EDEN for VEGA

Guest Damian J

Guest Damian J

Ok as promised here is my work on getting the adam rom booting and working on the vega.

I must credit roebeet over at xda. I just took his work, fixed a few things, got it booting ETC.

PLEASE NOTE THIS IS AN EARLY RELEASE AND IT WILL ONLY BOOT ONCE. SECOND BOOT WILL BOOTLOOP. NVFLASH TO FIX. I SUSPECT WHY AND IM WORKING ON IT.

I MERELY PUT IT HERE FOR TESTING PURPOSES/FOR PEOPLE WHO WANT TO TEST EDEN.

More info to follow as I am off to bed I just thought I should share asap.

What I managed to fix:

WiFi

Sound

What doesn't work

Canvas force closes

Camera (almost working)

Power button

BTW this is a clockwork package.

Clear cache and data.

ENJOY!

EDEN for VEGA

Edited by Damian J

Guest wobblydoggy
Ok as promised here is my work on getting the adam rom booting and working on the vega.

I must credit roebeet over at xda. I just took his work, fixed a few things, got it booting ETC.

PLEASE NOTE THIS IS AN EARLY RELEASE AND IT WILL ONLY BOOT ONCE. SECOND BOOT WILL BOOTLOOP. NVFLASH TO FIX. I SUSPECT WHY AND IM WORKING ON IT.

What I managed to fix:

WiFi

Sound

What doesn't work

Canvas force closes

Camera (almost working)

Power button

ENJOY!

EDEN for VEGA

Will give it a go mate

Guest wobblydoggy
any screen shots as a taster?

Got this to boot, turned it off and on and it still worked mate just no wifi

Edited by wobblydoggy

Guest alphaola

T

Got this to boot, turned it off and on and it still worked mate just no wifi

Could you post your rom also I think someone posted instructions on how to get wifi to work somewhere in the forum

Guest wobblydoggy
Many thanks for this, did not want to install cwm but might give it a try to see this running.

This is not my rom it's Damian J's who got it off roebeet on xda

what i did:

copied the zipped eden rom posted above to my sd

put clockwork mod flash utility (located in pauls clockwork mod sticky) in C:\ANDROID\sdk\tools where my adb.exe is located and then

connected vega to adb by using usb debugging

opened cmd:

adb push recovery.img /data/local/
adb push flash_image /data/local/
adb shell chmod 4755 /data/local/flash_image
adb shell /data/local/flash_image recovery /data/local/recovery.img[/codebox]

opened recovery which was already pre-installed on r6 and it booted into clockwork mod recovery

made a nandroid backup

cleared data and cleared cache

clicked Installed from zip

let it install, then reboot

and voila

When you have finished toying just reinstall 1.08 by putting it back into APX mode (back button 2sec, powerbutton 2sec, back button) and r6 then repeat the first process of cmd and go back into recovery to restore your backup and your vega will be just how you left it

Edited by wobblydoggy

Guest wobblydoggy
it does look pretty, has to be said

Most of the Apps are downloadable no no need to flash the full rom till its useable

Sniffer,keyboard,calendar and mailed are all work on vega

Guest Damian J

hmm maybe my device has more differences to the vega than i thought. Wifi works for me. Maybe i uploaded an old package too? I will get back to you all about this...

For me, wifi and sound works..

So you have sound but no wifi?

Guest Damian J

BTW anyone know why it includes the stock music player? would have thought they would have wrote one that matched the video player..? i will try hunt down something that matches this rom a bit more..

Guest alphaola
hmm maybe my device has more differences to the vega than i thought. Wifi works for me. Maybe i uploaded an old package too? I will get back to you all about this...

For me, wifi and sound works..

So you have sound but no wifi?

No wifi and sound.

Guest shutdown
Most of the Apps are downloadable no no need to flash the full rom till its useable

Sniffer,keyboard,calendar and mailed are all work on vega

where can we get these separately?

Guest tomolewis

I tried the browser but i think there are hardware buttons we don't have? I couldn't find how to close windows or how to manage bookmarks? Nice though.

Guest wobblydoggy
I tried the browser but i think there are hardware buttons we don't have? I couldn't find how to close windows or how to manage bookmarks? Nice though.

to close windows press the tab hutton on the left in thhe middle then swipe right on the tab and it should turn red allowing you to close the tab and bookmarks are managed by holding back button down and clicking bookmarks

Guest wobblydoggy
Do you feel any disadvantage of having 512mb instead of 1gb?

EDIT: Thanks for the pics

Not really mate but didnt perform anything cpu intensive justt had a look around

Guest shutdown

i like all the apps. keyboard is a bit odd to get used to but will keep at it for a while.

Calendar is great, just wish it wouldn't crash when adding a new event

Guest roebeet

What I managed to fix:

WiFi

Sound

What doesn't work

Canvas force closes

Camera (almost working)

Power button

BTW this is a clockwork package.

Clear cache and data.

ENJOY!

EDEN for VEGA

For the camera, try to use the VEGA files for these libs (if you haven't already done so):

libnvodm_imager.so

libnvmm.so

These are the files we have to change to get the camera to work on our VEGAn mod, and also our GTAB Adam port. So it's possible that, if you do the reverse, it could work for the VEGA.

Btw, if anyone has any questions on what I've done on the GTAB Adam port, don't hesitate to PM me over in XDA. Admittedly I am not on this site very often so I might miss PM's here. Good luck!

EDIT: I downloaded the package -- I appreciate the nod in the updater-script! See my PM as well.

Edited by roebeet