Notion Ink Adam tablet apps

Guest wobblydoggy

Guest whatkatedoes

After a reboot, the original browser is back in place and I have to reinstall the adam one - any ideas how to make permanent?

EDIT:

Picked this up from XDA:

" Originally Posted by sanvara View Post

I backed up the browser and installed the NI browser. I really like it but when I rebooted it reverted back to the stock browser. Is there a fix for this?

If you use Root Explorer, and go to system/ apps, change permissions to r/w, and uninstall the stock browser, NI browser will work after reboot."

Edited by whatkatedoes

Guest wobblydoggy
Cheers wob i seems there is a problem parsing the package, no idea what that means!

Ahh I had that. Best thing to do is unzip the zipped apk to your sd card then copy it in root explorer and go to system/app click mount r/w then paste the apk in there yourself

Guest Mr.Nike

did anyone managed to show up contacts when trying to send an email from the mail'd app?

I have to manually type the email address I want to send the email to..and obviously I can't remember them all!

Could please someone check this?

thanks

Guest English Haze

So did the Notion Ink guys invent the Fragment UI class before Google put it into Honeycomb or more likely they were tipped off as to what the Honeycomb UI changes would look like because these apps pretty much mimic that pattern already.

What are the ethics of taking these apps from the designated device? Are there any copyright issues? Notion Ink must hold some kind of rights over them.

Guest Lennyuk
So did the Notion Ink guys invent the Fragment UI class before Google put it into Honeycomb or more likely they were tipped off as to what the Honeycomb UI changes would look like because these apps pretty much mimic that pattern already.

What are the ethics of taking these apps from the designated device? Are there any copyright issues? Notion Ink must hold some kind of rights over them.

its a grey area, so long as you don't host any files yourself or rip them out of said rom yourself then you will be ok.

Guest s.morris
Love the browser's speed but I have an issue with closing it down - I am having to constantly Kill App - how does it close normally?

If you press and hold the back button you get a menu at bottom of screen, The close is there

Steve

Guest PurpleRob

Is anyone having issues with the calender app?

I can't put any events in from scratch, when I try it forces an app close but if it's an event put on by Google Calender or my desire I can edit it and make changes and it works fine?

Rob

Has anybody had issues installing the keyboard? I can't get it to install properly. It seems to install correctly, but then isn't available for selection.

Guest amarko5
Has anybody had issues installing the keyboard? I can't get it to install properly. It seems to install correctly, but then isn't available for selection.

go into settings in the keyboard section and put a tick in the box

then when in any text entry window long press till you get a select input window select the keyboard you want and hey presto there it is

if only some clever person could get the Swype keyboard working i would be in heaven

Guest wobblydoggy
go into settings in the keyboard section and put a tick in the box

then when in any text entry window long press till you get a select input window select the keyboard you want and hey presto there it is

if only some clever person could get the Swype keyboard working i would be in heaven

Swype are bringing out a new tablet specific keyboard though it is very similar to the thumb keyboard in 10.2inch mode

Guest stevesilk51
Is anyone having issues with the calender app?

I can't put any events in from scratch, when I try it forces an app close but if it's an event put on by Google Calender or my desire I can edit it and make changes and it works fine?

Rob

Yes, same problem, when I click add event I then get force close. Puzzling as others say its ok for them.

Yes, same problem, when I click add event I then get force close. Puzzling as others say its ok for them.

Got the keyboard to work, but a little disappointed it doesn't do word suggestion and correction. Also it doesn't look good in portrait, the keys are too squashed.

Would love to see more work on the Adam port though, if anybody is still working on it.

Guest beegee1962

I found the Notion Ink keyboard ported from gojimi on XDA-Developers.

I love the keyboard on my WSL XVision (in Europe aka Advent Vega). But the colors are awfull. White on white, that is not very practical. So I made a small graphic mod to the keyboard. I tested it only on my WSL XVision, no guaranty if it breaks your device or destroy your SD card data. For me it works fine.

I attached some screen shots.

attachment.php?attachmentid=511938&d=1297141662

attachment.php?attachmentid=511939&d=1297141662

You can download it from my website.

Edited by beegee1962

Guest whatkatedoes

Thanks for this Beegee - a big improvement I think, using it :P

IMG_20110208_105031.jpg

I love the keyboard on my WSL XVision (in Europe aka Advent Vega). But the colors are awfull. White on white, that is not very practical. So I made a small graphic mod to the keyboard. I tested it only on my WSL XVision, no guaranty if it breaks your device or destroy your SD card data. For me it works fine.

I attached some screen shots.

attachment.php?attachmentid=511938&d=1297141662

attachment.php?attachmentid=511939&d=1297141662

You can download it from my website.

Edited by whatkatedoes

I found the Notion Ink keyboard ported from gojimi on XDA-Developers.

Thanks for this - definitely makes the keyboard more usable. Only change I might make would be to reduce the height slightly as it takes up just a little bit too much of the screen.

Big improvement of stock & NI keyboard.

Guest Mr.Nike
did anyone managed to show up contacts when trying to send an email from the mail'd app?

I have to manually type the email address I want to send the email to..and obviously I can't remember them all!

Could please someone check this?

thanks

ANyone on this?

I still have not found a way... :P

Guest beegee1962
Thanks for this Beegee - a big improvement I think, using it :P

Happy that you like it. The ctrl functions are a little bit difficult to use, but I tried CTRL A, CTRL X, CTRL C and CTRL V and it works.