Photo

[ROMS] X920 Series: All-In-One (Sense 2.5.2021, Titanium, TouchWizUI)

* * * * * 3 votes

• Please log in to reply
199 replies to this topic

morouz

morouz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Where to get windows mobile 6.5.3 for omnia II or how activate multi-touch?(if it possible).

tedkord

tedkord

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • Devices:SCH-i920

Ya, the X is where it normally is but BattClock covers it for its display information. You can use the OK button on the side (which I am having reports that it doesn't work) or just click where the X usually is, and it will OK/Close.

X

Yeah, I figured that out this morning, when I suddenly had the revelation that 6.5 has the X in the upper right corner. Tried it, and it worked. I can be incredibly thick, sometimes. Thanks.

Since this is a 6.5 rom, I probably don't need X-task either, as I can just set the Samsung settings for X to close apps. I'm gonna try that soon.

Is your X-menu in the left top corner loaded replacing the usual windows menu? I ask because, in trying to get the X back before, I ran Arto's Start Menu Remover, and X recovery, and now the X-menu doesn't work. It's not a big deal, I don't really use the menu anyway, as I disabled Sense and use SPB MS3.

Samsung Omnia II SCH-i920 with AMDZero's DG21 ZeroSense ROM

xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Interests:Women, Linux, Computing - In that Order.
  • Devices:Razr Maxx
  • Twitter:@xlightwaverx

Yeah, I figured that out this morning, when I suddenly had the revelation that 6.5 has the X in the upper right corner. Tried it, and it worked. I can be incredibly thick, sometimes. Thanks.

Since this is a 6.5 rom, I probably don't need X-task either, as I can just set the Samsung settings for X to close apps. I'm gonna try that soon.

Is your X-menu in the left top corner loaded replacing the usual windows menu? I ask because, in trying to get the X back before, I ran Arto's Start Menu Remover, and X recovery, and now the X-menu doesn't work. It's not a big deal, I don't really use the menu anyway, as I disabled Sense and use SPB MS3.

Yes, its using start.dll to map itself the start menu location. Arts remover is already part of the ROM. As for X Recovery, I am not sure if that is needed or not.

X

GTalk/Email: xlightwaverx[@]gmail.com | Android Development | CrackFlasher Downloads
Posted Image

tedkord

tedkord

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts
I gotta say, X - I was a bit skeptical - I've tried ROMs from almost every chef who's graced us here, but I always went back to AMD's work. But, this new V.2 test of yours is pretty damned good. 6.5 is much smoother and faster than 6.5.x, and I haven't had any lockups since install. I'm also not bleeding ram like I always have with the 6.5.x ROMs - I rebooted to about 80mb last night, and after using it at work all night (Opera, Core Player, GrooveMobile, etc...) I'm still at 77mb today - nice.

Since I knew I wasn't going to use Sense, I dropped your PP to 12mb before I flashed, and use SPB MS3.5 with MSkip's Freedom Pro Plus. I haven't applied your patch yet - and I may not, since it's plenty fast and smooth without it.

I prefer 6.5.x for it's layout - having the X and menu buttons at the bottom just makes it easier to hit them with my thumb while palming the phone. In my right hand, I can't reach the menu boutton at all without using my other hand. But I don't need the menu button anymore with MS3, and I can tap the X area with my thumb, so this works for me.

Now, I've got a dilemma - do I stick with X920 for a while, or do I flash back to an AMD creation? I need a second i920, or a dual boot config! A beverage is coming your way.

Edited by tedkord, 18 March 2011 - 06:13 PM.

xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

I gotta say, X - I was a bit skeptical - I've tried ROMs from almost every chef who's graced us here, but I always went back to AMD's work. But, this new V.2 test of yours is pretty damned good. 6.5 is much smoother and faster than 6.5.x, and I haven't had any lockups since install. I'm also not bleeding ram like I always have with the 6.5.x ROMs - I rebooted to about 80mb last night, and after using it at work all night (Opera, Core Player, GrooveMobile, etc...) I'm still at 77mb today - nice.

