10 replies to this topic

athanaso77

athanaso77

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
Has anyone tried Sygic Aura 2.1.2 on Acer Liquid Metal;

It is successfully installed but it doen't respond correctly and the screen keeps flickering! :) :lol:

Anyone else using it?

Edited by athanaso77, 23 January 2011 - 01:16 PM.

jopeck

jopeck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Devices:lg optimus 2x p990
Yes i have same things, i'm running under metalounay and kernel oc 1,5 but it's the same.

one thing, the 3D maps are awfull :lol: :)

athanaso77

athanaso77

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
Yeap, the screen keeps blinking all the time and aura is not usable! :lol:

What is the free rom (not ram) that you have with metalounay firmware?

Edited by athanaso77, 23 January 2011 - 09:13 PM.

jopeck

jopeck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Devices:lg optimus 2x p990
the free rom at the install is around 100 meg, after that :) there's the a2sd :lol:

athanaso77

athanaso77

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

the free rom at the install is around 100 meg, after that :) there's the a2sd :lol:

Yeap! I have already tried it and definitely is the best rom so far for liquid mt!

Has anyone else tried Sygic Aura? I guess that there is just an incompatibility issue here!

chris_kozani

chris_kozani

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Devices:acer liquid metal
aura will work if we disable hardware accelleration. if you want to try it with your responsibility,you must be rooted and then go with root explorer to /system/ open build.prop and in the line debug.sf.hw=1 change to 0 and make reboot.now aura works but device is slower.so when you finish with aura,enable again hw acceleration. i think that for now is the only solution for aura.i hope that someone will find a better solution

Edited by chris_kozani, 30 January 2011 - 03:56 PM.

athanaso77

athanaso77

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

aura will work if we disable hardware accelleration. if you want to try it with your responsibility,you must be rooted and then go with root explorer to /system/ open build.prop and in the line debug.sf.hw=1 change to 0 and make reboot.now aura works but device is slower.so when you finish with aura,enable again hw acceleration. i think that for now is the only solution for aura.i hope that someone will find a better solution

Hm... i am aware of that solution but i don't want to follow that. It's unfair to disable hardware acceleration of this device. Maybe we can wait for a better solution as you said!

chris_kozani

chris_kozani

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Devices:acer liquid metal
i agree with you.without hardware acceleration you cant even play angry birds. ;) after five minutes game freezes. it is like we have zte blade without it.
so i enabled it again and i am using igomyway

athanaso77

athanaso77

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

so i enabled it again and i am using igomyway

iGO My Way, NDrive, even Sygic Mobile Maps works flawlessly on this device! So you are right... we are waiting for a patch or something!

athanaso77

athanaso77

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
Finally i contacted the aura technical team and after some tests we concluded that Aura is not compatible with Liquid Metal. They will look into it in order to find a solution for the next version.

Step4n

Step4n

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:Acer Liquid Metal
aura works great on leaked 2.3.3 :mellow: , but navigon does not :o

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users