Notion Ink Adam tablet apps

Guest wobblydoggy

Guest lambrettalad

Once ive downloaded the mail zip and extracted how do i push it to system/app.

when i try to move the apk file it gives the message cannot move file.

Should i move just the apk or should i move tfhe folders included in the zip as well?

Guest stevesilk51

Thanks for tip off and link.

Installed all APKs, but not browser, or Emaild.

Calendar still needs a little work as it FCs when you try to add event. Tried restarting Vega but no go. I'm sure it will be fixed.

Sniffer v.good. Like Canvas too

Thanks again, & to XDA

Is there a way to install the Mail'd app without CWM being installed?

No need for cw. I used androzip to unzip and then went straight to the apk and installed without issue. Nice app and keyboard is great!

Thanks for pointing these out.

Is there a way to install the browser so it doesnt overwrite stock one?

Guest wobblydoggy

No problem, @pdej yes I believe if you backup the original browser.apk from /system/app to your Sd card you can restore if necessary

Edited by wobblydoggy

Guest whatkatedoes

I think the browser is amazing! Its nice to use a browser clearly designed for a tablet rather than a phone! Sooo fast too. Only one issue, I cant figure out where to enter adresses, Ive had to google for pages to get to them lol.

Guest nicholson101

I agree. The browser is suberb and super fast but what seems like the address entry bar doesnt respond. I am also having to use google! Loving the keyboard too :lol:

Guest stevesilk51
I think the browser is amazing! Its nice to use a browser clearly designed for a tablet rather than a phone! Sooo fast too. Only one issue, I cant figure out where to enter adresses, Ive had to google for pages to get to them lol.

Hi Whatkatedoes,

Try top left red button, brings up address bar if that's what you are looking for?

EDIT: Have to tap on bar and go via text insert :lol:

Regards

Steve

Edited by stevesilk51

Guest wobblydoggy
Hi Whatkatedoes,

Try top left red button, brings up address bar if that's what you are looking for?

EDIT: Have to tap on bar and go via text insert :lol:

Regards

Steve

Just to reiterate, It works Very well on the vega great for 4od!

Edited by wobblydoggy

Guest 2old2mould

The Calendar doesnt work so well for me, FCs when going from month to Agenda, and when adding event as discussed before. Also very jerky after a while when scrolling across the dates.

Mail'd looks very cool although it seems to be constantly synching. Has anyone worked out how to Copy and Paste from it? I get quite a few postcodes and phone numbers in emails which I need to copy and if it doesn't have that functionality it's not going to be that useful.

Sniffer is great, very clear. Canvas too.

Browser works well and I like the left hand side buttons, very easy to use. I suspect there may be an issue with the page tabs though. Instead of going to the page when selected the browser closes them. Anyone else had that issue?

202m

Guest wobblydoggy
The Calendar doesnt work so well for me, FCs when going from month to Agenda, and when adding event as discussed before. Also very jerky after a while when scrolling across the dates.

Mail'd looks very cool although it seems to be constantly synching. Has anyone worked out how to Copy and Paste from it? I get quite a few postcodes and phone numbers in emails which I need to copy and if it doesn't have that functionality it's not going to be that useful.

Sniffer is great, very clear. Canvas too.

Browser works well and I like the left hand side buttons, very easy to use. I suspect there may be an issue with the page tabs though. Instead of going to the page when selected the browser closes them. Anyone else had that issue?

202m

On browser just keep your finger to the left of the tab i think swiping to the right of it causes it turn red and close it helps if you just tap the tab quickly

Guest bearded1

the canvas app is ok but when moving slowly it kinda wobbles your lines a bit - especially in a curve (cheapish vega screen strikes again?),

the calculator is.. a good calculator i guess?

mail'd is great - loving that

the calendar is really different and i quite like it

sniffer is flippin ace

i wanted an adam from day one and have been following it from the start. now the hardware is out there and the next preorder starts soon i'm gonna place an order. the build is meant to be really good and i could do with a better screen than the vega has!

Guest wobblydoggy
Hi Everyone

Installed the NI keyboard but it will not appear, selected in language and keyboard.

Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks

Steve

Lonng press on a text box like this reply box and press input method then just select ni keyboard

Guest stevesilk51
Lonng press on a text box like this reply box and press input method then just select ni keyboard

Thanks wobblydoggy, knew it would be something obvious.

Regards

Steve