• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts
  • Devices:lots of them
  • Twitter:@sebastian404

Great news, no need to wipe my phone!
It's the Portuguese Stock ROM, right?
Thx Sebastian

Yeah its based on the romdump you provided ;)

Sebastian404

Sebastian404

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts
Guys I need some testing...

If you have a Portugal device and you have clockworkmod recovery installed, can you do a backup and then check to see how big the resulting files are... you should be expecting to see about files over 100meg

system.img in particular

fguimas

fguimas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:Vodafone 945 (ZTE JOE)
Hi,

Sebastian404, could you compile the source code for ZTE joe available in ZTE web site, to create an original rom?
Is it possible?

Regards

Sebastian404

Sebastian404

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts

Hi,

Sebastian404, could you compile the source code for ZTE joe available in ZTE web site, to create an original rom?
Is it possible?

Regards

Thats the Kernel source code... people have had mixed results with ZTE's source code, with the Blade it wont compile at all since there are errors in some of the drivers... with the V9 tablet the kernel will compile but wont run... no-one has been able to work out how/why yet.

I could build a kernel but I don't really have the device to test it on... maybe when it gets more popular and we have more users we could explore that option...

Sebastian404

Sebastian404

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts
Catching up on some stuff... I have built the new 3.0.0.5 version of ClockworkMod Recovery for the Joe...

recovery-clockwork-3.0.0.5-joe.img - MD5 : 061ff093ddf4e01dc2eee58f333c9ab4

recovery-clockwork-3.0.0.5-joe-update_signed.zip - MD5 : 35cf07e1182fd353f71a06fccf498213

While I cant test it, I guess it SHOULD work.... any feedback would be great.

Its still using the standard joe kernel, it will not support EXT3 or EXT4, but everything else should work as expected......

cuttysark76

cuttysark76

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Devices:Vodafone 945

Catching up on some stuff... I have built the new 3.0.0.5 version of ClockworkMod Recovery for the Joe...

recovery-clockwork-3.0.0.5-joe-update_signed.zip - MD5 : 35cf07e1182fd353f71a06fccf498213

Its still using the standard joe kernel, it will not support EXT3 or EXT4, but everything else should work as expected......

The update.zip has only 3.59MB, is it OK?

highender

highender

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

I'll try, but more information is needed : *. img is complet new clockwork and *. zip the update of the old?

Edited by highender, 05 February 2011 - 01:39 PM.

cuttysark76

cuttysark76

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Guys I need some testing...

If you have a Portugal device and you have clockworkmod recovery installed, can you do a backup and then check to see how big the resulting files are... you should be expecting to see about files over 100meg
system.img in particular

It has generated a system.img file with 141Mb using the previous clochworkMod that you shared. I'll try with the new versions ASAP

Sebastian404

Sebastian404

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts

I'll try, but more information is needed : *. img is complet new clockwork and *. zip the update of the old?

Ah sorry, the zip version if an update that you can apply using clockworkmod 2.5.1.8... it will then upgrade you to 3.0.0.5 otherwise you can use the .img file to install the same way as usual with fastboot.

Sebastian404

Sebastian404

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts

It has generated a system.img file with 141Mb using the previous clochworkMod that you shared. I'll try with the new versions ASAP

Thanks for that... it would seem the issue was that the guy who was having problems was using a pre-production device that has a different layout to the production device.... from what you said it sounds like its working for you ;)

Let me know how you get on with 3.0.0.5 please ;)

highender

highender

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Thanks for that... it would seem the issue was that the guy who was having problems was using a pre-production device that has a different layout to the production device.... from what you said it sounds like its working for you ;)

Hi,
test and results:
i do:
1)load clockwork via fastboot and reboot phone in recovery mode
2)make backup (done under 2minutes)
3)make wipe and reboot, all is in factory settings and previous unlock is working with no problems
4)going to backup folder and in is :
boot.img 5MB
recovery.img 5MB
system.img 135.5 MB
data.img 106.7 MB
cache.img 2,1 MB
nandroid.md5 222b
5)reboot phone in recovery mode and make restore (done under 1 1/2 minutes) then reboot phone
6) testing everything (calls protocol,contacts, apps+game saves,all settings,wifi conection ... etc) all working normaly and exactly as before..
Final result is : NEW CLOCKWORK WORKING PERFECTLY ... (for backup and restore naturally...)
Good work bro...

