MoDaCo Custom r1 Beta discussion archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest emolock

Cheers Paul, just flashed the rom.

everything runs good what i noticed so far.

only thing ive seen is some graphic glitch when i turn on the device.

Keep up the food work and looking forward to your updates.

Guest sts_fin

Hey Paul,

Could you add a Wii-mote supporting bluetooth stack to the rom? (afaik CM has one). It would be nice to get real use for the video-out function with the emulators and a Wiimote.

Guest nmesisca

hi Paul,

thank you very much for your hard work!

Decided to go ahead and flash both the EXT4 kernel and your Beta1

Everything ok.. but I dont seem to be able to charge the tab anymore from USB.. am I missing some obvious setting or is anyone else seeing this too?

UPDATE: think I found another bug, I dont seem to be able to set/unset Auto Brightness when playing a video with the default video player.. anyone else?

thanks,

N

Edited by nmesisca

Guest stevenz
hi Paul,

thank you very much for your hard work!

Decided to go ahead and flash both the EXT4 kernel and your Beta1

Everything ok.. but I dont seem to be able to charge the tab anymore from USB.. am I missing some obvious setting or is anyone else seeing this too?

Known bug.

UPDATE: think I found another bug, I dont seem to be able to set/unset Auto Brightness when playing a video with the default video player.. anyone else?

Pretty sure it's not an MCR issue, it's a JME issue. For some bizarre reason they disabled that option in the more recent video player. It's a nuisance.

Edited by stevenz

Thanks Paul,

Beta ROM installed using simple recovery boot. Seems to work very well. Would have been even better if I'd remembered to do a full Titanium backup first! Now I'm trying to remember all my apps, and have lost a few of the Samsung apps like Financial Times and Movies - and these don't seem to be listed in the Samsung apps site any more, though I haven't looked very hard.

Looking forward to the proper MCR so that I can set the tab up with just the things I use and need.

Good to see Gallery working much faster, along with the other general performance improvements.

Jonathan

Guest bigthunderkid
Keep up the food work and looking forward to your updates.

"the food work"??? You must be enjoying the tasty treats that Paul has been cooking up :lol:

Guest Edzilla
Thanks Paul,

Beta ROM installed using simple recovery boot. Seems to work very well. Would have been even better if I'd remembered to do a full Titanium backup first! Now I'm trying to remember all my apps, and have lost a few of the Samsung apps like Financial Times and Movies - and these don't seem to be listed in the Samsung apps site any more, though I haven't looked very hard.

Looking forward to the proper MCR so that I can set the tab up with just the things I use and need.

Good to see Gallery working much faster, along with the other general performance improvements.

Jonathan

I have my tab (and my HTC desire) set to make an auto-backup of all my apps everyday at 3AM. That way, I lose at most a day of apps/data if I make a mistake or if I drop the device.

Guest nico1375

Everything ok.. but I dont seem to be able to charge the tab anymore from USB..

Wow, it used to be possible for you?

Because I never could, and I read several times it was not possible due to low usb plug power on a computer...

What computer do you use?

Maybe it's because I use a laptop and then usb plugs are under-powered...?

Another thing : has anyone been able to compare roto jme v4 and MCR ?

Because my tab is very fast with roto jme v4, and I'm afraid if I use MCR it starts to fly away ;-)

Cheers

nico

Guest trektech

Because I never could, and I read several times it was not possible due to low usb plug power on a computer...

Because my tab is very fast with roto jme v4, and I'm afraid if I use MCR it starts to fly away ;-)

Cheers

nico

yes you can charge thru USB but it takes time ... 6 to 8 hrs.. lol

Guest nmesisca

Cheers

nico

Yeah it use to charge over USB.

Using a laptop Acer 5542.

Not a big deal but sometimes USB is the only thing I have around..

Guest nico1375
Yeah it use to charge over USB.

Using a laptop Acer 5542.

Not a big deal but sometimes USB is the only thing I have around..

Of course, it's very convenient to be able to charge over usb...

Didn't you have the sign barred in the status bar, meaning it was plugged but not charging?

Guest blaze23

just installed along with the custom kernel and am very impressed with the speed increase, however i have noticed something odd, the blue border in the email app , browser and the blue background on pop up windows is a different blue to before, it looks sort of washed out , this is also true of the green brightness adjustment bar in the notifications window. anybody else getting this, does the rom have a different theme to the defualt uk version, or do i just need to change the saturation settings?

just installed along with the custom kernel and am very impressed with the speed increase, however i have noticed something odd, the blue border in the email app , browser and the blue background on pop up windows is a different blue to before, it looks sort of washed out , this is also true of the green brightness adjustment bar in the notifications window. anybody else getting this, does the rom have a different theme to the defualt uk version, or do i just need to change the saturation settings?

Its definitely a colour change theme wise, not the display settings. Even Paul's screenshot has the newer colours.

Guest nico1375

is the md5 on first post up to date?

I have a different one.

And since I have a veeeeery slow internet connection, I'd like to be sure before spending 2 hours to DL another one...

also to flash the cwm recovery on an euro tab, which one should I select? T-mobile?

Edited by nico1375

Guest Edzilla
Of course, it's very convenient to be able to charge over usb...

Didn't you have the sign barred in the status bar, meaning it was plugged but not charging?

Yes, it says it doesn't charge, but in reality it does. My tab spends the day plugged into my laptop, and charges just fine (but very very slowly)

Guest scotch whisky

I have just flashed the beta.

Don't have any problems yet but I have only had the Galaxy Tab for about 4 hours.

Rooted using - Z4Root - No issues

Flashed the custom kernel - No issues.

Flashed the beta ROM - No issues.

Doesn't mean that there aren't an problems but a fantastic start for me!

I also have a HTC Desire loaded with Paul's ROM.

Very well done Paul.

Guest scotch whisky
anyone?

Use Paul's custom EXT4 kernel which includes Clockworkmod recovery. Then just boot into recovery. You don't need ROM manager which does not appear to work with a Euro tab.