Photo

[ROMS] X920 Series: All-In-One (Sense 2.5.2021, Titanium, TouchWizUI)

* * * * * 3 votes

• Please log in to reply
199 replies to this topic

Bryan W.

Bryan W.

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Devices:Omnia II
Isn't there a 2021 sense out? Does it have any updates that are a big deal?

xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Interests:Women, Linux, Computing - In that Order.
  • Devices:Razr Maxx
  • Twitter:@xlightwaverx

Isn't there a 2021 sense out? Does it have any updates that are a big deal?

Not to my knowledge. In fact, in my discussions with AMD, we have been collaborating on the idea that we should go back to an earlier version of TouchFlo 3D, preferably, 2.0, or the latest, 2.1. 2.5 and 2.6 are so graphically heavy that they bog down the Omnia after running it for a few hours, and the hesitation of the system becomes quite an annoyance after prolonged use.

Personally, I am trying to find a way to get the latest Verizon Imagio ROM dump to boot on this Omnia 2, but I am having the worst of luck. It has been recently updated by HTC with a ROM upgrade, and its current Manila version is 2.0.xxxx. A very recent release on a very fast system. Unfortunately, I am at wits end and cannot get it to load. In my discussions with AMD, he has had similar luck. I believe once we can get the Imagio Verion ROM to boot, devices like the Omnia II will have a new definition of what "SENSE" is, with the speed and functionality that it deserves.

We would appreciate any help with this, as for once this is accomplished, it would be the start of something very great.

X

GTalk/Email: xlightwaverx[@]gmail.com | Android Development | CrackFlasher Downloads
Posted Image

Bryan W.

Bryan W.

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
http://www.modaco.co...sense-2-5-2021/

http://www.modaco.co...o...t&p=1392100

No biggie because as has been said before, Sense is awesome but is slow on the Omnia II. I only bring it up because possibly new version has performance improvements? Its possible I guess.

As for importing that ROM, is it because they have a different processor? Even if it did load, I thought the problem with Sense's performance was the fact that there is no real OpenGL 1.0 driver for the S3C6410 inside this thing.

I did a quick google, and there is been work done to port the Imagio to the TouchPro2. You might be able to look at how they did that to get an idea of what we need to do here.

reepks

reepks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia 2 i920
I have been a member on here for quite a while but I don't normally post. However, today I felt I had to post just to say that this ROM is top notch! I've flashed a lot of ROM's on my i910 and i920 (all of which were good) but this one has to be one of the smoothest I've seen! Thank you for all the time and effort you have put into it. Your work is very much appreciated! Keep up the great work!

________________________________________________________________________________

Posted Image

xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

http://www.modaco.co...sense-2-5-2021/

http://www.modaco.co...o...t&p=1392100

No biggie because as has been said before, Sense is awesome but is slow on the Omnia II. I only bring it up because possibly new version has performance improvements? Its possible I guess.

As for importing that ROM, is it because they have a different processor? Even if it did load, I thought the problem with Sense's performance was the fact that there is no real OpenGL 1.0 driver for the S3C6410 inside this thing.

I did a quick google, and there is been work done to port the Imagio to the TouchPro2. You might be able to look at how they did that to get an idea of what we need to do here.

Its seems, IMHO, that the higher the version of Sense, 2015, 2016, all the way to 2021, the higher the graphical processing power it requires. Most chefs seem to be ripping the most updated Shipped ROMS they can find, extracting the latest Manila release that has been included, and then cooking it into their ROMS as to produce "the most current and up-to-date Sense Release." That is fine and dandy if you are running a phone that has the high end processing power, yet alone, the GPU needed to handle the graphics, but for us it is different.

We have an 800Mhz phone with a limited GPU. We have graphics drivers for it. We can only push so much. SOOO instead of ripping Manila from ROM to ROM, I feel that we should take Manila from a phone that is less or equivalent to our phone. The Imagio seemed to meet the criteria quite well, but from my discussions with AMD, it just wont take. We both tried it, and AMD got more results than I, but to no avail.

As of a few days ago, I found a Blackstone release that seems to be quite fitting, and it is TouchFlo3D Version 1.3. Yeah, I said it, not 2.6, not 2.5, not 2.1, not 2.0, but 1.3, and it flies. It needs to be tweaked a little bit, but that's why there are chefs.

AMD also has found a 1.3 release that he says flies as well. 1.3 is definitely going to be in my next release. It seems like we have figured out what direction we should be heading in, so we will see what comes of this in the next couple weeks.

X

GTalk/Email: xlightwaverx[@]gmail.com | Android Development | CrackFlasher Downloads
Posted Image

Bryan W.

Bryan W.

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
Well you guys are obviously way ahead of me on this.

But I totally agree with you, a snappy phone is better than a shiny brick.

This is why I use titanium, and I've used Sense and also SPB Mobile Shell. So far I like Titanium.

