Gingerbread Theme. . . . .Which one?

Guest That-Guy

Guest That-Guy

Hi,

Firstly I am using Seb's r0.3: Froyo 2.2 de-softened ROM, just wondering if anyone is using a Gingerbread Theme on it? If so which one?

Also I have a modified services.jar which fixes the signal bar problem do any of the themes come with this included?

Thanks in Advance ;)

Guest Frankish
Hi,

Firstly I am using Seb's r0.3: Froyo 2.2 de-softened ROM, just wondering if anyone is using a Gingerbread Theme on it? If so which one?

Also I have a modified services.jar which fixes the signal bar problem do any of the themes come with this included?

Thanks in Advance ;)

Japanese Jellyfish themes SHOULD work as they use the same base rom. I'm pretty sure kallte did the signal mod so it would be included with any of my themes for it.

Make a Nandroid backup first then flash the theme if you are not sure. ;)

I'm guessing it's in there, because a couple of weeks ago when we were trying to get the black menus sorted on RLS7 I saw that had the signal bar fix, can't imagine that he'd remove it.

lol should've refreshed before I hit reply ;)

Edited by Mike_P

Guest That-Guy

Excellent Thanks for the reply guys ;)

Will be trying the gingerbread theme from HERE

Only problem I can see is I am using Clockwork 2.5.1.8 and according to this statement:

The .zips only work on 3.x.x.x versions of Clockwork recovery. I recommend you update if not on it already. If you want to use older clockwork or Amon Ra recoveries please download this script.

I need to download a script to add to the zip file but can't see a download link for it?

Excellent Thanks for the reply guys ;)

Will be trying the gingerbread theme from HERE

Only problem I can see is I am using Clockwork 2.5.1.8 and according to this statement:

The .zips only work on 3.x.x.x versions of Clockwork recovery. I recommend you update if not on it already. If you want to use older clockwork or Amon Ra recoveries please download this script.

I need to download a script to add to the zip file but can't see a download link for it?

I can't see the link for the script either but AFAIK it shouldn't matter if you have CWM 2.5.1.8 as it supports both the old (update-script) and new (update-binary+updater-script). CWM 2.5.0.9 only supports the old (update-script) and CWM 3.0.0.5 only supports the new (update-binary+updater-script). We won't mention the runt of the litter (2.5.1.3) lol.

Must add the above is how I understand it to be if anyone knows better then please say so. TBH I'd just do a full backup and then try it, if it doesn't work just restore and then plan your next move.

I can't see the link for the script either but AFAIK it shouldn't matter if you have CWM 2.5.1.8 as it supports both the old (update-script) and new (update-binary+updater-script). CWM 2.5.0.9 only supports the old (update-script) and CWM 3.0.0.5 only supports the new (update-binary+updater-script). We won't mention the runt of the litter (2.5.1.3) lol.

Must add the above is how I understand it to be if anyone knows better then please say so. TBH I'd just do a full backup and then try it, if it doesn't work just restore and then plan your next move.

You're right, 2.5.1.8 supports updater and update scripts it seems and 3.x.x.x only uses updater. Personally I'm not sure what earlier versions of 2.x.x.x can do