920 and find out what gpio's are different. When Almar got basic things ported/working he can use the GPIO pins you already may have found ....

You are welcome to join ....

For info about Android port to I8000 Omnia 2 (like) winmo phones you can visit http://code.google.com/p/omnia2droid/

xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Interests:Women, Linux, Computing - In that Order.
  • Devices:Razr Maxx
  • Twitter:@xlightwaverx

At http://code.google.c...iki/FindingGPIO some people are busy making the B7610 android port up and running with a modified I8000 port. This phone is probably more simular to I8000 than I920, but a lot of same techniques are used. Were are not on Almar skill-level, but trying to make reverse-engineering availabe to more people. So even if you have no linux/haret skills, but like to tinker and research your phone, you can join in. You can start as easy as installing a winmo program on your i920 and find out what gpio's are different. When Almar got basic things ported/working he can use the GPIO pins you already may have found ....

You are welcome to join ....

I'm a BIG linux fan. It's what ruined all my relationships because I had to tinker with it so much. :P Let me know what you need.

X

GTalk/Email: xlightwaverx[@]gmail.com | Android Development | CrackFlasher Downloads
Posted Image

elbee72

elbee72

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

I'm a BIG linux fan. It's what ruined all my relationships because I had to tinker with it so much. :P Let me know what you need.

X

you could first try the GPIOgfx program on the link above, curious if it supports the i920. Than fiddle with it. Than report some findings in that wiki site.
If you want to play more, try to get output for the requests almar made.

For info about Android port to I8000 Omnia 2 (like) winmo phones you can visit http://code.google.com/p/omnia2droid/

nickmo20

nickmo20

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
So, i'm not sure if this is considered getting beta to run on i920 or not, but alpha used 'image' instead of zImage' and then changed default.txt. and loaded it the way beta version describes and i got it to boot android on my i920.

The downsides, it's landscape support only, it's very laggy, and of course no driver support (but that's expected.) Sorry for the delay, as i have recently jumped on the O2 bandwagon, and this may be old news to some/most....

elbee72

elbee72

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

So, i'm not sure if this is considered getting beta to run on i920 or not, but alpha used 'image' instead of zImage' and then changed default.txt. and loaded it the way beta version describes and i got it to boot android on my i920.

The downsides, it's landscape support only, it's very laggy, and of course no driver support (but that's expected.) Sorry for the delay, as i have recently jumped on the O2 bandwagon, and this may be old news to some/most....

Does this mean you got the i8000 beta work on i920 but without SD-card support?
Did you run it with a ramdisk (like the alpha) or made a ext2 part on MyStorage?
Not clear to me how and to what extend you got the beta to work.

nickmo20

nickmo20

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Does this mean you got the i8000 beta work on i920 but without SD-card support?
Did you run it with a ramdisk (like the alpha) or made a ext2 part on MyStorage?
Not clear to me how and to what extend you got the beta to work.

I do have a memory card, but i'll have to remove it, and then test it out... I'm at work now on lunch, but maybe i could do it tonight or tomorrow. Yes, as far as I know, it IS beta! but NOT very functional!

the sandman

the sandman

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia i920

I do have a memory card, but i'll have to remove it, and then test it out... I'm at work now on lunch, but maybe i could do it tonight or tomorrow. Yes, as far as I know, it IS beta! but NOT very functional!

Wow thats great! One step closer!

Samsung Omnia II i920

fire3element

fire3element

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i920, Motorola Droid X
@nickmo20: would you mind sharing the details of how you got it to work?

Here is what I did:
Downloaded Beta
Downloaded Alpha
Unpacked Beta to default location (root of My Storage)
Unzipped Alpha on desktop, then copy Image to both root of My Storage and 02beta folder.
Opened default.txt (root MyStorage and in 02beta folder) and changed "Set kernel" from zImage to Image. (note, I did not actually remove the zImage from either location)
Ran Haret.exe from 02beta folder
Process begins, but eventually ends up in a kernel panic (comes up with error "fdisk: cant't open '/dev/block/mmcblk1' ")

let me post the exact transcript of what comes up on my screen:

Welcome to Android Install on Samsung Omnia II

mmc0: new MMC card at address 0001
mmcblk0: mmc0:0001 M8G4DD 7.65 GiB
mmcblk0: p1 < p5 >
Creating block devices...
Creating other devices...
Mounting internal SD memory as mmcblk0p5...
Internal FLASH mounted.
Preparing SD card ...
Empty SD card ...
fdisk: can't open '/dev/block/mmcblk1'
mkfs.vfat: can't open '/dev/block/mmcblk1' : No such device or address
Not enough space on SD card...
Kernel Panic - not syncing: Attemted to kill init!
Backtrace:
yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada
blankidy blank blank
oasiudfh a osidfh aos iguh io awu er htoq ywbh gasigp ahfashdb oic uhvl awegf uwi bvf
and so on...

Rebooting in 30 seconds...

Then I get right back into WinSlo.
Funny thing is, my SD card is a Kingston Micro SD HC, 4GB, Class 4. The text above reads that the phone is reporting my SD Card as 7.65 GiB. (and yes the card is empty, have formatted in Windows 2 times)
I have tried running Haret.exe from MyStorage right after this, but it hangs on r4 r5 under "kernel_init_0x0 something, something"
I tried going back and running Haret from both locations again, but no dice.

Does this have anything to do with the very first message you get after you hit RUN in Haret?
It shows:

HARET boot
Shutting down hardware
Turning of MMU
In preloader
PSR 60000df
Kernel relocated
Initrd Relocated

Is this normal? Sometimes the lines "Turning of MMU" through "PSR 600000df" are all jumbled up together on one line and you can't read it. Next time its ok, then bad the next. ??? LoL

@nickmo20, what ROM are you on? Also, what SD card do you have? (brand name, size, speed class)

Hope some of this info is helpful.

elbee72

elbee72

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

@nickmo20: would you mind sharing the details of how you got it to work?

Here is what I did:
Downloaded Beta
Downloaded Alpha
Unpacked Beta to default location (root of My Storage)
Unzipped Alpha on desktop, then copy Image to both root of My Storage and 02beta folder.

why replace beta kernel/zImage with old alpha kernel?
old kernel has only little support and no support for SD-card as far as i know
this would explain why the Mounting internal (k0) SD memory as mmcblk0p5 succeeded and the mounting of external (k1) SD-memory / SD-card (/dev/block/mmcblk1) was not succesfull.

Mounting internal SD memory as mmcblk0p5...
Internal FLASH mounted.

fdisk: can't open '/dev/block/mmcblk1'
mkfs.vfat: can't open '/dev/block/mmcblk1' : No such device or address

* If all but external SD-card support works with latest beta-kernel, you could make a combo with old installer (to make ramdisk on fat) and new kernel/rootfs. Some linux skills needed, but should not be so hard (mounting image file on linux box and replacing old alpha rootfs with new rootfs, and change init.rc for mounting?).

* Also installing on ext2 partition on MyStorage could be possible, but this is more tricky. I8000 models have different types of partitioning, and you can easy screw up internal SD and the recovery partition used for hard reset.

* An alternative path is making SD-card support work on i920, but that will need haret logs like Almar requested.

Could you try the new kernel and give some logs/findings?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users