Issues with root access

Guest MacDaddy89

Guest MacDaddy89

I'm fairly new to the Android Rooting / ROM scene and I've run into a bit of an issue that I'm hoping someone here can help with.

I've successfully rooted my HTC Legend (2.1 at the time) and installed a custom ROM (Froyo r4 baked using the online kitchen). When trying to use Titanium Backup, the application indicates that Root access failed. Going into SuperUser, it says that Titanium Backup was given root access.

I then tried verifying that I had root access by opening a shell using ConnectBot (connected to local). I received the following responses:

$ whoami
whoami: permission denied
$ busybox ls -l /data/data/ | busybox wc -l
busybox: permission denied[/codebox]

I didn't get a popup from SuperUser asking to allow the root access and it doesn't indicate that a request occured.

If anyone could shed any light on the problem and point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Mac

Edited by MacDaddy89

Guest MacDaddy89

I've figured out the issue I was having...

Titanium Backup needed an update to busybox applied (done by selecting problems on the main screen) before it would properly obtain root access.

That said, I'm still not getting root through ConnectBot. I don't see a way tell SuperUser to allow root access for that app and I can't figure out how to get ConnectBot to request it.

This isn't really a problem for me now (I was only using it to verify that I had root) but I'd be interested to find out of there is a way to grant root access to a specific app or to force an app to ask for root access.

Thanks

Mac