Windows Phone 7 ported to Dell Streak?

Guest Terrigno

Windows Phone 7 is closed source, running on a heavily modified Windows CE Kernel. Getting the drivers to work would be near impossible, and even then it would be illegal to distribute.

Guest offthahorse

windows 7 is a disappointment at the moment anyway, until they finish it.

im the biggest fan of competition, the biggest hater of iphones and apple, and once was the biggest supporter of windows phones.

this OS is still lacking though. for example, you can not add ringtones, period. you must use what came installed already

Guest chrisrotolo

windows 7 is a disappointment at the moment anyway, until they finish it.

im the biggest fan of competition, the biggest hater of iphones and apple, and once was the biggest supporter of windows phones.

this OS is still lacking though. for example, you can not add ringtones, period. you must use what came installed already

[/quote

ther are a few nice windows themes one for adw

Guest 80sLoveCHILD

What do u mean by this? U can use any sound file you like for a ringtone cant you?

Guest offthahorse
What do u mean by this? U can use any sound file you like for a ringtone cant you?

you sure can, as long as that sound was already on the phone when you opened the box

edit: straight from the horses mouth

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-u...and-sounds.aspx

scroll to the very bottom

Edited by offthahorse

Guest sukh singh

They said it would never come to the HD2...and it has...said it was too much effort blah blah blah...I say bullshit to the word never...theres always a way

Guest rahulkadukar
It didn't come to hd2 officialy offcourse...

neither did android!! LOL

Power of the community!!

Well I am sure the OP was not asking if it was going to come officially, it has to come unofficially. Time to get a second hand HD2, the cheapest WP7 phone :lol:

Guest Acky1337

Streak would be the right device for windows 7 phone, but it`s still way behind of what we would want - for example as I know it cannot multi-task :lol:

far as I know the streak wasn't used as a development device by microsoft for their wiphoneos, whereas the hd2 was used for quite a lot of the early development.

The build that's out there was built for the hd2, its not going to happen here.

• 1 month later...
Guest the.mister.D
A very good alternative

Hey Rahulbhai, Can you give us some more details on this? Is this been ported or work in progress?

Thanks.

Anand

Edited by the.mister.D

Guest rahulkadukar
Hey Rahulbhai, Can you give us some more details on this? Is this been ported or work in progress?

Thanks.

Anand

Anand this is "Launcher 7" this is no WIP :( enjoy and watch people's reactions :D

Guest Brucealeg

I thought I read the Streak hardware matches the WP7 platform pretty close, so a port is possible if someone had the desire. Need a WP7 dev type with a Streak to want it. I wish we could get a port to give us more options like the HD2 has. I like my Streak, but Android is just an ok OS. WP7 isn't really better today, but its something else to play with. The lack of any type of 3rd party multitasking sucks.

Guest synaptic.flaws
far as I know the streak wasn't used as a development device by microsoft for their wiphoneos, whereas the hd2 was used for quite a lot of the early development.

The build that's out there was built for the hd2, its not going to happen here.

fards? how exactly do you pronounce "wiphoneos" ?