Since I knew I wasn't going to use Sense, I dropped your PP to 12mb before I flashed, and use SPB MS3.5 with MSkip's Freedom Pro Plus. I haven't applied your patch yet - and I may not, since it's plenty fast and smooth without it.

I prefer 6.5.x for it's layout - having the X and menu buttons at the bottom just makes it easier to hit them with my thumb while palming the phone. In my right hand, I can't reach the menu boutton at all without using my other hand. But I don't need the menu button anymore with MS3, and I can tap the X area with my thumb, so this works for me.

Now, I've got a dilemma - do I stick with X920 for a while, or do I flash back to an AMD creation? I need a second i920, or a dual boot config! A beverage is coming your way.

Good to hear, with the cache settings finally getting figured out. I don't have a PP more than 4 MB (Even with 2.5.2021), and that is just because MSDN recommended it. There will be another release coming. I just am trying to balance life, kids, gf, work. When I sit back and look at everything I feel like I could possibly get it all done in one night, but once I start working I seem to only accomplish a few tasks per chunk of time I have (no, I am not drinking) :D

There is another release coming.
Just trying to get the bugs out, and make the OOBE the best I can.

X

Edited by xlightwaverx, 18 March 2011 - 06:41 PM.

GTalk/Email: xlightwaverx[@]gmail.com | Android Development | CrackFlasher Downloads
Posted Image

ultralight23

ultralight23

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
X,
just recently flashed your rom....nice, love the graffix and speed. Though when i get a call the samsung lockscreen activates then have to unlock to resume whatever i was doing. I've pulled stuuf from your rom and added others to my likings so originally i thought i may have done it somehow. But then i reflashed your rom without altering it and it still (samsung) locks on calls, both incoming and outgoing. any ideas?

also noticed the winmo lockscreen is the button unlock not the slider, is this in the 21916 build?

thanks for the outstanding rom. hoping this will hold me over till i can spend enough time to cook my own. made several tries and ran on some for a couple of days till it locked on me. try and try again i guess.

tedkord

tedkord

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

X,
just recently flashed your rom....nice, love the graffix and speed. Though when i get a call the samsung lockscreen activates then have to unlock to resume whatever i was doing. I've pulled stuuf from your rom and added others to my likings so originally i thought i may have done it somehow. But then i reflashed your rom without altering it and it still (samsung) locks on calls, both incoming and outgoing. any ideas?

also noticed the winmo lockscreen is the button unlock not the slider, is this in the 21916 build?

thanks for the outstanding rom. hoping this will hold me over till i can spend enough time to cook my own. made several tries and ran on some for a couple of days till it locked on me. try and try again i guess.

Silly question, but did you uncheck the Samsung lockscreen in Samsung settings? I have it unchecked (I don't use any lockscreen), and I don't get it when a call comes in. When I first flashed, I would get it when the screensaver timed out, until I unchecked it. Didn't get a call before I unchecked, so I don't know if it would have.

ultralight23

ultralight23

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Silly question, but did you uncheck the Samsung lockscreen in Samsung settings? I have it unchecked (I don't use any lockscreen), and I don't get it when a call comes in. When I first flashed, I would get it when the screensaver timed out, until I unchecked it. Didn't get a call before I unchecked, so I don't know if it would have.

Yea all unchecked, lockscreen, timed lockscreen and touch-wiz.
A few flashes ago i think i was messing with lockscreen options in the registry but unless the reg edits stick around after flashes i wouldn't think they would be an issue. Guess i'll have a look around regardless.

I've installed throttle lock and sus2 hoping they may over-ride the on-call locks but still happens. May have to try smartlock and see if that works.

tedkord

tedkord

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Yea all unchecked, lockscreen, timed lockscreen and touch-wiz.
A few flashes ago i think i was messing with lockscreen options in the registry but unless the reg edits stick around after flashes i wouldn't think they would be an issue. Guess i'll have a look around regardless.

I've installed throttle lock and sus2 hoping they may over-ride the on-call locks but still happens. May have to try smartlock and see if that works.

