Photo

Is there a 2.2 ROM with a working proximity sensor?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

tonydl

tonydl

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

My proximity sensor work well from JJ RLS 4 to 7 and 9. But I just found it not working after I install A2SD.

### added ###

I removed A2SD and it doesn't work. And I also reinstall phone.apk (extracted from JJ RLS's ROM) which makes no difference. Too bad...

Yeah somethings seems to be broken in JJ with the proximity sensor..

doubleluckstur

doubleluckstur

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4
  • Twitter:@doubleluckstur
Oh... I fixed my proximity sensor..

Nexus 4. That is all.

tonydl

tonydl

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Oh... I fixed my proximity sensor..

how?

doubleluckstur

doubleluckstur

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts
get android commander.. backup current system/app.. download zte dialler addon for rls9 (its available from JJ download page).. type in the code "*ZTE*OPENEM# (*983*673636#)".. once its in emode type '*983*0#' then at the bottom run the sensor test and click both the boxes (I did.. dont know which one fixes it) then once its complete.. replace all apps in system/app with the ones you backed up using android commander and the stock dialer should be back with fixed proximity sensor. Easy.. lol. I tested this twice and worked.. but the were both with white SF's so I'm not sure if this would work with OLED.. best thing to do is to try ;)

Hope this helps!

Edited by doubleluckstur, 29 January 2011 - 10:03 PM.

Nexus 4. That is all.

wtel

wtel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

get android commander.. backup current system/app.. download zte dialler addon for rls9 (its available from JJ download page).. type in the code "*ZTE*OPENEM# (*983*673636#)".. once its in emode type '*983*0#' then at the bottom run the sensor test and click both the boxes (I did.. dont know which one fixes it) then once its complete.. replace all apps in system/app with the ones you backed up using android commander and the stock dialer should be back with fixed proximity sensor. Easy.. lol. I tested this twice and worked.. but the were both with white SF's so I'm not sure if this would work with OLED.. best thing to do is to try ;)

Hope this helps!

I followed what you've said but it doesn't work.
When I pressed calib, it showed "Proximity Calibration OK". It showed "Proximity: yes" when I covered the sensor and "Proximity: no" when I uncovered it.
Mine is OLED

***ADDED***

Strange it works after I received a call. I was testing by calling my voicemail. Anyway it works. Thank you!

Edited by wtel, 30 January 2011 - 02:15 PM.

doubleluckstur

doubleluckstur

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

I followed what you've said but it doesn't work.
When I pressed calib, it showed "Proximity Calibration OK". It showed "Proximity: yes" when I covered the sensor and "Proximity: no" when I uncovered it.
Mine is OLED

***ADDED***

Strange it works after I received a call. I was testing by calling my voicemail. Anyway it works. Thank you!

Yeh.. if you kept the ZTE dialler (didn't replace all the system/app with the ones you backed up) the proximity report (for me) kept coming back with errors. I found that only replacing the zte dialler with the new stock dialler fixed it permanently.

Anyway I'm glad it works for OLED to ;)

Nexus 4. That is all.

eucurto

eucurto

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Devices:ZTE-Libra (sapo a5)
Thank you! The calibration did the trick!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users