new kernel so what?

Guest olionair

how?

if you just edit the file, it will be replaced when the device is rebooted

Hmm, you're right. Must be pure luck then that I haven't had BSOD for quite some time then ;)

The only thing I did differently was the order of flashing; first 1.06, then CMW and Modaco patches the last.

Usually I did 1.06, Modaco, CMW, which resulted in BSOD. Not sure that's the 'fix' though.

Edited by veper

Guest Pyr0x64
Hmm, you're right. Must be pure luck then that I haven't had BSOD for quite some time then ;)

The only thing I did differently was the order of flashing; first 1.06, then CMW and Modaco patches the last.

Usually I did 1.06, Modaco, CMW, which resulted in BSOD. Not sure that's the 'fix' though.

As far as I can tell, the boot.img needs extracting. Then you can edit the init.rc, repack the boot.img and reflash

I have been using CMW and I HAVE NEVER HAD BSOD.....

You're lucky then ;)

Guest Pyr0x64

i couldn't wait ;)

i used the kitchen by dsixda to unpack Paul's r2 MCK boot.img. i edited the init.rc file in the ramdisk, repacked and flashed.

now the init.rc file on my device is missing those lines ;)

Edited by Pyr0x64

i couldn't wait :D

i used the kitchen by dsixda to unpack Paul's r2 MCK boot.img. i edited the init.rc file in the ramdisk, repacked and flashed.

now the init.rc file on my device is missing those lines ;)

Great ;) Mind posting edited version for us to flash as well?

Guest Pyr0x64

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18465580/AdventVeg...ted/newboot.img

edit:

just to be clear, this is just a test i made for myself. i hold no responsibility if you flash it and anything bad happens ;)

also, Paul said via Twitter that he would be releasing a kernel with the same fix on Monday, after testing it this weekend.

Edited by Pyr0x64