Photo

Advent Vega kernel source code now available!

• Please log in to reply
2861 replies to this topic

univall

univall

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Devices:Viewsonic 10s 3g

I try with wireless bluetooth handsfree and no voice .
USSD is not anable with stock dialer but with my operator widget i can dial USSD and it work .
and i think mic it's dissable in voice dial and just return voice

I test in viewpad 10s internal EM770W . VegaBean 2.3

My primitive Nokia bh-200 Bluetooth headset is paired but I am not sure if the headset services are on.

Maybe we can request Eduardo to look at the Bluetooth interface layer next. :D

Suggest you should try without a headset or with a wired headset. Since we are on a similar hardware, it will be interesting to compare notes.

Also, looking at Scanno's GIT status, not sure that he got the latest RIL from Eduardo in to the device tree and thus, Vegabean 2.3 maybe a small step behind from what is currently being tested.

Edited by univall, 05 September 2012 - 05:07 PM.

ejtagle

ejtagle

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts
  • Devices:POV Mobii / N10
Until we fix voice support in the RIL, there is little point in testing voice calls.. Right now, the huawei ril crashes when starting voice support for the EM770W (ok, sometimes it does work... But i have to figure out the cause of the crash), and when it crashes, all cell modem activity ceases. It means 3G connection is lost, active calls are hang up ... So, until we fix this problem, there is no way to be sure if bluettoth mic/headphone will work.
But, as a matter of fact, if google voice works with a bluetooth headset/mic, then we can assume that when we fix the RIL voice support, it will also work with the 3G modem...

if you feel the urge to send gratitude to me and you want to express it with a donation, you can do so here:

https://www.paypal.c...G.gif:NonHosted

arya farjand

arya farjand

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Sciences
  • Devices:Viewpad 10s
Ok i test my bluetooth handsfree "Jabra BT2045" it even dosnt work in Google Voice Search . it pair and show it's usable for phone in bluetooth setting but unfotunately no success .
nd another issue is about sleeping time . when tablet sleep if i call to tablet it's says Tablet is off . is there any chanse to make EM770W like phone stay awake in GSM/EDGE "2G Network" after deep sleep ?
and something strange about IMEI !! why it's always show "01" ??? as i know having True IMEI is necessary .

i dont know how to compile this huawei-generic and make libhuawei.so but if u make it and give it to me i can unsquashfs system.sfs and replace it for test . i'm here if you need another tester

Edited by arya farjand, 06 September 2012 - 03:11 AM.

ejtagle

ejtagle

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts
Well, finally found the bug(s) that were causing the RIL to crash and fixed them. No more crashes!. Also found that the EM770W firmware has a bug that sometimes corrupts the audio voice stream. So, i implemented a workaround that tries to fix those audio segments..

Everything should be working. Due to the voice stream bug of the huawei modem firmware, sometimes it does not sound as clean as it should.. :(

Please, test! :)

Attached Files

if you feel the urge to send gratitude to me and you want to express it with a donation, you can do so here:

univall

univall

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Well, finally found the bug(s) that were causing the RIL to crash and fixed them. No more crashes!. Also found that the EM770W firmware has a bug that sometimes corrupts the audio voice stream. So, i implemented a workaround that tries to fix those audio segments..

Everything should be working. Due to the voice stream bug of the huawei modem firmware, sometimes it does not sound as clean as it should.. :(

Please, test! :)

will post test reports soon. please note that on compiling I am seeing (just a fyi) ---