You guys are away ahead of me on this. But as it goes, I'll help how I can... Perhaps we can extract an older sense version from the imagio rom?

xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Well you guys are obviously way ahead of me on this.

But I totally agree with you, a snappy phone is better than a shiny brick.

This is why I use titanium, and I've used Sense and also SPB Mobile Shell. So far I like Titanium.

You guys are away ahead of me on this. But as it goes, I'll help how I can... Perhaps we can extract an older sense version from the imagio rom?

Titanium has some very untapped potential to be one kick@ss Today option. As for the Imagio. I am done with it. Verizon did not want anyone to mess with it, and they succeeded. I see more possibilities on the route I am taking now but thanks for the support and effort. I admire how people get so involved in this. It seems like such an ordeal to balance time with family and work, and to be able to do this as a hobby.

X

Posted Image

Bryan W.

Bryan W.

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
Hey.. I slaved at getting the Samsung Skined apps on the i8000 onto the i920. I got pretty far, but ultimately after wasting WAYYYYY, WAYYYY too much time on it, I gave up. (learned a lot though)

At least you give us a finished product! Thanks goes to you and AMD and all the guys!

xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts
The Jet starts it's engines...

Attached File  welcomehead.192.png   1.56MB   20 downloadsAttached File  tf3d13.png   64.49KB   18 downloads
TouchFlo 3D 1.3

Posted Image

dgyahn

dgyahn

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i920
Now you're cookin. No pun intended. I've run a TF3D 1.3 cab on my O2 before. It was stable and fairly fast. I just could not configure it the way I wanted. I'm sure you'll do a fantastic job with this. Really looking forward to having this on my phone. Keep up the great work. As I posted before I love your X-920 V1.0 SP1 which is my ROM of choice now. I use SPB MS for my UI and have configured it be as close to a Sence home page as I can make it. Super fast with no hangups.

Attached Files

Edited by dgyahn, 28 February 2011 - 11:31 PM.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

Delosky

Delosky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Using your favorite File Manager with ROM Access rename this file: mxipcold_zzzgreenACRE_100.provxml to mxipcold_zzzgreenACRE_100.provxml.bak

Reboot, change your theme, and try that.

X

UPDATE:
Changing from HTML to Plain Text seems to have fixed the issue. Like I said, it looked like the font colors from Replies were defaulting to the users' fonts in Outlook. Changing all emails to Plain Text makes every font white, regardless how they are received on the Exchange server.

I'll post any changes. I'm going to run with this for another couple of days and then switch back to see if it comes back.

xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Now you're cookin. No pun intended. I've run a TF3D 1.3 cab on my O2 before. It was stable and fairly fast. I just could not configure it the way I wanted. I'm sure you'll do a fantastic job with this. Really looking forward to having this on my phone. Keep up the great work. As I posted before I love your X-920 V1.0 SP1 which is my ROM of choice now. I use SPB MS for my UI and have configured it be as close to a Sence home page as I can make it. Super fast with no hangups.

Very nice...

X

Posted Image

xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Upcoming 1920 Release. Seems to be Impressively Fast when PagePool is set Dynamically. Runs smooth with CHT & Editor installed.
Still working out the quirks, and adding in the twirks.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

sixstrings

sixstrings

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia

Upcoming 1920 Release. Seems to be Impressively Fast when PagePool is set Dynamically. Runs smooth with CHT & Editor installed.
Still working out the quirks, and adding in the twirks.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

cool bro!! im trying to learn how to cook but its just frustrating. You guys have my respect!! Is there a video tutorial out that shows the basics?

xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

cool bro!! im trying to learn how to cook but its just frustrating. You guys have my respect!! Is there a video tutorial out that shows the basics?

If you download the kitchen (Wes's kitchen, but I packaged it for the i920) there's a little PDF tutorial in there that should get you started. Also I included DG21 Stock so you will have a starting point. It is the only thing I use.

Get it HERE.

Posted Image

Iwan Rustandi

Iwan Rustandi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
great rom ..............
Thanks ...........

sixstrings

sixstrings

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia

If you download the kitchen (Wes's kitchen, but I packaged it for the i920) there's a little PDF tutorial in there that should get you started. Also I included DG21 Stock so you will have a starting point. It is the only thing I use.

Get it HERE.

ok, thanks for help. i'll try it and see how it does for me

the sandman

the sandman

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia i920
The new Sense looks good. What version is it? Will it have Facebook integration?

Samsung Omnia II i920

xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

The new Sense looks good. What version is it? Will it have Facebook integration?

Sense 2.5.1920, the earliest version that supports CHT, CHTEDitor, and Weather Home Widget.

Yes, Facebook is working, though I may have to "learn" more about it. My account is integrated fine.

X

Posted Image

Bryan W.

Bryan W.

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
/excited

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users