ClockWorkMod recovery 3.0.0.5 (download)

Guest mr.a

Today, CWM recovery 3.0.0.5 was released for the Huawei Ascend.

I thought that it might have been possible to directly flash this on the Pulse as well.

This did not work at all.

I modified the recovery image for the Ascend to include the kernel from CWM recovery 2.5.0.4

for the Pulse.( It still contains the ramdisk of the Ascend)

I flashed this modified image and it all seems to be working.

( However) I had an issue with trying to get the sd-ext to mount. (this issue was sometimes present in CWM 2.5.0.4 for me as well. the same might be true for this recovery.

NOTE: This recovery will not install zips that make use of the old update-sript, you will need zips with the new updater-script (coupled with update-binary) in order to install them

recovery_3.0.0.5_pulse.img

Just download the image and then flash it through fastboot:

fastboot flash recovery recovery_3.0.0.5_pulse.img

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANYTHING HAPPENS TO YOUR PHONE. it worked for me. so.

post-679807-1296065790_thumb.png post-679807-1296065794_thumb.png post-679807-1296065799_thumb.png post-679807-1296065807_thumb.png post-679807-1296065811_thumb.png post-679807-1296065819_thumb.png

Edited by mr.a

Guest eckengucker1

you can now e.g. format the sd card directly, fix permissions and so on. Seems CWR has now all the armonra features.

Edited by eckengucker1

Guest Boony123

fastboot flash recovery recovery-3.0.0.5-pulse.img

should be

fastboot flash recovery recovery_3.0.0.5_pulse.img

nice job waiting on my code to unlock the phone then will install an play :)

added into a nice zip for lazy people :lol:

clockwork_3.0.0.5_pulse.zip

Edited by Boony123

Guest Boony123

on the app "Rom Manager" there is 3.0.0.7 hmm :lol:

edit. sorry that was the rom manager version lol there clockwork is still 2.5.0.4 for the pulse

Edited by Boony123

I finally got around to flashing this today. Looks pretty and the new features are of course nice as well.

BUT, and this is a big one, the bug that keeps sd-ext from mounting as a deal killer. I tried to do a nandroid backup and it wouldn't mount. So then sd-ext won't be backed up and won't be restored. That's kind of a problem. ;) YMMV, but I reverted to the previous version, which has never failed for me (unless the card was full, whereupon it did not warn me that the backup failed).

ZIPs like Starko's 691 MHz Kernel doesn't work.

ciao. calculate

Did you toggle the option that lets you install non-signed zips? Or was it something else?

Guest El Nino9

I thought cwm 3.xx recovery was for gingerbread as that is for ext4.the kernel will have to support that.you should try one of the last version of 2.xx

hi guys,

is there a way to prevent recovery from rolling back as soon i restart the unit? whenever i want to use the recovery i have to re-flash it again...

10x

Gal

I finally got around to flashing this today. Looks pretty and the new features are of course nice as well.

BUT, and this is a big one, the bug that keeps sd-ext from mounting as a deal killer. I tried to do a nandroid backup and it wouldn't mount. So then sd-ext won't be backed up and won't be restored. That's kind of a problem. :P YMMV, but I reverted to the previous version, which has never failed for me (unless the card was full, whereupon it did not warn me that the backup failed).

Just wondering if u have 1 extra sd card (and extra time) to try this for me:

put the other card, repartition with the new CW, install some rom and try to backup it.

I would do that, but all i have right now is my phone (the laptop is broken atm) and I need all the things I have on it.

Tnx.

• 3 months later...
Guest totiadrenalin

BUT, and this is a big one, the bug that keeps sd-ext from mounting as a deal killer. I tried to do a nandroid backup and it wouldn't mount. So then sd-ext won't be backed up and won't be restored. That's kind of a problem. :P YMMV, but I reverted to the previous version, which has never failed for me (unless the card was full, whereupon it did not warn me that the backup failed).

I think that this could be some problem with the file system type.

Try to backup all the apps you have moved into the sd-ext, as well the data stored into the SDCARD FAT32 partition.

And then re-format the SDCARD with the new Clockworkmod rom.

I think that, maybe, this could fix the problem.

Bet Regards

TOTI

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest twrock
I think that this could be some problem with the file system type.

Try to backup all the apps you have moved into the sd-ext, as well the data stored into the SDCARD FAT32 partition.

And then re-format the SDCARD with the new Clockworkmod rom.

I think that, maybe, this could fix the problem.

Bet Regards

TOTI

In the end I found that there were other serious problems with CW Recovery 3.0.0.5 on my device. I do not use it, and I do not recommend it for others. CW Recovery 2.5.0.7 works great.

Guest UTOPY
In the end I found that there were other serious problems with CW Recovery 3.0.0.5 on my device. I do not use it, and I do not recommend it for others. CW Recovery 2.5.0.7 works great.

TWROCK thank you, you confirm your tests with what I thought of this cobbled together version.

Guest mustafa_ale

same here, backup failed, ext2 cant format and mounting, cant install ROM Zip, tworck i gree with u, prefer back to 2.5.0.7

Guest ganker

I second that. I went back to 2.5.0.7 A pity, because I like the format SD card feature in 3.0.0.5 recovery.

• 1 month later...