Photo

Changing the frequency of the HTC Desire HD?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

ken0429ng

ken0429ng

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Is it possibe to change the frequency that the Desire HD uses?
I just got an HTC Desire HD but it apparently doesn't use the same frequency as my other phone did so I'm stuck on insanely slow EDGE.

I know this request may sound a little odd but I'm desperate to change it.

At the moment the frequency is: HSPA/WCDMA: 900/2100 MHz
And I need to get to: 850/1900MHz

I saw that you can apperently flash "Radios", is this what is needed? What exactly would flashing a Radio do?

If anyone could help me here it would be GREATLY appreciated, I mean what's a smartphone without 3G internet?

Edit: I just realized that both Rogers and the HTC Desire HD share the 1900 frequency, is there any way I could enable the 3G on that frequency?

Wild Child

Wild Child

• MoDaCo Gold
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Devices:HD2,Desire HD,X10a,TP2
The simplest answer is no...band frequency is hardcoded from my understanding into the hardware

Is it possibe to change the frequency that the Desire HD uses?
I just got an HTC Desire HD but it apparently doesn't use the same frequency as my other phone did so I'm stuck on insanely slow EDGE.

I know this request may sound a little odd but I'm desperate to change it.

At the moment the frequency is: HSPA/WCDMA: 900/2100 MHz
And I need to get to: 850/1900MHz

I saw that you can apperently flash "Radios", is this what is needed? What exactly would flashing a Radio do?

If anyone could help me here it would be GREATLY appreciated, I mean what's a smartphone without 3G internet?

Edit: I just realized that both Rogers and the HTC Desire HD share the 1900 frequency, is there any way I could enable the 3G on that frequency?

Posted Image
"Knowledge is SCARY,Stupidity is REALLY frightening"
“God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble"

Jaicor

Jaicor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

The simplest answer is no...band frequency is hardcoded from my understanding into the hardware

It seems I'm in the exact same predicament, but here (Australia) the Telstra 3G network (900/2100MHz) has crap coverage, and I need it to be the Telstra Next G network (850/2100MHz)

Come on all you tech-heads, there must be a way!

Help Help Help!!!!!

LoneThread

LoneThread

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire HD
This question would be much better asked on XDA-Developers, heres the link to the appropriate forum http://forum.xda-dev...splay.php?f=754
You will get a much better reply about this there.

Posted Image
  Three UK "One Plan" - Unlimited Internet (NO FUP)
     Posted Image
     ^^ Have I Helped You? If so click Above ^^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users