No private recovery resources for TARGET_DEVICE shuttle
target thumb C: libhuaweigeneric-ril <= device/nvidia/shuttle/huawei-generic/agc.c
target thumb C++: libhuaweigeneric-ril <= device/nvidia/shuttle/huawei-generic/audiochannel.cpp
target thumb C: libhuaweigeneric-ril <= device/nvidia/shuttle/huawei-generic/audioqueue.c
target thumb C: libhuaweigeneric-ril <= device/nvidia/shuttle/huawei-generic/echocancel.c
target thumb C: libhuaweigeneric-ril <= device/nvidia/shuttle/huawei-generic/huaweigeneric-ril.c
device/nvidia/shuttle/huawei-generic/audiochannel.cpp: In function 'void* modemAudioIOThread(void*)':
device/nvidia/shuttle/huawei-generic/audiochannel.cpp:121:25: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
device/nvidia/shuttle/huawei-generic/huaweigeneric-ril.c: In function 'decodeUSSD':
device/nvidia/shuttle/huawei-generic/huaweigeneric-ril.c:5921:2: warning: pointer targets in return differ in signedness [-Wpointer-sign]
device/nvidia/shuttle/huawei-generic/huaweigeneric-ril.c: In function 'requestSendUSSD':
device/nvidia/shuttle/huawei-generic/huaweigeneric-ril.c:6243:2: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'strlen' differ in signedness [-Wpointer-sign]
bionic/libc/include/string.h:52:15: note: expected 'char const *' but argument is of type 'cbytes_t'
target SharedLib: libhuaweigeneric-ril (out/target/product/shuttle/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libhuaweigeneric-ril_intermediates/LINKED/libhuaweigeneric-ril.so)
target Symbolic: libhuaweigeneric-ril (out/target/product/shuttle/symbols/system/lib/libhuaweigeneric-ril.so)
target Strip: libhuaweigeneric-ril (out/target/product/shuttle/obj/lib/libhuaweigeneric-ril.so)
Install: out/target/product/shuttle/system/lib/libhuaweigeneric-ril.so

[EDIT]
Difficult to be completely sure but this seems to be better but not by a big margin --

1) The call from tablet to phone did engage for longer but ended on its own in about 5-7 seconds
2) On the call made from phone to tablet: -
- The call takes a while to kick in after one accepts the call
- There are a lot of crackling noise/sounds
- The latency seems to have improved but the voice-sound is still lagging
- The voice on call coming off from the tablet speakers is faint. On the wired headphone is a bit better but with more 'bass' than expected needs more 'treble' or a somewhat higher pitch
- USSD is fast and you seem to have removed the @@@ from the response, so is neat.

All in all seems better than last one, but do not have a yard stick so I will make one.
If the previous one was 1/5 :: this one is 1.5/5. Maybe I am a little generous with the rating. ;-)
Someone else might get better results. Do you recommend I post the *.so files as requested by Arja above. Could you tell me which files should be posted that would help him run tests that will be useful to us/you.

Attached Files

Edited by univall, 06 September 2012 - 06:50 AM.

arya farjand

arya farjand

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
yes . it would be great if let me help you . i really enjoy to see your job

Scanno

Scanno

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire Z, POV Mobii Tegra

will post test reports soon. please note that on compiling I am seeing (just a fyi) ---

No private recovery resources for TARGET_DEVICE shuttle
target thumb C: libhuaweigeneric-ril <= device/nvidia/shuttle/huawei-generic/agc.c
target thumb C++: libhuaweigeneric-ril <= device/nvidia/shuttle/huawei-generic/audiochannel.cpp
target thumb C: libhuaweigeneric-ril <= device/nvidia/shuttle/huawei-generic/audioqueue.c
target thumb C: libhuaweigeneric-ril <= device/nvidia/shuttle/huawei-generic/echocancel.c
target thumb C: libhuaweigeneric-ril <= device/nvidia/shuttle/huawei-generic/huaweigeneric-ril.c
device/nvidia/shuttle/huawei-generic/audiochannel.cpp: In function 'void* modemAudioIOThread(void*)':
device/nvidia/shuttle/huawei-generic/audiochannel.cpp:121:25: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
device/nvidia/shuttle/huawei-generic/huaweigeneric-ril.c: In function 'decodeUSSD':
device/nvidia/shuttle/huawei-generic/huaweigeneric-ril.c:5921:2: warning: pointer targets in return differ in signedness [-Wpointer-sign]
device/nvidia/shuttle/huawei-generic/huaweigeneric-ril.c: In function 'requestSendUSSD':
device/nvidia/shuttle/huawei-generic/huaweigeneric-ril.c:6243:2: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'strlen' differ in signedness [-Wpointer-sign]
bionic/libc/include/string.h:52:15: note: expected 'char const *' but argument is of type 'cbytes_t'
target SharedLib: libhuaweigeneric-ril (out/target/product/shuttle/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libhuaweigeneric-ril_intermediates/LINKED/libhuaweigeneric-ril.so)
target Symbolic: libhuaweigeneric-ril (out/target/product/shuttle/symbols/system/lib/libhuaweigeneric-ril.so)
target Strip: libhuaweigeneric-ril (out/target/product/shuttle/obj/lib/libhuaweigeneric-ril.so)
Install: out/target/product/shuttle/system/lib/libhuaweigeneric-ril.so