Edited by highender, 05 February 2011 - 03:17 PM.

cuttysark76

cuttysark76

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

3.0.0.5 works like the previous version ;)

Attached File  Print_Screen.jpg   30.72KB   21 downloads

It's the SD backup result

Did everything like highender, with same results! Good work

Noob Question:
What do you mean with "Its still using the standard joe kernel, it will not support EXT3 or EXT4, but everything else should work as expected...)?
The recovery image file can change the kernel?

Edited by cuttysark76, 05 February 2011 - 03:36 PM.

Sebastian404

Sebastian404

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts
Thanks guys, the guy who was having problems did have a pre-production phone, so the partitions are not set out the same way as the ones you've bought.

On the plus side, hes going to get a dump of another production device so I can get his orginal device working for him, so we'll end up with another recovery image to play with...

I'm just working on building a custom kernel right now, I'll have it up later today for you guys to test...

highender

highender

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Thanks guys, the guy who was having problems did have a pre-production phone, so the partitions are not set out the same way as the ones you've bought.

On the plus side, hes going to get a dump of another production device so I can get his orginal device working for him, so we'll end up with another recovery image to play with...

I'm just working on building a custom kernel right now, I'll have it up later today for you guys to test...

you mean like "custom rom" ? ;)

And if he has not functional phone, so he could use the same process as me, now everything goes to 100%

Edited by highender, 05 February 2011 - 06:02 PM.

Sebastian404

Sebastian404

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts

you mean like "custom rom" ? ;)

And if he has not functional phone, so he could use the same process as me, now everything goes to 100%

no, just the kernel in this case... but its the first step to making a custom rom....

The problem with the development phone is that the partitions on the pre-production device are in a different order/size then the production device so when he restores a backup, it puts the data in the wrong place, hence the need for a different method.

Sebastian404

Sebastian404

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts
ok, this is EXPERIMENTAL, so may not work...

Here is a version of Clockworkmod recovery 3.0.0.5 using a self complied kernel... can one of you try it out and let me know if it boots...

http://www.multiupload.com/5JOJ5YVREX

Its just a standard compile using the same options as the stock... lets see if it works before we start changing anything else..

install it in the usual way

highender

highender

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

ok, this is EXPERIMENTAL, so may not work...

Here is a version of Clockworkmod recovery 3.0.0.5 using a self complied kernel... can one of you try it out and let me know if it boots...

http://www.multiupload.com/5JOJ5YVREX

Its just a standard compile using the same options as the stock... lets see if it works before we start changing anything else..

install it in the usual way

I'm going to try ...
what you need it tested ? only boot ?

edit : So I have bad news for you, not booting, cycles hourglass with the words ANDROID ... Still around ...

Edited by highender, 05 February 2011 - 10:20 PM.

Sebastian404

Sebastian404

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts

edit : So I have bad news for you, not booting, cycles hourglass with the words ANDROID ... Still around ...

Oh, wait a miute, you mean it says

A N D R O I D ? and then goes into a reboot loop, between the splash screen and A N D R O I D ?

Edited by Sebastian404, 06 February 2011 - 12:42 AM.

highender

highender

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Oh, wait a miute, you mean it says

A N D R O I D ? and then goes into a reboot loop, between the splash screen and A N D R O I D ?

Yes, a small sign ANDROID then flashes an hourglass and again and again and again and .... just the same as normal at the beginning of recovery but over and over ... So when you turn on recovery mode
Normal boot id working OK

(NOT BIG splash normal boot, small android)

Q: Do you think that would go for this phone to activate JIT ?

Edited by highender, 06 February 2011 - 01:30 AM.

Sebastian404

Sebastian404

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts
Hmm, ok I will build another kernel that might fix that..... tomorrow tho

Having a custom kernel is the first step towards being able to build CyanogenMod, and once you've managed to win that battle, there is nothing stopping you building stock versions of Froyo and Gingerbread.....

Tho thats quite some distance in the future, and we'd need a much bigger user base :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users