Quickoffice HD (tablet version)

Guest extrememonkey

When I download the link It Is already a .apk so no need to rename it. I uninstalled the quickoffice that was originally on there and then installed the quickoffice.apk but for me It's exactly the same application. No little HD at all. This is weird that you got a zip file as on my screen it shows as an apk.

Any chance someone could email me the zip?

The HD bit threw me off as well as when I went into the app it wasnt there! To confirm whether or not you have installed the correct version go to about within the app and it should say something like this: Quickoffice 1.0.1 - Tablet

By the way, the HD bit should be on the app icon (its very small)

Must be smething wrong with my eyes because I still can't see the HD at all. Just double checked and the version has changed so It must have worked. Thanks guys :lol:

Guest extrememonkey

If you download it directly on your Streak the file will be .apk if you dOwnload to a pc it will probably be .zip

If .zip rename to .apk and transfer to your Streak.

Before you run the .apk you must uninstall any previous installs....

Now I believe Steve includes one in his rom (maybe wrong here), and also I believe the Streak came with a demo version in Stock. All I know is that I had to uninstall two versions prior to install of HD

I used a app called uninstaller for root to get rid of both versions - rebooted and installed the goodness of Quickoffice HD

Edited because swype can't spiel...

Edited by extrememonkey

Can some one confrim that they are able to edit documents..

When i try to press and hold on an open documents ( to get the editing menu) it force closes...

IF its working for u , can some one also confirm thepermissions on the file in the app folder

Guest LorD CLockaN
thanks to all. do I have to root the streak before installing this app?

To remove stock apps like QuickOffice, yes I thimk that you need to be rooted!

You can root Streak with superoneclick from XDA forum, and do the install, and then unroot the streak with the same superoneclick

Guest zigzagindex
To remove stock apps like QuickOffice, yes I thimk that you need to be rooted!

You can root Streak with superoneclick from XDA forum, and do the install, and then unroot the streak with the same superoneclick

Thanks very much for your advice, will have a try later!

Can some one confrim that they are able to edit documents..

When i try to press and hold on an open documents ( to get the editing menu) it force closes...

IF its working for u , can some one also confirm thepermissions on the file in the app folder

anybody please

Guest ClippinWings
anybody please

Confirmed

Streakdroid 1.6.1, Created, saved, opened, edited, saved, opened

Permissions: rw-r--r--

Edited by ClippinWings

Confirmed

Streakdroid 1.6.1, Created, saved, opened, edited, saved, opened

Permissions: rw-r--r--

Can u tell me what happens when u press and hold on an open document. Does the edit menu pop up ?

• 2 weeks later...
A menu pops up that has among other things a choice for input method.

It definitely allows for editing. :-)

Just cant get the menu to pop up when i press for editing.

App runs fine but when i press inside the document to bring up the editing menu , the document force closes

Edited by Gopu

Guest Roperband
Just cant get the menu to pop up when i press for editing.

App runs fine but when i press inside the document to bring up the editing menu , the document force closes

Did anyone figure out a fix? Mine still does the exact same thing as Gopu said.

Did anyone figure out a fix? Mine still does the exact same thing as Gopu said.

Some people have mentioned that it worked fine for them.. So i guess we are minority..

I have tired on different phones and different firmwares and all of them cause the same

Guest popetodd

Have you removed both of the quickoffice apk's?

One is passionquickoffice (I think, look for passion in the /system/app directory) and having both may be the problem.

I deleted both and then placed the new quickoffice.apk in the /system/app directory and it works fine for me.

Had to make it rw-r--r-- to make it work though, make sure you do that as well.

Guest Roperband
Have you removed both of the quickoffice apk's?

One is passionquickoffice (I think, look for passion in the /system/app directory) and having both may be the problem.

I deleted both and then placed the new quickoffice.apk in the /system/app directory and it works fine for me.

Had to make it rw-r--r-- to make it work though, make sure you do that as well.

Well, I did all of that and it still FC's on a long press. :D