Well, I reactivated the Samsung lock and called my phone, and it didn't lock. The lock only came on after screensaver timeout, so I don't have any idea what's going on with your install. Sorry.

ultralight23

ultralight23

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Think i found it in the registry, for whatever reason this was enabled:

HKCU>Software>Samsung>Phone>TouchLock:0_00000002 changed it to "0"

tryed a test incoming and outgoing call with no lockscreen.
ummm, that was easy but we'll see what happens after a few days.

on the other topic, is the touch button unlock native for build 21916?

Edited by ultralight23, 20 March 2011 - 04:34 PM.

xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

on the other topic, is the touch button unlock native for build 21916?

It has always been there since I've used it, though I would love a native slide lock.

X

Posted Image

ultralight23

ultralight23

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

It has always been there since I've used it, though I would love a native slide lock.

X

weird that the slider lock is in 21906 but not in 21916...oh, well.

so realized something about my on-call/lockscreen issue. this originally arose when i was using my bluetooth speaker in my truck. when connected to my bluetooth i get lockscreen at both in/out going calls. though when i tested it without bluetooth in the post earlier, no lockscreen. so i'm guessing it may have something to do with my bluetooth connection, i've searched around in both the winmo and samsung settings and found nothing about bluetooth/lockscreen options. any ideas.

xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

weird that the slider lock is in 21906 but not in 21916...oh, well.

so realized something about my on-call/lockscreen issue. this originally arose when i was using my bluetooth speaker in my truck. when connected to my bluetooth i get lockscreen at both in/out going calls. though when i tested it without bluetooth in the post earlier, no lockscreen. so i'm guessing it may have something to do with my bluetooth connection, i've searched around in both the winmo and samsung settings and found nothing about bluetooth/lockscreen options. any ideas.

Might be something to do with this file:

Attached File  bt_issue.jpg   58.63KB   8 downloads

It comes loaded on STOCK, but I have used my phone without it in numerous build tests, but I do not use BT (vehicle-wise), so it may very well be needed. I used BT for file xfer, etc, successfully without it. I would try terminating the process and trying. Please post results.

X

Posted Image

ultralight23

ultralight23

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Might be something to do with this file:

Attached File  bt_issue.jpg   58.63KB   8 downloads

It comes loaded on STOCK, but I have used my phone without it in numerous build tests, but I do not use BT (vehicle-wise), so it may very well be needed. I used BT for file xfer, etc, successfully without it. I would try terminating the process and trying. Please post results.

X

Thanks X but forgive my ignorance cause i'm not quite sure what to do.

xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Thanks X but forgive my ignorance cause i'm not quite sure what to do.

I think if you use Fred DotTask Manger or another similar program, you could terminate processes. I would try terminating that process and trying what you were trying to do. It's the only WM Bluetooth process running from what I can tell that may be causing the issue.

X

Posted Image

ultralight23

ultralight23

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

I think if you use Fred DotTask Manger or another similar program, you could terminate processes. I would try terminating that process and trying what you were trying to do. It's the only WM Bluetooth process running from what I can tell that may be causing the issue.

X

No go, didn't work. No biggie, just a minor annoyance is all.

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts
  • Devices:i920 Omnia 2
Hey X, did you remove the default lockscene (spelled correctly) that comes with 6.5? It has the slide to unlock, but its not as pretty as the s2u2 one. It has it at the top with sliding left or right and clock in plain text at the bottom, unless you moddify the .cpr and make it fancy.

ultralight23

ultralight23

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Hey X, did you remove the default lockscene (spelled correctly) that comes with 6.5? It has the slide to unlock, but its not as pretty as the s2u2 one. It has it at the top with sliding left or right and clock in plain text at the bottom, unless you moddify the .cpr and make it fancy.

amd,
did a search for all .cpr files and no lockscene files came up, only start menu, titanium and sliding panel files.

xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Yup.

X

Posted Image

ultralight23

ultralight23

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Are .cpr files something that can be cabbed up?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users