Live Wallpapers on Omnia 2 - Android

Guest aafi-rocks

Guest aafi-rocks

Hi Guys,

Finall I got the Live Wallpaper working on our Android Rom build by Almar and his dev team..

I am creating this thread so we can discuss issues with running Live Wallpaper here and keep the original thread to discuss about updates and stuff like that,,

This is how I did, before re-installing Android.

Boot to windows and Connect your phone to PC in Mass Storage mode

Open ext2.tar.gz using 7-zip

Then go to below path

ext2.tar.gz\ext2.tar\system\lib\

unzip the attached lib.zip file and copy all the 3 files here..

Then go to below path

ext2.tar.gz\ext2.tar\system\app

Unzip the attached app.zip file and copy all the files here.. (you can also copy any other APK files for games and apps here, if you want to pre-install them)

now close 7-zip and it will ask you if you want to update the archive.. click yes..

Now re-install Android..

Once Android is booted. On the home screen try changing the wallpaper and there you see the live Wallpaper option...Select the Live wallpaper of your choice and Njoy...!!

You can also do this without re-installing Android..

Explore your phone using Droid Explorer then navigate to system/lib and copy the files from the attached 'lib.zip' here..

Then using droid explore install the APK files from the attached 'App.zip' file..

I am using the 2d/3d drivers posted by Rapid..

The files attached here, I found it somewhere on XDA or Samdroid forums or maybe on a different forum... I downloaded many live wallpapers and their libs, but dont remember where I got these one from..

If any1 is able to run any other Live Wallpaper, please post the APK files here..

You may also copy the attached files (o2update.tar.gz & o2update1.tar.gz) in post # 10 to root of My Storage and run haret to get the application installed as an update.. Thanks to urkopi.

OK. Here is the video.. I also installed Live Video Wallpaper and its working smooth..get it from XDA

Video>>>

Edited by aafi-rocks

Guest wizard83

Don't work for me. When i choose a live wallpaper a have this message "The application Live wallpaper picker (process android.process.acore) has stopped unexpectedly."

Guest aafi-rocks
Don't work for me. When i choose a live wallpaper a have this message "The application Live wallpaper picker (process android.process.acore) has stopped unexpectedly."

Reboot and try again..

It worked for me as soon as my Android installation was done..

And how did you installed it..

Even I was getting the same error without the libs files..

You need to copy t he libs file in system/lib folder of your device using Droid explorer..

Edited by aafi-rocks

Guest aafi-rocks
Okay, because i keep on have error while installing Android on either My Storage and SD Card. ;)

Post the error on the main page of Android Beta, maybe some1 can help u there to install it correctly

Edited by aafi-rocks

Post the error on the main page of Android Beta, maybe some1 can help u there to install it correctly

Posted already, but still unsolve yet. Alot of people also having this same problem..

Guest wizard83
Reboot and try again..

It worked for me as soon as my Android installation was done..

And how did you installed it..

Even I was getting the same error without the libs files..

You need to copy t he libs file in system/lib folder of your device using Droid explorer..

It's very strange. I didn't reinstall android, I copied the libs in /system/lib, then I installed all the apk but doesn't work.

I will try a new android installation.

Hi Guys,

Finall I got the Live Wallpaper working on our Android Rom build by Almar and his dev team..

I am creating this thread so we can discuss issues with running Live Wallpaper here and keep the original thread to discuss about updates and stuff like that,,

This is how I did, before re-installing Android.

Boot to windows and Connect your phone to PC in Mass Storage mode

Open ext2.tar.gz using 7-zip

Then go to below path

ext2.tar.gz\ext2.tar\system\lib\

unzip the attached lib.zip file and copy all the 3 files here..

Then go to below path

ext2.tar.gz\ext2.tar\system\app

Unzip the attached app.zip file and copy all the files here.. (you can also copy any other APK files for games and apps here, if you want to pre-install them)

now close 7-zip and it will ask you if you want to update the archive.. click yes..

Now re-install Android..

Once Android is booted. On the home screen try changing the wallpaper and there you see the live Wallpaper option...Select the Live wallpaper of your choice and Njoy...!!

You can also do this without re-installing Android..

Explore your phone using Droid Explorer then navigate to system/lib and copy the files from the attached 'lib.zip' here..

Then using droid explore install the APK files from the attached 'App.zip' file..

I am using the 2d/3d drivers posted by Rapid..

The files attached here, I found it somewhere on XDA or Samdroid forums or maybe on a different forum... I downloaded many live wallpapers and their libs, but dont remember where I got these one from..

If any1 is able to run any other Live Wallpaper, please post the APK files here..

and If some1 can make a video.. please post it..

I created these files to apply as updates

o2bupdate.tar.gz

o2bupdate1.tar.gz

Guest aafi-rocks
aafi-rocks could u post some wall papers..

Thnx in advance...

The attached files includes wallpaper pack.. you just need to install them and you should have some 4-5 Live wallpapers..

I will post some more wallpaper 2morow.. ;)

Guest aafi-rocks
anyone tried it on 7610 ????????

If you have android beta installed on your Omnia B7610, this sud work as well.

Edited by aafi-rocks

• 3 weeks later...
Guest problematika

I had Android on My storage(without SD card). Method to get this live wallpapers is same? just to put them in My storage? Or need to be untared throught ubuntu?

Guest aafi-rocks
I had Android on My storage(without SD card). Method to get this live wallpapers is same? just to put them in My storage? Or need to be untared throught ubuntu?

put the update file next to Haret and launch Android.

Guest problematika

I downloaded 2 files (o2update.tar.gz and o2update1.tar.gz), rename them as o2b2update.tar.gz, run ubuntu, try to untar that files (one by one)....but getting this meesage in terminal: gzip stdin has more than one entry! Wtf is that? I have Android installed on my storage (with ubuntu - no sd card).

Attached is the new Android Honeycomb Live Wallpaper (found it at XDA)

My Android is bricked, so I can't try now..

Can someone try this live wallpaper and check if it works on our device..

it works on my phone, but it feels slow and there is no battery indicator on my wallpaper. How to add it? :huh: