Photo

[ROMS] X920 Series: All-In-One (Sense 2.5.2021, Titanium, TouchWizUI)

* * * * * 3 votes

• Please log in to reply
199 replies to this topic

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts
  • Devices:i920 Omnia 2

will this one work on OMNIA sgh i900?

The i900 is GSM, and wqvga. The hardware and drivers are also different. This rom will NOT work for you. Try the i900 Forums.

goran1985

goran1985

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Devices:samsung omnia

The i900 is GSM, and wqvga. The hardware and drivers are also different. This rom will NOT work for you. Try the i900 Forums.

i know that...but anyway hoped to try it ;)) already i'm on all of thoose i900 forums downloading ROM's... who know maybe i'll cook one for myself ;))

xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Interests:Women, Linux, Computing - In that Order.
  • Devices:Razr Maxx
  • Twitter:@xlightwaverx

I am also having issues with this CAB. It might be a signing issue, or an Overwriting a running Executable issue. (BattClock and X-Menu) I am not sure, and I only have another 15 minutes to work on it. My apologies if I don't get it tonight, I have to get up in 3 hours to go to work. If all else fails I'll consult AMD about it, he seems to have a signing mechanism already setup.

X

Edit: Tried numerous signing engines and techniques. Gonna have to plug at it after work tomorrow.

Any other chefs know how to solve this error message? I won't be home for another 7 hours... I would hate to have to release a whole new nb0 every time I update.

X

GTalk/Email: xlightwaverx[@]gmail.com | Android Development | CrackFlasher Downloads
Posted Image

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Any other chefs know how to solve this error message? I won't be home for another 7 hours... I would hate to have to release a whole new nb0 every time I update.

X

I've looked at the cab, and it only looks like a few files and a bunch (400+) reg settings. I tried it on my rom and it stopped half way through saying could not install. Not sure what to do but I'm looking at it now.

EDIT:
I've narrowed the failure down to Mainmenu.exe
I am not able to sign this file (keeps failing)
I CAN sign the cab file but the install still fails.

Also renaming the MainMenu.exe file to something else does NOT fix the problem. Its like this file doesn't want to install via cab no matter what.
what did you do to the file? Or is this a stock file from elsewhere?

EDIT2:
okay I modified the .cab 4 U, not sure if this will install as my phone just went to the mall to do some shopping. If it works I'll tell you what went wrong.

Attached File  xLightWaverx.at.Modaco.XDA.X_920.Service.Pack.1.cab   3.07MB   41 downloads

Edited by amdzero, 02 February 2011 - 07:17 PM.

nvrmind

nvrmind

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

I've looked at the cab, and it only looks like a few files and a bunch (400+) reg settings. I tried it on my rom and it stopped half way through saying could not install. Not sure what to do but I'm looking at it now.

EDIT:
I've narrowed the failure down to Mainmenu.exe
I am not able to sign this file (keeps failing)
I CAN sign the cab file but the install still fails.

Also renaming the MainMenu.exe file to something else does NOT fix the problem. Its like this file doesn't want to install via cab no matter what.
what did you do to the file? Or is this a stock file from elsewhere?
EDIT2:
okay I modified the .cab 4 U, not sure if this will install as my phone just went to the mall to do some shopping. If it works I'll tell you what went wrong.

Attached File  xLightWaverx.at.Modaco.XDA.X_920.Service.Pack.1.cab   3.07MB   41 downloads

Nope... it still gets the same error.

nvrmind

nvrmind

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
Video plays, but the touch player auto rotation is kind of wonky...

When you turn the phone on it's side while video is playing, the interface for TP looks like it stays the same and the menu shows from behind.

If you tap the screen to go to landscape mode, it works fine unless you turn the phone sideways, at which point the interface rotates and we have a similar problem to the prior.

Not a huge deal, I know, just something I noticed.

Thanks for the great rom!

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts
Well I don't want to over step bounds here, but the mainmenu.exe replacement of those 2 files isn't working. So I could post a working .cab file with the ORIGINAL mainmen.exe (which doesn't look as good) or I could post the .cab WITHOUT the mainmenu.exe and just post the mainmenu.exe separately. either way I'll let xLightwaverx decide as it's his rom.

xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Well I don't want to over step bounds here, but the mainmenu.exe replacement of those 2 files isn't working. So I could post a working .cab file with the ORIGINAL mainmen.exe (which doesn't look as good) or I could post the .cab WITHOUT the mainmenu.exe and just post the mainmenu.exe separately. either way I'll let xLightwaverx decide as it's his rom.

It is fixed. Please try the same link as before...

X

Edited by xlightwaverx, 03 February 2011 - 02:14 AM.

GTalk/Email: xlightwaverx[@]gmail.com | Android Development | CrackFlasher Downloads
Posted Image

sixstrings

sixstrings

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia
great job on the rom lightwaver. very smooth. I wish i could cook these roms like you guys do but it never seems to work out for me. when do you think your sense rom gonna be ready?

xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

great job on the rom lightwaver. very smooth. I wish i could cook these roms like you guys do but it never seems to work out for me. when do you think your sense rom gonna be ready?

When I can find a good Sense Build that I do not have to mess with CFC. ;)

X

Posted Image

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

When I can find a good Sense Build that I do not have to mess with CFC. ;)

X

haha! good luck!

Delosky

Delosky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:Omnia II

I concur. I've only put 2 or 3 other ROMs on my i920, but this is by far the best, cleanest, and smoothest one yet. I only have 1 issue and 1 question.
1) I'm having a problem with Skype Mobile. Was this put in for testing purposes, or is it really supposed to work? Am I supposed to be connected via Wi-Fi and not cellular? I keep getting, "Unable to connect to Skype network".
2) Is there a way to disable "BattClock" and it's configuration? I like to use tacchan23's taskbar icons, but everytime I restart the device, your taskbar settings show and I have to run BattClock from the menu to disable it and see tacchan23's icons.

Other than that, after 24 hours, I'm running at 90MB free RAM and the response is really good. Google Maps also seems to locate me much faster than in the stock ROM.

dgyahn

dgyahn

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i920

I concur. I've only put 2 or 3 other ROMs on my i920, but this is by far the best, cleanest, and smoothest one yet. I only have 1 issue and 1 question.
1) I'm having a problem with Skype Mobile. Was this put in for testing purposes, or is it really supposed to work? Am I supposed to be connected via Wi-Fi and not cellular? I keep getting, "Unable to connect to Skype network".
2) Is there a way to disable "BattClock" and it's configuration? I like to use tacchan23's taskbar icons, but everytime I restart the device, your taskbar settings show and I have to run BattClock from the menu to disable it and see tacchan23's icons.

Other than that, after 24 hours, I'm running at 90MB free RAM and the response is really good. Google Maps also seems to locate me much faster than in the stock ROM.

Hi Delosky,

I can help you with the BattClock. Go to your program menu and find the BattClock icon. Click on it and it will ask you "BattClock is currently enabled. Disable it?" Click yes. Then open your file explorer and go to your Windows/StartUp folder. Delete the BattClock file to keep the program from loading into memory every time you start your phone.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

dgyahn

dgyahn

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
Hi LightWeaver,

Still getting that same error when trying to install your SP1 file updated from post #1.

Edmund Burke

xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Hi LightWeaver,

Still getting that same error when trying to install your SP1 file updated from post #1.

I have downloaded the update to my phone and it asked me to uninstall the previous update. I accepted it and then it installed the update and asked me to reboot.

I rebooted and everything went through. Have you tried the original link I posted and overwritten your previous downloaded copy of the update? Is anyone else having the same problem?

X

Posted Image

dgyahn

dgyahn

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

I have downloaded the update to my phone and it asked me to uninstall the previous update. I accepted it and then it installed the update and asked me to reboot.

I rebooted and everything went through. Have you tried the original link I posted and overwritten your previous downloaded copy of the update? Is anyone else having the same problem?

X

Still no joy. Downloaded the SP1 file from Post #1 and even reflashed the ROM. Still get the same error.

Edmund Burke

xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Still no joy. Downloaded the SP1 file from Post #1 and even reflashed the ROM. Still get the same error.

Geez,

I will clear all data and try to redownload and see what happens. Ill check it out once my laptop comes home. 10pm Est.

Posted Image

xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Geez,

I will clear all data and try to redownload and see what happens. Ill check it out once my laptop comes home. 10pm Est.

Ok, it actually does work, but you have to go into Task Manager and physically close the X-Menu prior to installation. See the video HERE.

But on another note, after installing the SP1 Update, I realized that some of the settings for the new BattClock Locations just WILL NOT TAKE. So I have actually included a video of how to set it up on how it is INTENDED to look. This will have to work until the next .nb0 is cooked.

See the Video HERE.

X

Edited by xlightwaverx, 04 February 2011 - 06:07 AM.

Posted Image

xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

I realized that some of the settings for the new BattClock Locations just WILL NOT TAKE.

I am not very impressed with the limitations of BattClock 3.4.3.

Edited by xlightwaverx, 04 February 2011 - 06:10 AM.

Posted Image

dgyahn

dgyahn

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
Hi LightWaver,

Couple of things I have run across after installing SP1. The start menu icon has not changed. This covers up some of your BattClock settings even after following the location settings you reference in your video. Also, the WiFi Router link is dead. Not a big deal as I deactivate BattClock anyway and I created a new link for the WiFi Router. Looking forward to the fix but this is still a great ROM. Keep it up.

Edited by dgyahn, 04 February 2011 - 08:18 PM.

Edmund Burke

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users