[EDIT]
Difficult to be completely sure but this seems to be better but not by a big margin --

1) The call from tablet to phone did engage for longer but ended on its own in about 5-7 seconds
2) On the call made from phone to tablet: -
- The call takes a while to kick in after one accepts the call
- There are a lot of crackling noise/sounds
- The latency seems to have improved but the voice-sound is still lagging
- The voice on call coming off from the tablet speakers is faint. On the wired headphone is a bit better but with more 'bass' than expected needs more 'treble' or a somewhat higher pitch
- USSD is fast and you seem to have removed the @@@ from the response, so is neat.

All in all seems better than last one, but do not have a yard stick so I will make one.
If the previous one was 1/5 :: this one is 1.5/5. Maybe I am a little generous with the rating. ;-)
Someone else might get better results. Do you recommend I post the *.so files as requested by Arja above. Could you tell me which files should be posted that would help him run tests that will be useful to us/you.

You only need the libhuaweigeneric-ril.so. The rest is already in the ROM and there are no further dependencies.

If you feel VegaCream is worth it and would like to show your gratitude (the donate link is added on request):
Posted Image
AND also do NOT forget about ejtagle and brucelee666 for their great work.

univall

univall

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

You only need the libhuaweigeneric-ril.so. The rest is already in the ROM and there are no further dependencies.

Ok. libhuaweigeneric-ril.so in attached archive.

Attached Files

arya farjand

arya farjand

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Ok , i have to unpak the rom and replace it .
report it in half and hour

Edited by arya farjand, 06 September 2012 - 07:59 AM.

arya farjand

arya farjand

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
ok I test

3G - ok "as same as Vegabean 2.3"
Sms - ok
Call in - ok
Call out - ok "when dial she said my creadit is low :D "
USSD - ok "better than 2.3 all code fine"
IMEI - No "just 01"

everything it's fine and i think it's good for now but some issue
- voice call has delay to send and recive voice even in near distance . for example when i call to tablet and talk to phone my voice comes to tablet after 1~2 sec but when i talk via tablet in other side after 5~10 sec i can hear my voice.
- there is some noise in call which i think it's more because of low mic quality and not for driver . so i will test it with another voice recorder and told you.
- 3G just work in tablet awake mode .
- Also 3G indicator need to fix.
- Blutooth handsfree is totaly unusable.

i have to work more and if i find anything i told you
thanks for your nice job

Edited by arya farjand, 06 September 2012 - 09:26 AM.

arya farjand

arya farjand

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Sorry for incoherent subject . But i think another bootscreen would be fine .
I dont know with wich software i can build it if you know guide me it would be nice too have every product name and ability in boot screen

Edited by arya farjand, 06 September 2012 - 09:33 AM.

univall

univall

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

ok I test

3G - ok "as same as Vegabean 2.3"
Sms - ok
Call in - ok
Call out - ok "when dial she said my creadit is low :D "
USSD - ok "better than 2.3 all code fine"
IMEI - No "just 01"

everything it's fine and i think it's good for now but some issue
- voice call has delay to send and recive voice even in near distance . for example when i call to tablet and talk to phone my voice comes to tablet after 1~2 sec but when i talk via tablet in other side after 5~10 sec i can hear my voice.
- there is some noise in call which i think it's more because of low mic quality and not for driver . so i will test it with another voice recorder and told you.
- 3G just work in tablet awake mode .
- Also 3G indicator need to fix.
- Blutooth handsfree is totaly unusable.

i have to work more and if i find anything i told you
thanks for your nice job

You seem to be getting somewhat better audio as well as better dial-out performance than I am on the Viewpad 10s. Wonder if I should try with another service provider as it may have something to do with cell reception in my area. Just wondering if that would affect the quality of voice/other sounds in the call.

Is noise cancellation already built in the RIL specific to the hardware or not possible with the EM770W that we have. The tablet unlike a smaller phone is held some distance away and may be more susceptible to ambient noise distortions.

Not only 3g, even the phone features work only in awake mode. Cannot receive call or SMS when sleeping as the modem switches off. When the tablet is brought back from sleep, the cell signal indicator is blank or greyed out and takes a while to come back. If the sleep has been long, say over 3-5 minutes only a reboot can bring the cell network back on. To counter this, I increased display time out to 30 minutes or more... no issues now for cell network, but battery runs out faster. Battery discharge can be extended a bit in this case by reducing the screen brightness to as low as possible so as to be able to see clearly. :-)

Edited by univall, 06 September 2012 - 10:24 AM.

Scanno

Scanno

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire Z, POV Mobii Tegra

You seem to be getting somewhat better audio as well as better dial-out performance than I am on the Viewpad 10s. Wonder if I should try with another service provider as it may have something to do with cell reception in my area. Just wondering if that would affect the quality of voice/other sounds in the call.

Is noise cancellation already built in the RIL specific to the hardware or not possible with the EM770W that we have. The tablet unlike a smaller phone is held some distance away and may be more susceptible to ambient noise distortions.

Not only 3g, even the phone features work only in awake mode. Cannot receive call or SMS when sleeping as the modem switches off. When the tablet is brought back from sleep, the cell signal indicator is blank or greyed out and takes a while to come back. If the sleep has been long, say over 3-5 minutes only a reboot can bring the cell network back on. To counter this, I increased display time out to 30 minutes or more... no issues now for cell network, but battery runs out faster. Battery discharge can be extended a bit in this case by reducing the screen brightness to as low as possible so as to be able to see clearly. :-)

You can always introduce a wakelock. With advanced wifi lock for instance....

If you feel VegaCream is worth it and would like to show your gratitude (the donate link is added on request):
Posted Image
AND also do NOT forget about ejtagle and brucelee666 for their great work.

ejtagle

ejtagle

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts

You can always introduce a wakelock. With advanced wifi lock for instance....

Probably, the 3G kernel driver is turning off the 3G modem ... Try
echo 1 > /sys/devices/platform/shuttle-pm-gsm/keep_on_in_suspend

.. regarding crackling noise, seems to be the EM770W firmware. Have to check if there is a way to detect it and try to fix it.... But there are no promises, as audio could simply be missing...

.. Latency is a big problem here. This is a known limitation of Android sound subsystem. At 8khz audio we are getting 1 second of delay in audio playback, and 2 seconds of delay in audio recordings... This si due to the huge buffers used internally in the android audio mixing framework... that can´t be reduced, unfortunately.

... One way reduce latency could be to capture audio at 48khz, and then subsample it in sw. As the android internal buffers do not expand wehn higher sampling rates are used, this means we could potentially reduce latency by x6 ...

Edited by ejtagle, 06 September 2012 - 02:56 PM.

ejtagle

ejtagle

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts
I have tried several things to improve latency and cracking noises... Latency can be reduced a bit, but the cracking noises are still there...

univall

univall

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

I have tried several things to improve latency and cracking noises... Latency can be reduced a bit, but the cracking noises are still there...

Great!

arya farjand

arya farjand

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
i have problem with network search . what you think about that ?

Also Sending SMS is easy but recive is a bit wierd

Edited by arya farjand, 07 September 2012 - 07:32 AM.

Daedric1383

Daedric1383

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
Scanno, was VegaBean 2.3 a private beta?

Nevermind, i keep forgeting the vegabean thread @modaco is not up2date :)

Edited by Daedric1383, 07 September 2012 - 07:06 PM.

univall

univall

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

i have problem with network search . what you think about that ?

Also Sending SMS is easy but recive is a bit wierd

Could you elaborate ?

Daedric1383

Daedric1383

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Could you elaborate ?

Yap, sending is imediate, but i've yet to receive a SMS. Still testing tough. The first message goes to /dev/null but after that they get there. I mean the first from a given number.
Logcat -b radio showed the error, but i cannot replicate anymore, not enough cellphones :D

BTW, GPS is working :)

Edited by Daedric1383, 08 September 2012 - 02:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users