[ROM] Honeycomb SDK Port 15.07.2011 [GEN2 only]

Guest hecatae

Guest hecatae
hecatae did you replace libsurfaceflinger?

nope :huh:

thats why it boots upside down...

I'll have a look a this later, there are libs and stuff that need changing, wrote a new build.prop, and the above change needs to be implemented the

Uncompress boot.img-ramdisk.gz

ADD the dnsproxy line in init.rc for netd daemon service

Code:

service netd /system/bin/netd

socket netd stream 0660 root system

socket dnsproxyd stream 0660 root inet <----

Recompress edited ramdisk

currently stuck, need to pull apart the boot.img provided above, roll a new kernel, add the modules.order to system/lib/modules, decompress boot.img-ramdisk.gz add the dns proxy line in init.rc recompress ramdisk, rebuild boot.img, create a new update.zip

oh and grab the corrected libsurfaceflinger.so etc

Guest hecatae
I take back my previous comment. Honeycomb looks awesome on both the desire and Nexus one!

But what about the settings and gmail, that will surely need to be changed (2.3 versions?)

we would be playing replace the apk with one that works.

I think we should concentrate on booting and network first, and look at gapps as an afterthought

the proprietary files we need to include are listed here

https://github.com/HCDRJacob/proprietary_ve...ade/proprietary

so we would need to copy these out of cm7 following the folder structure to implement in honeycomb

nope :huh:

thats why it boots upside down...

I'll have a look a this later, there are libs and stuff that need changing, wrote a new build.prop, and the above change needs to be implemented the

Uncompress boot.img-ramdisk.gz

ADD the dnsproxy line in init.rc for netd daemon service

Code:

service netd /system/bin/netd

socket netd stream 0660 root system

socket dnsproxyd stream 0660 root inet <----

Recompress edited ramdisk

currently stuck, need to pull apart the boot.img provided above, roll a new kernel, add the modules.order to system/lib/modules, decompress boot.img-ramdisk.gz add the dns proxy line in init.rc recompress ramdisk, rebuild boot.img, create a new update.zip

oh and grab the corrected libsurfaceflinger.so etc

This is great, are you using the 2.6.32 kernel? I've just downloaded it and replaced libsurfaceflinger.so and edited build.prop to include the right pixel density and the vm size, shall i flash in clockwork or fastboot?

I use clockwork, I built it using dsixda's kitchen http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=633246

It's the 2.6.32 kernel source, though the included build.prop has no dalvik vm cache so you will be stuck in a boot loop

Ok i'l remove the vm option. Is libsurfaceflinger.so the only thing i have to replace to get the screen the right why up?

Guest hecatae

@Jekle, only, one way to find out, nandroid backup current rom and flash the new one, the upload I've provided is alpha, and cant even be considered stable at present

I've also got to work through the boot.img and add the new fixes to init.rc

Edited by hecatae

Guest ivanko021
0.2 inches between the htc desire and zte blade screens http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPho...p;idPhone2=3391

same resolution, and desire already has a port with working network http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=962759

Yes but the UI is so sluggish on 1GHz ARMv7 processor. Really can't imagine what would it be on our 600MHz ARMv6s...

Guest hecatae

right built my own boot.img from the zte 2.6.32 github, made change in init.rc, made my own build.prop, added libsurfaceflinger.so and a few other proprietary files like the 3d drivers.

edit: skip that, the modified boot.img is included but I've included the wrong system folder

Edited by hecatae

Guest hecatae
Whats the difference between the 3.0 preview and the 3.0 final, sure there are bug fixes but what else?

the APIs were finalised, got an issue with the boot.img I made, drops me back to recovery. used the perfected_config from the ZTE 2.6.32 github.

the APIs were finalised, got an issue with the boot.img I made, drops me back to recovery. used the perfected_config from the ZTE 2.6.32 github.

It'll be great to see honeycomb on my blade... d'you think you can fix it?

Guest Richard_Arkless
http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...honeycomb-port/

A port has been made for ZTE Blade, I'm not sure if it is booting but im trying to raise awareness to fix problems.

Thanks

To be honest I have seen honeycomb ported on the nexus one (which has the same screen resolution) and its terrible, the ui is not made for these size screens